Axl's dream project

Vincent Vega

Back in the 90s, Axl when asked about the idea of a solo record eagerly expressed the idea of working with Trent Reznor on at least one song, of working with Dave Navarro in some way which involved Slash. Slash also said Axl had told him he wanted Dave Grohl on this project, and Axl mentioned in an interview in 1994 how he wanted Brian May to work with Guns or him on "something".

HP: There has been talk, however, about Slash doing a solo project. Can you ever see yourself doing an album away from Guns N' Roses?

AXL: I want to do some stuff on my own, but not as a means of trying to prove my own sense of identity. You know the song My World on Use Your Illusion II? I want to do a whole project like that by myself and with whoever else might want to be on it. But right now it's just me and a computer engineer. It's just raw expression - just putting ideas together. We just go in, say what do we want to do and get to work. We completed My World in three hours. It's something that I need to get out of my system, but it's not something I want to base my career and future on.

HP: You mention the idea of working with other musicians. If you had your choice, who would you really like to work with on a project?

AXL: Trent Reznor from Nine Inch Nails is one, and Dave Navarro from Jane's Addiction is another guy I want to work with. I've talked to Trent about working with me on an industrial synth project, at least on one song, and I definitely want to work with Dave on something. I've always been curious what he would sound like working with Slash on something.

"But there was a point there where Axl goes: 'I'm gonna do a solo record, and I'm gonna get Trent Reznor and Dave Navarro, and the drummer from Nirvana...' and so on. And it's like, he doesn't even know half of these people. He's just pulling them out of the sky. And I was like, 'Cool! Do your thing. That way you'll get it out of your system, and when you get back we'll just be Guns N' Roses.'" (Slash, Metal Hammer, 11/95)

"We may work with Brian May on a project upcoming. We don't know. And we're hoping to pull that one off. We get along with Brian really well." [Axl, Rockline, 1/94]

Imagine if that project came to fruition--An Axl album, totally experimental and likely angry industrial stuff, in collaboration with Trent Reznor, with guitar by Dave Navarro and Brian May and drums by Dave Grohl, with more than likely at least one guest spot from Slash. Axl had the uncanny ability to know exactly what was contemporary and what was going to be big--He liked Industrial, Grunge and Techno years before mainstream audiences, especially "Rock N' Roll" people picked up on them--And I imagine such a project could've been epic. It'd have probably been one of the best records of the '90s and it is one of the saddest things which never happened. I'd have loved if Axl did like his version of Mr. Bungle basically. Just wild, mindfuck sort of music.

Edited by Indigo Miser

You know the song My World on Use Your Illusion II? I want to do a whole project like that by myself and with whoever else might want to be on it. But right now it's just me and a computer engineer. It's just raw expression - just putting ideas together. We just go in, say what do we want to do and get to work. We completed My World in three hours. It's something that I need to get out of my system, but it's not something I want to base my career and future on.

HAH!!! I always said that CD is kind of a My World's son.

t's something that I need to get out of my system, but it's not something I want to base my career and future on.

Now, according to this, we got hope for Axl won't do industrial shit in the future. :xmassrudolph:

Imagine if that project came to fruition

Well

Dave Navarro is on OMG

May is on Catcher but cutted.

Reznor always hate Axl, Grohl doesn't give a shit past and present to Axl.

End of story.

'Cool! Do your thing. That way you'll get it out of your system, and when you get back we'll just be Guns N' Roses.'" (Slash,

:rolleyes: Slash speaks the truth here

Edited by Crash Diet

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

AXL: You know the song My World on Use Your Illusion II? I want to do a whole project like that by myself

Thanks for that, Axl. This is the answer to why much of CD sucks.