Will Dj write a hit for GNR?

wasted

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Yes, DJ can and probably will create solos and melodies with GN’R that will be appealing to some mainstream rock listeners. I believe this is the reason Axl took him into Guns N’ Roses. With CD Finck and Buckethead took the band completely into alternative whereas Ashba and to a lesser extent Fortus will be the contrast to Bumblefoot’s virtuoso playing, thus keeping GN’R in the middle domain.

It will achieve commercial success but probably not the same vibes as CD. I’m open to it, I won’t slam it before fruition, but I would still like to hear the rest of the CD sessions material, either via illegality of some scammer or official release.

I am convinced however, particularly because of Richard Fortus’ revelations that the band has recorded and will record after the completion of the current Euro tour, that Axl is intent on producing the rest of CD to the fans with more recent additions on both concepts that have existed for some time like The General, and possibly a few new completely new tracks belonging to DJ and Bumblefoot.

Axl's studio career is over. So no.

All that negativity is going to catch up with you Arnold Layne;you do realize that your SN was a Pink Floyd ie:Syd ditty about a tranny panty stealer!

A group called The Beatles decided to stop touring and accomplished some milestones in the Studio.

A group called The Beatles decided to stop touring and accomplished some milestones in the Studio.

The Beatles were never really a live band to begin with. They sucked live.

And fucking lol if you think Axl's going to turn out anything close to a Beatles song in our lifetime.

Axl probably wants to turn the unreleased Chinese Democracy tracks into dubstep remixes.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Not really true. People that heard them live before they got famous say that they were great live. When they got famous though, all women started to scream throughout their whole concerts, so they couldn't hear themselves playing and eventually stopped caring about how it sounded as well.

And fucking lol if you think Axl's going to turn out anything close to a Beatles song in our lifetime.

Axl probably wants to turn the unreleased Chinese Democracy tracks into dubstep remixes.

Well; you are certainly no champion Freddie. I find it fascinating how all these people are able to be psychic to a degree they can not only read a complete strangers thoughts but as an added merit to their supposed talent they can predict someones career; Asstounding ;)

I do think GNR has released songs as timely; unforgettable and lyrical as the Beatles.

Okay,Im not comfortable with the Magical Mystery Trip your mind has gone on.

Firstly The Beatles were definitely a touring band before they made a group decision prompted by Lennon and Harrison to stay in the studio,John and Paul Met at a Quarrymen gig,They

played gigs in Pete Bests Moms Basement she turned into a nightclub of sorts,then The Cavern,Then Hamburg Germany playing live in clubs until George got deported for being underage and a fire in their Bambi Theater Dressing Room.

When Brian Epstien took over as mgr he insisted they clean up,dress nicer and tour their asses off. They were a great live band but it got old not being heard over the screams,and having shit thrown at the stage,even though it was mostly jellybeans.

Look at their last live performance of Don't let me down on top of the Apple bldg,great live band.

I have no earthly Idea why being on a billboard chart is so necessary for some to justify liking GNR,Labels are forced into making changes,Radio Music is Abominable,and I don't want GNR to submit to anything that would put them into the billboard charts,no compromise,no surrender. Let the music speak for itself.

on Topic;Sorry Wasted I think there is a lot of positive energy in the gigs and a certain chemistry in the band.

DJ is highly creative and channels this into music,designing,there is more than one channel for creativity.

I don't understand all the hate for DJ.

Axl will decide if it's a hit or a piece of crap. Axl will decide when we will have an opportunity to hook up with it. DJ may write some outstanding shite, but as for GNR - chance for being a hit (it's obvious that song have to be released to rank it in any way) means Axl approval on it - so my answer is NO.

Guest Gunns

yeah I agree to an extent, but I believe Axl will bring out Dj's best work, and if he doesn't, well we have the Bucket and Finck songs to fall back on (thank god).

yeah I agree to an extent, but I believe Axl will bring out Dj's best work, and if he doesn't, well we have the Bucket and Finck songs to fall back on (thank god).

the bucket and finck songs will be the next chinese democracy record. thank god

Given his track record with Sixx Am and Motely do you think Dj will write a hit for GNR?

Or will just become part of the tapestry or not even get a credit on CD 2.

I think it could happen almost by accident. Dj has the sound that is popular right now. Coupled with Axls vocals. If they don't over complicate it and the lyrics are simple.

It depends what you qualify as a "hit" I believe Ashba is capable of song's like this but would they fit GNR? that is the question

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

Anyway, which songs would you say were hits off of CD?

And what is your definition of a hit? Any song that makes any billboard chart? Does it have to make the actual top 40 songs of the week, and stay there for a few weeks?

How high and how many weeks on the main chart and on a side chart?

chinese democracy and better were both top 5 hits on rock radio here in the states.

people can debate whether a song has to be in the "top 20" or "top 10" or whatever to consider it a "hit," but it would be tough to deny that a top 5 isn't a hit.

wouldn't matter how many weeks.

Chinese democracy hit no. 5 off of new radio requests and singles downloads. It dropped immediately in the following few weeks. More or less the same situation for better though to be fair, Better could be considered a hit. It stayed around in the charts and went up the ranks organically.

As for the main chart side chart, well, no. 5 for cd and no. 3 for better were on the rock radio charts. The "main" chart is the billboard hot 100. CD charted at no. 34 on that once again due to radio spins and singles downloads. However it dropped off completely the next week. Though once again to be fair, unless the band name is nickelback or kings of Leon, it is very difficult to chart high on the top 100 as a rock band.

Determining if cd has hits goes further than seeing the peak number. Curiosity caused a splash, but the songs didn't seem to stick. Numbers can't support the general feel of how a song impacts the culture and the audience. Cd didnt feel like a hit. Better did, ahem, better, but it didn't take the world by storm.

So to the original question, someone reasoned that if Axl can't make a hit by himself how can he with dj's help? Well Axl didn't do it by himself, he still had the gnr name and the mystique of not releasing an album in 15 years at the time. So take that for how you will.