Official MyGNR "Get in the Chat" Thread

bacardimayne

Guest Broskirose

get in the chat

I can't. For reasons that have not been explained.

I had to ban you from the chat manually. Just haven't gone back in to remove it yet.

Yeah, with no explanation and when I asked why you banned me from the PM. facepalm.gif

HVbanconversation.png

I clicked 'ignore' on the PM to try and block you from sending more to me. Turns out I can't block you that way as an administrator and just blocked you from the individual PM. I wouldn't 'ban' you from reading a single PM, stop making me out like I'm a weirdo. I didn't want you sending me more because I was tired of responding to you.

Yeah, but you're the admin. You kind of have to respond and let me know why I can't use the chat...

The rules state nothing about supsensions applying to the chat. And lets face it, you wouldn't have suspended me from the chat had you not noticed that I was using it. You just added it on to the suspension because you felt like it and when I simply pointed out that it didn't make any sense I was banned from the PM...

I'm sorry for making you out for a weirdo. Believe me, I wouldn't be discussing this at all since the Rules clearly state that these matters should be dealt with in private, but you already violated that and made me out like a weirdo as well.

HVcasefilesdocument84743865.png

The moderator is encouraged not to mock any forum member publicly in an attempt to let other members aware of the action taken. It's a private matter.

I have nothing against you HV. But my warnings and chat ban (which still has not been explained) are bullshit and you know it.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but you're the admin. You kind of have to respond and let me know why I can't use the chat...

I'm sure he did, in one of those 40 messages he sent you.

The rules state nothing about supsensions applying to the chat. And lets face it, you wouldn't have suspended me from the chat had you not noticed that I was using it. You just added it on to the suspension because you felt like it and when I simply pointed out that it didn't make any sense I was banned from the PM...

Nah, probably because you were bypassing the forum suspension by posting the same bullshit in chat. It's kind of like a kid being grounded from TV but being allowed to play Xbox. It's sorta just kinda common sense, you know.

Speaking of which...

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

13) A "common-sense" approach will be taken to all aspects of moderating content on the site.

Anyway, HV is certainly capable of defending himself, but I figured I'd throw that in there real quick.

Guest Broskirose

I'm sure he did, in one of those 40 messages he sent you.

Wrong. But, since you have all insisted on making this public despite the rules clearly stating that isn't how things should be handled, then perhaps he can explain it now. I'd love to hear it.

Nah, probably because you were bypassing the forum suspension by posting the same bullshit in chat. It's kind of like a kid being grounded from TV but being allowed to play Xbox. It's sorta just kinda common sense, you know.

What the fuck are you talking about? I was not posting ANYTHING of any nature that could be considered rule breaking. I was talking about GNR with Popcorn Snare. Ask him. Or better yet, check the chat logs (if this forum has them). That is a pure 100% lie. Please show me this "bullshit" I was posting. Post the entire transcript of the chat here for everyone to see.

Speaking of which...

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

13) A "common-sense" approach will be taken to all aspects of moderating content on the site.

I have not seen the slightest hint of "common-sense" in the way you people are handling this.

Anyway, HV is certainly capable of defending himself, but I figured I'd throw that in there real quick.

All you've done is comment about PM's that you didn't see and a chat that you didn't see.

Edited by Broskirose

I have not seen the slightest hint of "common-sense" in the way you people are handling this.

Opinions are like assholes...

What the fuck are you talking about? I was not posting ANYTHING of any nature that could be considered rule breaking. I was talking about GNR with Popcorn Snare

Well, I said 'probably' for a reason. And whether you were or not, it's irrelevant. You were acting like a dick on the forum. I saw the reports that led to your suspension. (There were a lot of them, from numerous users.) Why on earth would someone suspended from posting on the forum expect to be allowed to use a chat system incorporated as part of the forum's structure? Like I said, if you're grounded from television...

Anyway, I'm done here. Subsy commented earlier in Support, and made it clear that he'll be weighing in tomorrow. I'll respect his decisions, as should you. Peace.

get in the chat

I had to ban you from the chat manually. Just haven't gone back in to remove it yet.

Yeah, with no explanation and when I asked why you banned me from the PM. facepalm.gif

HVbanconversation.png

I clicked 'ignore' on the PM to try and block you from sending more to me. Turns out I can't block you that way as an administrator and just blocked you from the individual PM. I wouldn't 'ban' you from reading a single PM, stop making me out like I'm a weirdo. I didn't want you sending me more because I was tired of responding to you.

I'm sorry for making you out for a weirdo. Believe me, I wouldn't be discussing this at all since the Rules clearly state that these matters should be dealt with in private, but you already violated that and made me out like a weirdo as well.

HVcasefilesdocument84743865.png

The moderator is encouraged not to mock any forum member publicly in an attempt to let other members aware of the action taken. It's a private matter.

I have nothing against you HV. But my warnings and chat ban (which still has not been explained) are bullshit and you know it.

You decided to make it public when you'd have a signature that was a screen capture that was your message that you were suspended or post in here about how you can't chat. If you were concerned about not being able to use chat you should've PMed a moderator asking them why. If you can't get in touch with one, try another. Post a question in public that should be answered in private, and you should expect a public response. Thats all I've got to say on this matter.

Guest Broskirose

Opinions are like assholes...

This isn't really a matter of opinion. The way the staff is supposed to handle these kinds of things has been clearly posted in The Rules. The fact of the matter is that you people have handled this disastrously. What good are rules if the admin doesn't follow them? Again, this is nothing personal, but If I'm going to get warned and suspended for something I consider to be absolute bullshit, than the staff should be held accountable for things that are clearly and undeniably wrong. This isn't a matter of personal grudges or crusades. It just comes down to this - I have not been treated fairly by this mod team. And you can all blindly back each other up until the sun comes down, but it doesn't change a single thing.

What the fuck are you talking about? I was not posting ANYTHING of any nature that could be considered rule breaking. I was talking about GNR with Popcorn Snare

Well, I said 'probably' for a reason. And whether you were or not, it's irrelevant. You were acting like a dick on the forum. I saw the reports that led to your suspension. (There were a lot of them, from numerous users.)

Interesting. Because I haven't seen these reports that led to my suspension. I was led to believe that my suspension had to do with a comment that I left on someone's profile. The story keeps changing.

Why on earth would someone suspended from posting on the forum expect to be allowed to use a chat system incorporated as part of the forum's structure? Like I said, if you're grounded from television...

I'm pretty sure I've seen other's use the chat when they were suspended from the forum. Regardless, the truth is, HV happened to be online while I was in the chat and then decided to ban me from it. But, check the rules. It doesn't state that suspensions apply to the chat anywhere. And if that really is standard policy for mods to ban people from chat, then how come my chat ban wasn't put into effect until after I had already been in the chat? Why wasn't it done alongside with my forum suspension? If you want to apply the chat suspensions to forum suspensions, I wouldn't have a problem with that. Seems reasonable. But the fact of the matter is that, at the time this wasn't a part of Mygnr's rules and HV didn't even bother to explain it to me. When I pointed this out I was banned from the PM.

Anyway, I'm done here. Subsy commented earlier in Support, and made it clear that he'll be weighing in tomorrow. I'll respect his decisions, as should you. Peace

From what I understand Subsy's post in Support didn't have anything to do with my suspension.

Edited by Broskirose

Guest Broskirose

You decided to make it public when you'd have a signature that was a screen capture that was your message that you were suspended

Ummmm, no. All I did was make a sig and a status update showing that I was suspended so that people knew. I didn't go into any details or make it a public issue. HV's post went into detail on the suspension and mocked me - both things that the Rules state the staff shouldn't do. And even if you were right and I was the one who made it a public issue, the Rules don't state that it isn't ok for posters to do this.

or post in here about how you can't chat.

My suspension is already detailed public knowledge though.

If you were concerned about not being able to use chat you should've PMed a moderator asking them why.

I PM'd HV and he banned me from the conversation. :shrugs:

Post a question in public that should be answered in private, and you should expect a public response.

I have no problem with this being discussed in public now, since the suspension was already made public in the past. The point is that it shouldn't have been in the first place, especially not in the manner it was. You guys hand out suspensions and warnings like they're christmas cards, but when one of you makes a mistake...nothing, and how dare I have the nerve to speak out against it!

Edited by Broskirose

get in the chat

HVbanconversation.png

Hahahahahaha, I have newfound respect for HV after this thread.

Also, no one's ever in the chat from what I can see. I think the most I've ever seen has been 4 on at a time. I think it's pretty much dead and gone.

Edited by Moop

Yeah, but you're the admin. You kind of have to...

Kind of don't "have to" do anything mate.

You're absolutely right - When I suspended you from the forum, I hadn't thought about the possibility of you even using chat. When I noticed you in there, I decided to kick and ban you from it because I felt you should be suspended from there too.

Fair's fair though and your suspension is up so I'll lift the chat ban. Let me be very clear though - I was perfectly entitled to ban you from the chat when you got suspended (whether it's written in the rules or not, it's common-sense that a suspension should apply to there too) and given the way you've gone on about all this, I'd be perfectly entitled to leave the chat ban in permanently.

Buddy, the only "bullshit" here is how many messages I have to send you to explain the most basic of things, and how much of my time you continue to take up. Give it a rest for me, you and everyone else's sake. Your warnings were completely fair and you should count yourself fortunate that they weren't harsher.

Guest Broskirose

Yeah, but you're the admin. You kind of have to...

Kind of don't "have to" do anything mate.

Again, you seem to lack a basic comprehension of the Rules that you posted.

In any instance of a suspension, a moderator must contact the forum member via PM.

You're absolutely right - When I suspended you from the forum, I hadn't thought about the possibility of you even using chat. When I noticed you in there, I decided to kick and ban you from it because I felt you should be suspended from there too.

Yes, I am absolutely right.

Fair's fair though and your suspension is up so I'll lift the chat ban.

"Fair's fair"? Even if what you are saying is correct (it isn't) and the chat ban is supposed to coincide with the suspension, my suspension was 3 days long. I was banned from the chat for 11 days.

Let me be very clear though - I was perfectly entitled to ban you from the chat when you got suspended

How so? What was I doing in the chat that required a ban? Again, I urge you to post the chat logs.

and given the way you've gone on about all this, I'd be perfectly entitled to leave the chat ban in permanently.

Given the way I've gone about this? Are you fucking kidding me pal!? What exactly have I done in going about this that can even be slightly misinterpreted as wrong? I'm not the one who has blatantly broken the Rules several times over here. Please elaborate on what I've done that is wrong in handling this situation. I was given a suspension, now I am appealing it. What is wrong with that? Is that not exactly what the Rules state I am allowed to do?

Buddy, the only "bullshit" here is how many messages I have to send you to explain the most basic of things, and how much of my time you continue to take up. Give it a rest for me, you and everyone else's sake. Your warnings were completely fair and you should count yourself fortunate that they weren't harsher.

You didn't explain the chat ban at all. And when I asked you about it you banned me from the PM. What are you takling about?

HV - I am ordering a citizens arrest on you. You have broken so many Rules and moderating guidelines with no explanation, remorse or apology. I hereby place a 30% warning on you. Honestly that is way too lenient and you should be banned, but I'll let you slide this time. You are suspended for the rest of the day.

Edited by Broskirose