What are your favorite Wes Anderson movies?

Randy Lahey

This is how I rank them:

1) The Royal Tenenbaums

2) Rushmore

3) Moonlight Kingdom

4) The Darjeeling Limited

5) Fantastic Mr Fox

6) The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

7) Bottle Rocket

His movies remind me of what early Kinks albums would look like if they were put to celluloid. I think he should write a movie based around The Village Green Preservation Society album next.

Edited by Randy Lahey

You need to go see Moonlight Kingdom. It's easily the best movie I've seen in 2012.

I'll have to check it out.

When I first saw the first half of the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be "What are you favorite Wes Craven movies?", but I was quickly and slightly disappointed. After remember who the director was though, interested was brought back a little.

Rushmore is one of my favourite films of all time.

1. Rushmore

2. The Royal Tenenbaums

3. Fantastic Mr Fox

4. The Life Aquatic

Still haven't got round to Darjeeling Limited or Bottle Rocket. Been looking forward to Moonrise Kingdom for a while now so will hopefully get to that this week sometime.

His movies remind me of what early Kinks albums would look like if they were put to celluloid

The Rushmore soundtrack was originally meant to be consist entirely of songs by The Kinks. I'm glad it wasn't though because the scene where I Am Waiting kicks in is one of my favourite parts of the film.

The Royal Tenenbaums

Rushmore

The Darjeeling Limited

Moonrise Kingdom

The Life Aquatic

The Fantastic Mr. Fox

Bottle Rocket

Pic I took of the Tenenbaum mansion when I was living in Harlem, because I am a nerd -

tennenbaum.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've yet to see The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou or Moonrise Kingdom, and I can't recall Rushmore enough to count it, but here is my update list for now after refreshing myself with Darjeeling and watching Bottle Rocket:

1) The Royal Tenenbaums

2) The Darjeeling Limited

3) Fantastic Mr. Fox

4) Bottle Rocket

I enjoyed Bottle Rocket a good bit, and Owen Wilson is crazy in it, but I still feel like I enjoyed Fantastic Mr. Fox more (though it's been awhile since I watched that, as well).

As I said, I haven't seen two of the films, and can't remember Rushmore enough to count it, but I am surprised Bottle Rocket is on the bottom of everyone's list. It's a real good movie, especially for his first.