GnR back to the USA "soon"

AGS

P4A is only stating the facts based on previous tours here in the U.S.? Axl played to less then full houses in most cases this past tour here so without new music, which people can get excited about, why would anyone think another tour here playing the same tired setlist would be any better?...Maybe he can keep doing this in South America but he has milked that cow dry here in the U.S................

I beg the differ. The shows I went to last year (Houston and Dallas) were pretty damn full. The reviews for the most part were good and fair. They are thousands of bands that didn't make the list. I do not think that is a total flop at all. If a band can make millions of dollars, why not come back and tour again.

Edited by batman007

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P4A is only stating the facts based on previous tours here in the U.S.? Axl played to less then full houses in most cases this past tour here so without new music, which people can get excited about, why would anyone think another tour here playing the same tired setlist would be any better?...Maybe he can keep doing this in South America but he has milked that cow dry here in the U.S................

I beg the differ. The shows I went to last year (Houston and Dallas) were pretty damn full. The reviews for the most part were good and fair. They are thousands of bands that didn't make the list. I do not think that is a total flop at all. If a band can make millions of dollars, why not come back and tour again.

Read my post again mate..never said every show was less than a full house, the key word is "most", but based on reports from fans on this and other forums many were less than full...also never said the tour was a flop all I was pointing out is his fan base is shrinking here...they had parts of the arenas blocked off from ticket sales to make them smaller and they still struggled to sell tickets last tour here.......next step is playing theaters in the U.S. IMHO....t

They have a chance to do better with new music before they tour but if it is another ChiDem I doubt that will help much as that album was not a big seller here either...........

Read my post again mate..never said every show was less than a full house, the key word is "most", but based on reports from fans on this and other forums many were less than full...also never said the tour was a flop all I was pointing out is his fan base is shrinking here...they had parts of the arenas blocked off from ticket sales to make them smaller and they still struggled to sell tickets last tour here.......next step is playing theaters in the U.S. IMHO....t

They have a chance to do better with new music before they tour but if it is another ChiDem I doubt that will help much as that album was not a big seller here either...........

I agree with you last sentence!

If a band can make millions of dollars, why not come back and tour again.

Good question. But the better question: if a band have "new" songs, why not release it and toured with the "new" material?

Anyone else hear at the end of that Sailing live , private show where Axl says "do we get paid now? help us dig our selves out of this great big fucking hole we're in"

I don't think he can yet. YET as of then when that was recorded. This last round of tours will even things out and they can start fresh perhaps ?

Good question. But the better question: if a band have "new" songs, why not release it and toured with the "new" material?

because axl loves touring the world on slash material

Funny, but no!

Funny, but no!

if it's "no" ..... axl would drop slash material for new dj ashba and ron thal guns n roses material at concerts

Funny, but no!

if it's "no" ..... axl would drop slash material for new dj ashba and ron thal guns n roses material at concerts

You do realize that Axl had a major part in writing that material too, right?

You can't seriously think that he wouldn't play it no matter how many records he had out.

I agree with that all.

I saw them last year at the Key Arena and it was maybe half full.

New music will increase attendance.

An actual hit would increase attendance tremendously.

Another year of CD or greatest hits tours and attendance will decrease even more.

Funny, but no!

You can't seriously think that he wouldn't play it no matter how many records he had out.

i realize axl played these songs a million times before in u.s. and around the world in the 80's and 90's with slash, duff, izzy, dizzy, gilby, steven, and matt

i realize axl once said he wanted 2 bury the past. bury slash. i guess axl didn't want to bury slash at guns n roses concerts and chinese democracy world tours

cha ching cha ching cha-SLASH

Funny, but no!

i realize axl played these songs a million times before in u.s. and around the world in the 80's and 90's with slash, duff, izzy, dizzy, gilby, steven, and matt

i realize axl once said he wanted 2 bury the past. bury slash. i guess axl didn't want to bury slash at guns n roses concerts and chinese democracy world tours

You do realize that you're making yourself look stupid, right?

Unlike Slash, Axl has never made a derogatory comment about the music that they made together. Axl is actually proud of it.

Besides, the majority of the population would much rather hear the music that he made with Slash than anything Finck had a part in.

Funny, but no!

You do realize that you're making yourself look stupid, right?

Unlike Slash, Axl has never made a derogatory comment about the music that they made together. Axl is actually proud of it.

Besides, the majority of the population would much rather hear the music that he made with Slash than anything Finck had a part in.

axl keeps making money off slash cha ching. axl makes money off robin too. dj ashba and bumblefoot play slash and robin. not their own guns n roses material at concerts. cha ching. cha slash. cha robin. cha cha ching ching

finck6 is a cupcake that has previously posted as an anti-finck cupcake on other boards. finck6 has trolled GNR sites under such names as vegeta6, kenshin and queenie.

people need to stop replying to finck6. she's been trolling GNR sites for like 7 years at this point.

How ironic coming from you...........pot calling the kettle black........

finck6 is a cupcake that has previously posted as an anti-finck cupcake on other boards. finck6 has trolled GNR sites under such names as vegeta6, kenshin and queenie.

people need to stop replying to finck6. she's been trolling GNR sites for like 7 years at this point.

Yeah, but MSL has got a valid point here :shrugs:

Australian Japan and New Zealand should be next

Definitely. Hey if the USA want to argue about another ChiDem tour & don't want to see them again that's fine, let them come to our countries & play. :rolleyes:

How do we know they don't have cds all recorded & waiting to be released after Europe? :shrugs:

axl keeps making money off slash cha ching. axl makes money off robin too. dj ashba and bumblefoot play slash and robin. not their own guns n roses material at concerts. cha ching. cha slash. cha robin. cha cha ching ching

cha dumbass.

axl makes money off slash. look at the setlist. is a setlist chalk full of original chinese democracy material? it's a slash setlist

cha dumbass.

axl makes money off slash. look at the setlist. is a setlist chalk full of original chinese democracy material? it's a slash setlist

This is getting so old :sleeper: The songs wouldn't be half as good with Slash singing, no disrespect to Slash as I have no gripes about him. But c'mon - Axl's voice is very unique by all standards, not many singers have an incredibly "different" voice with rasp & can pull off the songs as he did.

Neither was Slash a chick magnet like Axl back in the day, sure he had his share of women but Axl was the draw card.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm yet to read Slash's biography. :book:

cha dumbass.

This is getting so old :sleeper: The songs wouldn't be half as good with Slash singing, no disrespect to Slash as I have no gripes about him. But c'mon - Axl's voice is very unique by all standards, not many singers have an incredibly "different" voice with rasp & can pull off the songs as he did.

Neither was Slash a chick magnet like Axl back in the day, sure he had his share of women but Axl was the draw card.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm yet to read Slash's biography. :book:

the setlist at 2012 guns n roses concerts is old too

look, the song are still slash. no matter who sings them at concerts. whether it's axl rose or myles kennedy

axl's voice is unique. but he's 50. with only 1 new album of original material. post slash and the boys

you'd think he'd show his critics and the world how unique his voice is by playing setlists of largely new material.

why continue 2 sing slash? especially with dj ashba and ron thal in the band. they're not duff and izzy.

so why still sing slash? why still do it?

Edited by finck6

what exactly am i saying that's a cupcake?

Come on mate you don't get it ? I thought you were a genius?.....finck6 may very well be a cupcake but your an admitted cupcake calling out someone else for trolling and winding people up for their own amusement...remember your dancing monkey comment?..........ironic yes?

Edited by classicrawker

Come on mate you don't get it ? I thought you were a genius?.....finck6 may very well be a cupcake but your an admitted cupcake calling out someone else for trolling....ironic yes?

she repeatedly posts things she doesn't mean to specifically cause an uproar.

if you feel that's what i do, please provide an example.

Do I really need to dredge up that epic thread where you bragged about trolling for 10 straight hours winding people up for your own amusement, calling people who responded to you "dancing monkeys" and claiming you have been trolling us all for something like 10 years.?

Even if Axl decides to bring new music to the next tour he can't really risk taking out any AFD/UYI songs or the word would spread out the arenas would be even more empty... Axl's GnR is and will always be a nostalgia act and if he keeps it going that way he'll always be successful when touring.

Do I really need to dredge up that epic thread where you bragged about trolling for 10 straight hours winding people up for your own amusement, calling people who responded to you "dancing monkeys" and claiming you have been trolling us all for something like 10 years.?

As I already explained, my account was hacked that day.

:rofl-lol:

Even if Axl decides to bring new music to the next tour he can't really risk taking out any AFD/UYI songs or the word would spread out the arenas would be even more empty... Axl's GnR is and will always be a nostalgia act and if he keeps it going that way he'll always be successful when touring.

it's a risk axl must take