St. Jakobshalle, Basel/Switzerland

Silent Jay

Why do people desperately try to find negativity? I just do not get it. The show was awesome and Mr. Rose behaved very professionally - especially considering his history. He started on time, played for 3 hours and some minutes, did not even get mad when a full beer cup came flying his way. Even if he got angry at Frank for a reason, he still behaved professional to the audience and thanked everybody for coming...twice. Also as I wrote in my review I think there was an incident with someone from the crowd before Paradise city that must have made him angry. Things need to be seen in context.

Edited by God of Thunder

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people desperately try to find negativity? I just do not get it. The show was awesome and Mr. Rose behaved very professionally - especially considering his history. He started on time, played for 3 hours and some minutes, did not even get mad when a full beer cup came flying his way. Even if he got angry at Frank for a reason, he still behaved professional to the audience and thanked everybody for coming...twice. Also as I read in my review I think there was an incident with someone from the crowd before Paradise city that must have made him angry. Things need to be seen in context.

That's certainly true. It's always more accurate to view events in their full context.

Ali

Guest Broskirose

Mr. Rose behaved very professionally

Yeah, screaming at your drummer in front of thousands of people is super professional. :rolleyes:

Guest Broskirose

It was really excellent if people could only contribute to discussions about concerts that they actually attended.

Great idea. I'm sure the show threads would thrive that way. :rolleyes:

to be fair, maybe I'm mistaken, but from watching it three times, axl totally comes in at the wrong time, leaving it very hard/impossible for Frank to end the song with him. So, as I said, maybe I didn't hear it right, but I've noticed it many times now, particularly in PC, that axl has a problem with this.

Frank didn't hear him, I'm sure. Axl almost always comes back singing at the wrong time, because when he does it right every guitar player have have 2 turns to solo, in this order - Rich, DJ, Ron; Rich, DJ, Ron; and then Axl comes in to end the show. Sometimes he comes in when DJ's soloing, sometimes when Ron is soloing... I guess he wants to end the song right when Ron's solo ends, but I'd rather hear Ron's crazy tapping solo instead of Mickey Mouse :lol: but that's just me.

I once remember when he got angry at Frank because he didn't want Ron to play his Nightrain solo so he'd go straight into the encore, but Frank went on and Ron got to play a few seconds of his solo; but Axl clearly yells something at Frank because he then plays much earlier the part where they were supposed to end the song. I don't know if I made sense, but that was the show that Axl walked off and came back to end the show several minutes later (Norway in 2010 possibly?)

EDIT: There we go... FF to 3:40

Edited by Bruno Poeys

I really hope Axl gives his vocal chords a good rest after this tour, because clearly he can't sing the way he used to. He reminds me of Vince Neil, with the way he sings the songs one word at a time, if you know what I mean.

If you're talking about his phrasing, that has always been different as compared to the studio versions of the songs. He's always needed to break up the phrases more as compared to the studio versions so he can get more breath support for his voice.

Ali

I really hope Axl gives his vocal chords a good rest after this tour, because clearly he can't sing the way he used to. He reminds me of Vince Neil, with the way he sings the songs one word at a time, if you know what I mean.

If you're talking about his phrasing, that has always been different as compared to the studio versions of the songs. He's always needed to break up the phrases more as compared to the studio versions so he can get more breath support for his voice.

Ali

Yeah, I understand that, but he has to break the phrases more than before. Of course he can't be on top form after such a long show, I get that. Hopefully his voice isn't altered permamently. Would hate it if he ended up like Liam Gallagher, who can't sing the biggest Oasis anthems anymore, because he can't reach the highest points anymore with his nasal drawl.

Edited by weponsnflowers

What a dick move. The funny thing is it's definitely Axl's fault, because he starts singing at the wrong time within the progression. Axl could have easily just gone with it, let them solo a little longer and it wouldn't have changed anything. Oh well, Frank is a boss.

Its videos like these you realise that its axl band rather than A band. Just when ur boss is getting on at you for fuckin' up.

However it must be stressful situation for axl because he knows that the slightest hic up at a show is going to be discussed by thousands that weren't even there, like falling over, trivial points that make a huge impact all over the message boards and media.

Guest Gunns

Axl sounds like an asshole for wanting the song played right?

being a perfectionist and wanting to put on a great show, yeah , and maybe he overreacted but its good to see Axl still had some energy left at that stage in the show, and unfortunately Frank was on the receiving end.