Knowing your limits on how much to drink if you're driving.

arnold layne

Guest Len B'stard

England might've been squeezed into the Europe on paper but England ain't Europe. Who says so, History says so, England stands alone, always has. You could wake up tomorrow and say you're gonna annex fuckin London to Japan or something but a Londoners gonna be a Londoner.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

England might've been squeezed into the Europe on paper but England ain't Europe. Who says so, History says so, England stands alone, always has. You could wake up tomorrow and say you're gonna annex fuckin London to Japan or something but a Londoners gonna be a Londoner.

I know most of you think you're not European, but you are anyway.

:cry: :cry:

But what's wrong with it? I don't get it... It's a nice continent. :question:

It's beautiful but it's foreign! :lol:

Again, no, it's not foreign. :lol:

And, well, in summer you wouldn't feel homesick over here... I think all English people are here. <_<

And, well, in summer you wouldn't feel homesick over here... I think all English people are here. <_<

Yes it is foreign cos you all talk funny! I'm spending my summer in New Orleans, Las Vegas and LA with the people wot talks proper(ish)! :lol:

It happens the same with the rest of the countries. A French will be always a french, a German will be always a German, etc. I'm saying it's the same continent, not country. Like America, Chile is America, so is USA, but the 2 countries can't be more different and independent.

It happens the same with the rest of the countries. A French will be always a french, a German will be always a German, etc. I'm saying it's the same continent, not country. Like America, Chile is America, so is USA, but the 2 countries can't be more different and independent.

Nope, a European's a European and a Brit's a Brit! See that water all around us? Island on its own that's what it is! See that single currency? Not us, we told em to get fucked! ;)

Yes it is foreign cos you all talk funny! I'm spending my summer in New Orleans, Las Vegas and LA with the people wot talks proper(ish)! :lol:

Well, I bet there are a lot of people talking "funny" in those places. I think many people over there would understand me very well. :P

Edited by izzygirl

Guest Len B'stard

I understand that and i don't wanna come off xenophobic or anything, what i was trying to say was...OK, i'm from England, i have a feel for England, for Englishness, i have...certain preconceived notions based on my own life and based on history that dictate these things, it's something to do with who you are as a person and your identity based on your nation and...i don't feel European, i don't feel that England is in any way a part of Europe except on paper which basically means a bunch of politicians woke up one morning, got together and decided it was gonna be in Europe. I know that, y'know, legally and all that, it is a part of Europe, i understand that but i think there is more to nationality and what it is to be of a certain identity than just the dictations of politicians, it's part of who you are and the air you breath and the salt of the land that you have lived and grown to whatever age on, it ain't European salt, do you get my meaning? It's difficult for someone like me who has a tendency to ramble to explain clearly.

I don't feel European, i don't feel like i belong to Europe, i don't feel a part of Europe.

Edited by sugaraylen

Nope, a European's a European and a Brit's a Brit! See that water all around us? Island on its own that's what it is! See that single currency? Not us, we told em to get fucked! ;)

So Spain and Portugal are Iberian; we are just joined to Europe by a small part. :shrugs:

And the currency, Denmark and Sweden (among others) don't have the Euro either, aren't they Europeans?

I understand that and i don't wanna come off xenophobic or anything, what i was trying to say was...OK, i'm from England, i have a feel for England, for Englishness, i have...certain preconceived notions based on my own life and based on history that dictate these things, it's something to do with who you are as a person and your identity based on your nation and...i don't feel European, i don't feel that England is in any way a part of Europe except on paper which basically means a bunch of politicians woke up one morning, got together and decided it was gonna be in Europe. I know that, y'know, legally and all that, it is a part of Europe, i understand that but i think there is more to nationality and what it is to be of a certain identity than just the dictations of politicians, it's part of who you are and the air you breath and the salt of the land that you have lived and grown to whatever age on, it ain't European salt, do you get my meaning? It's difficult for someone like me who has a tendency to ramble to explain clearly.

I don't feel European, i don't feel like i belong to Europe, i don't feel a part of Europe.

Hear hear!!! Wot wot old chap! Absolutely tip top right there! :thumbsup:

So Spain and Portugal are Iberian; we are just joined to Europe by a small part. :shrugs:

And the currency, Denmark and Sweden (among others) don't have the Euro either, aren't they Europeans?

Up to them, I'm only speaking for me and Lenny in this thread so far! ;)

Guest Len B'stard

I don't know see, this is my point, i'm talking about this thing on a personal level based on how individuals feel, y'know, like the populus of countries as opposed to the dictations of politicians, i'm sure there are people in Denmark and Sweden and Portugal that have their own feelings about these things and their own regional sensibilities and sense of belonging and attachments that are case specific that i know nothing about, thats kinda the basis of my point here.

Each case is special and sensitive and they all have like, their own histories and...sometimes these great mergers or what have you, they're kinda blunt instruments if you get my meaning and with these things you gotta account for regional sensibilities. Like for instance, Spain and, like, i never knew this but someone told me that like the Barca/Madrid rivalry thing is like some really old thing in Spain, something to do with Catalans and Franco and, y'know, all sorts of stuff that i don't understand and like, if i was to make any judgements about Spain i'd be ill-equipped because...when you make decisions that effect a peoples you gotta know those people and understand their sense of identity and the attachments and sensibilities that go with it and my feelings on the whole Europe thing are kinda like that.

Edited by sugaraylen

I understand. I feel the same about Spain and me being Spanish. I don't think people feel related to continents as they do to their countries. Probably that's the reason of all the wars in Europe during centuries. A continent is just a physical thing, something geographic; it's normal that you don't feel attached to a continent, but they are there.

In fact, where I live, much people don't even feel Spanish (they want independence) so I understand what you're trying to say better than you think!

I don't know see, this is my point, i'm talking about this thing on a personal level based on how individuals feel, y'know, like the populus of countries as opposed to the dictations of politicians, i'm sure there are people in Denmark and Sweden and Portugal that have their own feelings about these things and their own regional sensibilities and sense of belonging and attachments that are case specific that i know nothing about, thats kinda the basis of my point here.

Each case is special and sensitive and they all have like, their own histories and...sometimes these great mergers or what have you, they're kinda blunt instruments if you get my meaning and with these things you gotta account for regional sensibilities. Like for instance, Spain and, like, i never knew this but someone told me that like the Barca/Madrid rivalry thing is like some really old thing in Spain, something to do with Catalans and Franco and, y'know, all sorts of stuff that i don't understand and like, if i was to make any judgements about Spain i'd be ill-equipped because...when you make decisions that effect a peoples you gotta know those people and understand their sense of identity and the attachments and sensibilities that go with it and my feelings on the whole Europe thing are kinda like that.

If you talk like that often you could be a good politician! :lol:

I'm Welsh so not only do I not feel European I also don't feel british. In fact, being from Cardiff I can't relate to people from north Wales. They sound too scouse.

Swansea can do one as well, as can anyone further west. I hate people from north Cardiff too, posh twats. In fact anyone not living on my street can get fucked.

But that also goes for my neighbour two doors down, the grumpy cunt.

Edited by spunko12345

I'm Welsh so not only do I not feel European I also don't feel british. In fact, being from Cardiff I can't relate to people from north Wales. They sound too scouse.

Swansea can do one as well, as can anyone further west. I hate people from north Cardiff too, posh twats. In fact anyone not living on my street can get fucked.

And that goes for my neighbour two doors down, the grumpy cunt.

I'm a northerner so all you soft southern cunts can fuck right off too! :lol: