Scraped

wasted

Drums are Brain

The instrumental is cool, I'm not sure why people on here dislike it so much given that it's a "straight ahead rocker" that so many seem to think CD lacked.

Not all "straight ahead rocker"'s are good. That's why. I like it myself but I'm not baffled when people don't like something I do.

Drums are Brain

The instrumental is cool, I'm not sure why people on here dislike it so much given that it's a "straight ahead rocker" that so many seem to think CD lacked.

Not all "straight ahead rocker"'s are good. That's why. I like it myself but I'm not baffled when people don't like something I do.

I'm not saying I don't understand why everyone doesn't like it. I've noticed particular venom spewed toward it from the faction that says CD needed more straight ahead rock songs though, which I don't quite understand. I don't think it's a great song but I do feel it receives a disproportionate amount of criticism on here as it seems to be vehemently hated by a certain vocal faction on here

I really like it, one of my most listened to songs actually. Think it's the vocals that throw people on this one. And the solo is a Bumblefoot one and to some people that's a point against it.

the vocals are definitely a point of contention for people. i remember getting way excited when the best buy commercials first started cropping up online back in 2008 -- we hadn't heard anything from 'scraped' yet so that was our first preview of the track, and hearing axl's scream made me feel like a giddy little schoolgirl.

the song is now one of my least-played tracks from the album, but i don't dislike it. if it comes on, i won't necessarily skip it. but i do agree with the person who said that it almost sounds kind of sluggish -- i think there's a bit too much going on in the song. perfect example of a track that would have actually sounded a helluva lot better if recorded off the cuff and a bit rawer. you can almost hear all the work and editing done to it over the years and all the extra layers added and in the end i think it suffers for that.

axl's best bet would be to let these guys all book a studio together for a month and crank out some raw rock n' roll, but that's not likely to happen any time soon.

It's almost like its a bass riff. That why I think it sounds like Prodigy song.

On my iTunes it says it has the most players. I think because it doesn't take ages to start. Don't bore us get to the chorus is adhered to.

Liked it at first but now it seems a bit too mishmash of everything thrown into the instrumentals and the chorus isn't that strong. It has just worn out and while I appreciate the idea of the intro, it just doesn't sound very good.

I tend to skip this one but really should give it more of a listen to. The drumming is great but it doesn't bother me who's doing it. All drummers sound the same to my musically deaf ears. Would love to see this live though.

i cant believe we still don't have ANY recordings of the one and only performance of scraped in the last year.

It's also the one and only time it was ever performed in the US.

I was in Worcester, took plenty of pictures but security would not allow video (we were side stage, not on the floor). It was so early in the setlist, I think if it was later people would have been less afraid to record it.

At one point the BB track listing ran

Chi dem

Shacklers

Scraped.

That would have kicked ass.

actually, it was scraped b4 shackler's. here's the full original tracklisting if you're interested:

01. "Chinese Democracy"

02. "Scraped"

03. "Shackler's Revenge"

04. "Street Of Dreams"

05. "If The World"

06. "Better"

07. "This I Love"

08. "There Was A Time"

09. "Riad N' The Bedovins"

10. "Sorry"

11. "I.R.S."

12. "Catcher"

13. "Madagascar"

14. "Prostitute"

Interesting. I wonder if they thought Scraped would have power as a single at first.

At one point the BB track listing ran

Chi dem

Shacklers

Scraped.

That would have kicked ass.

actually, it was scraped b4 shackler's. here's the full original tracklisting if you're interested:

01. "Chinese Democracy"

02. "Scraped"

03. "Shackler's Revenge"

04. "Street Of Dreams"

05. "If The World"

06. "Better"

07. "This I Love"

08. "There Was A Time"

09. "Riad N' The Bedovins"

10. "Sorry"

11. "I.R.S."

12. "Catcher"

13. "Madagascar"

14. "Prostitute"

Interesting. I wonder if they thought Scraped would have power as a single at first.

They were planning on opening with it according to the Taipei setlist sheet.

Guest Broskirose

i cant believe we still don't have ANY recordings of the one and only performance of scraped in the last year.

I was there. Axl sounded horrible. Still, it was great to hear it.