I think global warming is far worse than people think.

arnold layne

I remember when I was a kid we used to get snow before Thanksgiving. Now we are lucky to get more than a few inches by Christmas. That was less than ten years ago.

When news programs around the country are saying records have been set this summer for all fifty states, that is cause for concern. The truth is a week or two straight of one hundred degree weather is highly unusual in the upper Midwest, well it was until only a few summers ago. At this rate I really think temperatures will be so severe in the near future, the next generation (as in my kids) are in some serious trouble. I think we may be making it, but it will be close. I give it one hundred and twenty more years at the very most.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

At some point the ice caps will melt like they've done before and shit gone change. Humans will eventually be extinct. So we should just burn all the oil and have good time while we can. When it's gone it's back to swamp.

its been much hotter in the worlds history than it is now, climates have changed and will continue to change. im not for polluting and all that and would like to see us clean up the air but im also not an al gore follower either lol

Youre just looking for any reason for it all to end aren't you arnold?

Global warming, global cooling, it's natural. Don't be so arrogant to think this is caused by people.

i was told when i was in 5th grade the world was getting colder and by the time i was 20(im 25 now) i could witness a new ice age :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

as soon as the financial crisis hit they shut up about global warming. ud have to look at the data over a few million years.

We shouldNt be polluting the air we breathe but our lives are finite. So we can suck down a packs before we die.

Edited by wasted

Global warming, global cooling, it's natural. Don't be so arrogant to think this is caused by people.

How can you even think that? The amount of CO2 we pump into the atmosphere is ridiculous.

I've always wondered why Americans are more sceptical about climate change than anybody else.

If anything I think it's more arrogant to ignore the findings of scientists who have spent their lives researching something just because you have a gut feeling they're wrong or because you don't like their findings.

Edited by Aaron_H

There are a few fact that we know about global warming and some myths.

Is it true that the planet has been hotter in the past? Yes, but that shouldn't be a comfort pillow to lie down on and relax. Because what ice cores have showed us is that climate change isn't some gradual prosess that goes over houndreds of years so that we can all adapt. It stays mainly the same for a long time, then it shifts dramaticly. That change would in todays world been catastrofic with alot of people dieing in storms and heatwaves.

Another thing about global warming is the myth that global warming makes everything hotter. If you have a very cold winter, it disprofs global warming. As the name implies, global warming is warming on a global scale, you can still have cold winters etc and still have the mean temperature rise on a global scale.

I could say alot more about this issue since it is a issue dear to me, but then people won't read it (tl:dr problems)

What I will leave with is this.

If there is global warming and we do nothing, we are fucked.

If there isn't global warming and we do something, we are fine.

Can I just point out that the discussion should be about climate change and not global warming. Calling it global warming simplifies things far too much. I've not looked into it in intricate detail but in response to Aaron, do you really have to ask yourself why the world's largest producer of fossil fuels may have cause to dispute man made climate change? Whether it's true or not, the opposition has little to do with an appraisal of the evidence and a lot to do with the $$$$$$.

It's similar to people who deny things like evolution really in that they already hold a certain point of view or have some vested interest and any evidence that contradicts them must therefore be flawed. Good science starts with a blank slate and follows the evidence to its logical conclusion and that's not possible if people go into it with unshakable pre-conceived ideas from the start.

Again I'm not coming down on either side here but if somebody is to look into the issue of climate change and one conclusion would cos them millions then you can guarantee they'll find enough "evidence" to support the other side of the argument whether it exists or not.

Edited by Dazey

To me, this is one of the worst sayings that has been associated with this issue, and I've heard it a lot.

I think it's arrogant to think that we can radically manipulate the landscape and not have an effect.

Even if the temperatures weren't rising, there are still a lot of issues we should worry about: the amount of waste we produce, depletion of natural resources, erosion, species extinction and so on and on... We've become way too spoiled and irresponsible. Actually, it's an understatement

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I agree with you, Arnold. It's usually just ignorant Americans that refuses to accept that the global warming exists, because then they'd have to face some consequences and try to cut down on the environmental affects caused by them. I think we're already fucked, we can't turn back and fix what we've ruined. Especially since there are so many countries which doesn't show any will to better themselves at all.

Yep... now, why don't all of you turn off your laptops, phones, etc.? <_<

:rofl-lol: Good post!

Total and utter shit, it's just the earth's cycles. In england we ae having rain and temps of 14-16c in july, worst summer we had for years, in fact ever ! No global warming it's total bollocks

Climate change is a myth because you've had to get the brolly out a few times! Are you sure that when you say "England" you don't actually mean "Texas"? :rolleyes:

My only problem with people arguing against things like this is when you ask why and they say shit like "it's raining in July of course it's not real". Well thanks for that pearl of wisdom there doc. :lol:

I remember when I was a kid we used to get snow before Thanksgiving. Now we are lucky to get more than a few inches by Christmas. That was less than ten years ago.

When news programs around the country are saying records have been set this summer for all fifty states, that is cause for concern. The truth is a week or two straight of one hundred degree weather is highly unusual in the upper Midwest, well it was until only a few summers ago. At this rate I really think temperatures will be so severe in the near future, the next generation (as in my kids) are in some serious trouble. I think we may be making it, but it will be close. I give it one hundred and twenty more years at the very most.

I didn't read through the replies, but you are probably right. One of the "variables" in climate science is clathrates(methyl hydrates); these compounds are 32X more efficient at trapping solar radiation. And, the Arctic and Tundra is loaded with clathrates. You see, they feed a loop... the warmer the temps, the more clathrates are released; the more clathrates are released, the more the temps will increase!

Eventually, in a few million years, capcarbs will equalize the climate, and the temps will return to "more normal".