Why all the Dizzy hate?

Vincent Vega

Why do a good number of people dislike Dizzy, while seeming to have no problem with Pittman? Or why do people have problems with Dizzy anyway?

Even Slash warmed up to Dizzy eventually, or else he wouldn't have had him play on the first Snakepit record. And Duff said Dizzy and he partied a lot and got in trouble together on the UYI tour, and he never spoke ill of Dizzy, nor have Izzy or Matt or Steven. Duff and Gilby both had Dizzy play on their respective solo albums; Dizzy's played on Gilby's most recent solo album which was about two years ago. I've always viewed Dizzy as an original Gunner given the fact that he joined the AFD lineup, while Steven was still in the band. The fact that he played as an official member on the UYI and TSI and not simply as an "additional musician", as well as his induction into the RN'R Hall of Fame as a member of Guns N' Roses, sort of solidifies my feeling that Dizzy was THE Sixth Gunner.

gnr2.jpg

guns_n_roses_on_rolling_stone_magazine-26137.jpg

0_21_guns_n_roses.jpg

Edited by Indigo Miser

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Broskirose

Didn't read your thread but as much hate as there is, there are also great posters like dizzyreedsexmachine so it's pretty balanced, I'd say.

Guest Broskirose

Because it looks like he had some kind of awful shock treatment to make him Axl's #1 tortureslave. I don't think I've ever seen the guy blink.

Because he's the only one from the old band who took Axl's side. It's basically that simple.

People cook up some bullshit about his piano parts "ruining" UYI when in reality it just added a little different flavor that the previous releases didn't have, and gave the albums a bit of a Stonesy vibe. Plus his outro on Locomotive was great.

He also co-wrote some of the best songs on CD

Because he's the only one from the old band who took Axl's side. It's basically that simple.

People cook up some bullshit about his piano parts "ruining" UYI when in reality it just added a little different flavor that the previous releases didn't have, and gave the albums a bit of a Stonesy vibe. Plus his outro on Locomotive was great.

He also co-wrote some of the best songs on CD

Yep.

Guest Broskirose

He's sloppy as shit. I'm surprised he's actually in Guns. He reminds me of a 12 year old practising in his room. Not a professional keyboard player.