Let's play NuGNR Survivor

NuGNR Survivor  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reunite the 2006 lineup, which has some unfinished business

Alternatively, get Bucket + Bumble on dual lead guitar :shock: Imagine what they could do together

Either way, BBF should stay and Ashba would not be missed a lot

reunite the 2006 lineup means the fulltime return of mr. robin finck

Alternatively, get Bucket + Bumble on dual lead guitar :shock: Imagine what they could do together

Exactly. That'd be awesome

Exactly. That'd be awesome

exactly. robin was awesome on the guns n roses up close and personal tour

robin would be awesome again on this current leg of the chinese democracy world wide tour. especially on TIL. among many others

well all the guitarists now are better players then the ones before them. Dj is cleaner on some solos that Robin just played sloppy as hell on but Robin had a great and dirty feel on some solos that Dj just playes bland and boring on..... But I would choose to kick out Dj...... and get Buckethead back :D

What is this, some revisionist history? Like 85-90% of people couldn't stand Robin when he was in the band. He couldn't play guitar for shit live.

Also, he wasn't on the Up Close and Personal tour, was he? I thought that tour happened within the last year or so. Don't tell me it happened like 5 years ago and that amount of time has passed me by that quickly.

What is this, some revisionist history? Like 85-90% of people couldn't stand Robin when he was in the band. He couldn't play guitar for shit live.

Also, he wasn't on the Up Close and Personal tour, was he? I thought that tour happened within the last year or so. Don't tell me it happened like 5 years ago and that amount of time has passed me by that quickly.

I know. I remember back in 2006 everybody hated him

and he made one guest appearance on one song on the UCAP tour :P

Edited by Desperado

He couldn't but I'd still rather have his writing on the next record than DJ.

I know. I remember back in 2006 everybody hated him

and he made one guest appearance on one song on the UCAP tour :P

Oh what an exciting guest.

Well. ASHBA and robin are both sloppy as shit live. But, Finck looks cooler, had great chemistry with the band, and as far as writing well... Depends. Do you prefer Better or Sixx Am? Better plz k thnx

Depending on what era of Robin we're talking about, I'm not sure if he looks "cooler." They both can look... well I'm going to try and stop being negative but I'm not a fan of either of their images. Chemistry with the band? Ok I'll give you that one. Sixx AM or Better? Clearly Better, it's a very good song. It might have been well-written, but I still don't think it was well-played, even on the record, though. Someone else could have made it sound better if they were on guitar instead.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I see a lot of 'revive' Bucket without saying lose Bumblefoot. What sense is there in two alike virtuosos/musicians? I would love to witness a Bucket return but equally I do not want to lose Bumblefoot. I would rather Finck to Ashba. That's about it.

Bucket was great, but I cant believe there aren't more votes for bringing back brain. He was fucking awesome with this band.

I thought Brain was great but not right for the band. I have no opinion whatsoever on Frank Frererer

Why is there no option to kick out Axl?

Because people would choose him to be clever, but that wouldn't necessarily help us reach a consensus.

since GNR is a corporate name...and every other band member has been replaced and replaced again(almost)...I mean its fooled a tremendous amount of you people that your getting Guns and FUCKING Roses ..this version is so tamed down and so cliche by now..and obviously going through the motions of being a marquee band. ALL the music is now 10-26+ years old. Anthems from the 80's and 90's...decades away from from what GNR legacy promise was....so hey wheel in a vocalist as well.... Sing the hits.... make the money and Live and Let Die...

You younger people who werent fortunate enough to catch the furious energy of GNR 86-93 (the same ones that make fun of the sunset strip LA rock scene of the late 80's and 90's )will get a chance to see and hear some of the greatest music written ..get your ya ya 's off and be entertained for a few hours ..get a few hours of fun and history. No harm in that..good for business.

Broadway plays have traveling casts...why not? Axl has proved that you dont need a personality superstar band to get the job done...some of You people will never be able to relate to the new band in the same way that the Legacy band was related to..no matter how hard you try to...take away or add....Never ever going to catch the fever that GNR was in the 80's and 90's.... and thats OK...it is what it is.

Bucket was great, but I cant believe there aren't more votes for bringing back brain. He was fucking awesome with this band.

bring back brain 2. brain is GREAT guns n roses drummer. brain is the drummer on the chinese democracy record. not having brain in guns n roses is like not having ringo be the drummer for the beatles