Will Dj write a hit for GNR?

wasted

Radio stations played them because in the rock world Chinese Democracy was the most hyped album of the past 2 decades, the radio audience did not respond well to them, they weren't hits.

It doesn't matter why they were played. Both songs were top 5 rock hits. You do not get to arbitrarily decide that they were not hits because they have not met your personal criteria for what a hit is. They met the industry standard criteria, which is to have a high placement on the charts.

To continue to argue this is very disturbing on your part.

mister saint laurent-

the guns n roses internet community finds your attack on a guns n roses mygnr fan very disturbing

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A populist like Dj can unify everything.

His guitar sound is more accepted by rock and mainstream audience.

As he's proven with Motely and Sixx Am.

Maybe Axl never wants to be the flavor of the month again but Dj definitely has that potential.

^Requests also play a huge part in radio airplay. CD hasn't been in high demand with requests. How is it considered a hit when it's hardly requested?

You're incredibly naive if you actually believe requests play a "huge" part in radio play at major stations (i.e. the few stations that people actually still listen to). Radio stations and the labels have been in bed since the modern music industry has existed. Same deal with concert promoters. Ever notice how when a radio station is promoting a concert they constantly plug the concert and play music from the band they're plugging? Do you think that they're doing that out of the goodness of their heart?

Radio stations played them because in the rock world Chinese Democracy was the most hyped album of the past 2 decades, the radio audience did not respond well to them, they weren't hits.

It doesn't matter why they were played. Both songs were top 5 rock hits. You do not get to arbitrarily decide that they were not hits because they have not met your personal criteria for what a hit is. They met the industry standard criteria, which is to have a high placement on the charts.

To continue to argue this is very disturbing on your part.

apparently the industry standard doesn't mean much at all, cause these songs came and went and were forgotten by radio DJs around the world in a matter of weeks

again, I don't think it matters at all, some of my favorite songs of all time have never been played on the radio, I just don't see why anybody would attempt to validate something as being so successful when it really wasn't, when talking about music that's usually what describing a song as a "hit" implies, a very successful single. I guess I never recognized how objective radio hits are

but yeah, its very disturbing on my part. I'll make an appointment to see my doctor first thing tomorrow morning because I don't consider the Chinese Democracy singles hits

Groghan, why do you continue to compare CD's sales to AFD and UYI as though it's some sort of realistic or apples to apples comparison? Those are some of the biggest albums of all time, and were released in a completely different era. Nobody (Guns N' Roses or otherwise) will ever come close to selling what those albums did again.

Chinese Democracy was the #14 selling album worldwide in 2008 and was only out for 5 weeks. Despite what people on here claim, its sales performance was not bad, nor was it great. It did pretty well all things considered, even if the sales didn't live up to the hype or the huge production budget. People on here want to see things in such a black and white way. It sold something like 3.5 million records worldwide, which was the equivalent to about 7-8 million worldwide in 1999 based on the general decline of the record industry. Death Magnetic was considered a hugely successful album by one of the biggest and most visible bands in the world and it sold 4.5 million records worldwide. Nobody is really selling a ton of records anymore.

Honestly, who knows. Who knows if even Axl can still write hits? Just because someone has been able to write hits before is no guarantee they'll be able to write hits going forward. Look at Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Chris Cornell, Bono, etc. I've always viewed musicians much like athletes, they have their prime years followed by a fading of their talents.

Cheers,

Andrew

Those people you mentioned, they wrote songs during an "era". Professional song writers, the guys who wrote all Aerosmith's hits during the late 80's to late 90's? They churn out hits their whole life. Some of these guys are old as FUCK and can write a hit in 10 minutes. That's because melody and "hooks" never go out of style.

Edited by Nintari

like The Stomes out a new album, there might be a video and song probably will never be a big hit like Satisfaction. They tour and continue to sell records, whether that's a live album, GH, or the new record.

At this point if GNR isn't established then it's too late.

I could see Dj n Axl writing song with the band that charts even if just in the rock charts. But I think there's a possibility it could go wider.

I'm think something Love in a Elevator or even Kick Start my Heart.

your decision to continue to argue when you had no knowledge of the subject was very odd. not sure a doctor appointment is necessary, but there is definitely a lesson to be learned from this.

:rolleyes: i wish i was as smart as you

^Requests also play a huge part in radio airplay. CD hasn't been in high demand with requests. How is it considered a hit when it's hardly requested?

Hahahahhaha dude, you seriously have like NO idea what you're talking about. Fan requests play almost NO part in what new songs are played at corporate rock radio. Seriously, just stop. You and a few others here very clearly know absolutely nothing about how radio works in the US. This is getting embarrassing.

96 rock in Atlanta plays most of their music from online requests. They have been around forever and huge. I do know what I'm talking about you looney.

You're incredibly naive if you actually believe requests play a "huge" part in radio play at major stations (i.e. the few stations that people actually still listen to). Radio stations and the labels have been in bed since the modern music industry has existed. Same deal with concert promoters. Ever notice how when a radio station is promoting a concert they constantly plug the concert and play music from the band they're plugging? Do you think that they're doing that out of the goodness of their heart?

Nope, I am discussing reality. 96 Rock here in Atlanta, a huge station plays mostly requests and announces the user that requested after every song.

Just because you guys end up wrong with your statements doesn't make anyone else naive. You're just wrong.

I'm out of my mind because my local corporate rock station takes requests? What a great retort!

Why you are allowed to pollute this board with your crap especially considering what you tried to do to the band is beyond me. Some people mock the band here but you became a cupcake to the band itself. Despicable.

guess that's another TKO to add to my record.

Wow.

Your knockout victory over an anonymous poster on a rock music forum does make you the champion.

The forum champion cupcake, dictator, police, educator.......

mister saint laurent's the mygnr forum champ cupcake. mister saint laurent isn't the infamous chinese democracy guy

Wow.

Your knockout victory over an anonymous poster on a rock music forum does make you the champion.

mister saint laurent's the mygnr forum champ cupcake. mister saint laurent isn't the infamous chinese democracy guy

Are you the transgender champ?

Wow.

i'm the guns n roses fan champ

Wow.

Where's your belt?

Wow.

:thumbsup:

Wow.

Where's your belt?

axl's borrowing my fan belt

Wow.

Gee; I thought you were too mature and busy flip/flopping to engage in this playground action.

you guys do know that this is merely a forum,that unfortunately contains some severely misinformed and delusional people out to compensate for some lack in their lives, or to promote their own agenda,and to create unneeded Drama.

But there are a few Good guys here as well. :)

axl's borrowing my fan belt

What would he want it for?

Spare Automotive Equipment?