St. Jakobshalle, Basel/Switzerland

Silent Jay

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl sounds like an asshole for wanting the song played right?

being a perfectionist and wanting to put on a great show, yeah , and maybe he overreacted but its good to see Axl still had some energy left at that stage in the show, and unfortunately Frank was on the receiving end.

No, Axl sounds like an asshole for shouting at Frank like that rather than just going up to him and trying to signal him. Besides, Axl came in at the wrong time so the ending would've been screwed up no matter what. :lol:

Still, I wouldn't be too hard on Axl over this little thing. Everyone has their moments. And it was pretty funny anyway.

FWIW the band also played one too many parts on Knocking as well, Axl did his long hold and the band continued to play. I wonder whether Axl was just getting a little miffed about it as the band seemed to mess up multiple times. I mean it doesn't sound bad and Axl handles the Knocking overplay very well, but I suppose if it happened twice in 30 minutes then its probably a little more annoying, especially for a guy like Axl who is always prone to getting a temper.

I feel stupid for not hearing the mistake.

I kind of do too but on watching it again I could see he was supposed to slow down & stop but the music was still going which sort of forced him to continue singing.

Didn't the guitarists also muck it up too then, they kept on playing rather than stopping where they should have, if they stopped Frank would have been playing to nothing?

Its videos like these you realise that its axl band rather than A band. Just when ur boss is getting on at you for fuckin' up.

However it must be stressful situation for axl because he knows that the slightest hic up at a show is going to be discussed by thousands that weren't even there, like falling over, trivial points that make a huge impact all over the message boards and media.

Haven't you ever gotten angry with your equal colleague for fuckin something up. Hasn't axl gotten mad at someone from the original lineup? Don't theorize upon faulty evidence. Everyone gets angry, hell, my fist is in a cast as I speak because of anger

Why do people desperately try to find negativity? I just do not get it. The show was awesome and Mr. Rose behaved very professionally - especially considering his history. He started on time, played for 3 hours and some minutes, did not even get mad when a full beer cup came flying his way. Even if he got angry at Frank for a reason, he still behaved professional to the audience and thanked everybody for coming...twice. Also as I read in my review I think there was an incident with someone from the crowd before Paradise city that must have made him angry. Things need to be seen in context.

That's certainly true. It's always more accurate to view events in their full context.

Ali

Ali arent you the one who said, when Axl ended early in London so everyone could catch the bus, that it discredited any notion that Axl disrespects his fans? You are last person I'd ask about interpreting Axl's actions without bias.

He didnt behave professionally to the audience: he yelled "FUCK" at Frank for going on too long, threw the mic, stomped off and glared at Frank and didnt do his yelpy "Good fucking night" thing.

I just don`t get it. This is a fucking rock band who got big by being reckless, dangerous and unpredictable. Now we have the band start on time, play for 3 hours, Axl ignoring beercups being tossed his way and people complain because he said "What the fuck!?" in Franks direction.

This whole discussion is pathetic and ridiculous. I have the feeling many people are only here to throw dirt at any given opportunity. The band and Axl do not deserve that kind of negativity, they play their fucking hearts out for 3 hours every second night, while a whole bunch of morons sit behind their computer screens eagerly waiting to find an opportunity to get on Axl`s back. Fuck this!

Edited by God of Thunder

I just don`t get it. This is a fucking rock band who got big by being reckless, dangerous and unpredictable. Now we have the band start on time, play for 3 hours, Axl ignoring beercups being tossed his way and people complain because he said "What the fuck!?" in Franks direction.

This whole discussion is pathetic and ridiculous. I have the feeling many people are only here to throw dirt at any given opportunity. The band and Axl do not deserve that kind of negativity, they play their fucking hearts out for 3 hours every second night, while a whole bunch of morons sit behind their computer screens eagerly waiting to find an opportunity to get on Axl`s back. Fuck this!

I thought it was kind of funny, bit like no brakes on a bike. He just kept going so the drums kept on going so he kept on going until he realised he'd better stop or he'd be there singing the same lines for another 3 hours. :rofl-lol:

I thought it was kind of funny, bit like no brakes on a bike. He just kept going so the drums kept on going so he kept on going until he realised he'd better stop or he'd be there singing the same lines for another 3 hours. :rofl-lol:

Looking back it was kind of funny. I also think that Axl was only mad for a couple of seconds as he came back again to thank the audience! Perhaps the band is amused by it now as well.

Why do people desperately try to find negativity? I just do not get it. The show was awesome and Mr. Rose behaved very professionally - especially considering his history. He started on time, played for 3 hours and some minutes, did not even get mad when a full beer cup came flying his way. Even if he got angry at Frank for a reason, he still behaved professional to the audience and thanked everybody for coming...twice. Also as I read in my review I think there was an incident with someone from the crowd before Paradise city that must have made him angry. Things need to be seen in context.

That's certainly true. It's always more accurate to view events in their full context.

Ali

Ali arent you the one who said, when Axl ended early in London so everyone could catch the bus, that it discredited any notion that Axl disrespects his fans? You are last person I'd ask about interpreting Axl's actions without bias.

He didnt behave professionally to the audience: he yelled "FUCK" at Frank for going on too long, threw the mic, stomped off and glared at Frank and didnt do his yelpy "Good fucking night" thing.

No, that's not what I said. Nice try, though, at twisting my words.

Ali

They choose not to.

unfortunetly this is true

I don't know why they choose not to, he seems so happy & friendly. What fan wouldn't want to be there taking photos & joking with him like this? :thumbsup:

people who blame him for not fullfilling their reunion fantasies

I feel stupid for not hearing the mistake.

I kind of do too but on watching it again I could see he was supposed to slow down & stop but the music was still going which sort of forced him to continue singing.

Didn't the guitarists also muck it up too then, they kept on playing rather than stopping where they should have, if they stopped Frank would have been playing to nothing?

Axl comes in on the "C" rather than the "G" at the end. It sounds like he's coming in late, but I think since the entire band kept playing, he came in a few measures early and on the wrong beat.

The entire band (six of them?) would have had to somehow move the song ahead a couple beats without it sounding like a mistake.

Monitor issues probably. I find most of Axl's "screw ups" involve him being a couple beats off from the rest of the band, but technically doing his parts perfectly, so it must have to do with whatever's going into his ears.