Which song would you have liked a video for?

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

I would've loved a video for Coma. I think they would've come up with something really trippy. I always imagined we'd have awesome freaky visuals of Axl's 'voices' talking to him while he's unconcious. Kind of like the awesome part in Don't Cry when we have three Axl's in a room :wub:

EDIT: If you can, describe how you imagine the video.

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel

i always imagined Shackler's Revenge would have a comic book feel or maybe something like Sin City.

Kind of like the awesome part in Don't Cry when we have three Axl's in a room :wub:

Oh how I wish that three Axl's was a reality ^_^

And I agree with the others, Civil War.

EDIT: I always imagined a war setting, with the members (or whoever) fighting in a war while watching horrendous acts being committed only to then wake-up and realise that the war-zone was in reality, their own country and place they consider home.

Cheesy I know, it's hard to explain.

Edited by __Stacey__

One in a Million, hehehe. It would be soooo cool nowadays, with all these politically correct bullshit that has spread like a natural law.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

You added that after I posted.

So, Civil War:

Axl and the band dressed up as soldiers during the American Civil War would have been fun. :lol:

Kind of like the awesome part in Don't Cry when we have three Axl's in a room :wub:

Oh how I wish that three Axl's was a reality ^_^

And I agree with the others, Civil War.

EDIT: I always imagined a war setting, with the members (or whoever) fighting in a war while watching horrendous acts being committed only to then wake-up and realise that the war-zone was in reality, their own country and place they consider home.

Cheesy I know, it's hard to explain.

I think I get what you mean. I always imagined for the lead up to the 'my hands are tied' that Axl would pretend to be a war hero being captured. And during the instrumental there he is being dragged all crazed - kicking and screaming down a corrider. All bloody and his clothes all ripped. Then for the 'my hands ate tied' onwards he is tied up in chains from the ceiling and he's being hit and whipped and stuff with officers interrogating him. He'd sing the chorus of the song all pained and straining into the camera.

Slash will play his epic solo on a battle field. With the war going on all around him. Oblivious of the legend that is Slash ripping it up.

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel

I have another interpretation for the civil war video.

Axl leads his men (the band) onto the battlefield then Slash stabs him in the back and puts on an enemy uniform with the other members, and the new band pick up a wounded Axl, who carries on the fight ;)

If The World. I imagine it as like, various band members hangin around some ghetto mexican neighborhood, with Axl selling drugs on the corner. Robin leaning against a brick wall playing the solo (2007 jesus look with sunglasses). Then at the end Axl gets shot by some gangbangers.

I would've loved a video for Coma. I think they would've come up with something really trippy. I always imagined we'd have awesome freaky visuals of Axl's 'voices' talking to him while he's unconcious. Kind of like the awesome part in Don't Cry when we have three Axl's in a room :wub:

a EPIC music video 4 TIL. featurin mr. robin finck in EPIC way. like slash was featured in the EPIC way at the church and on the water in the November Rain & Estranged EPIC music videos

Tied between OMG, Shacklers, and Riad.

For OMG I imagine it would be some guy holding some girl hostage while the cops and swat are outside.

Shacklers I imagine it would be some guy preparing to go out and kill someone.

Riad, idk what it would be, but it could be axl's take on the band breakup.

a EPIC music video 4 TIL. featurin mr. robin finck in EPIC way. like slash was featured in the EPIC way at the church and on the water in the November Rain & Estranged EPIC music videos

EPIC TIL solo

Allways loved "live" videos better than "story" videos... i like to see the energy of the song when its being played (even if they use the studio version for the video)

for example this guy made some amazing video

Shacklers is INSANE

check his other works :thumbsup:

Allways loved "live" videos better than "story" videos... i like to see the energy of the song when its being played (even if they use the studio version for the video)

Shacklers is INSANE

Agree about the live videos.

Does anyone remember the supposed leaked clip of the better video? I can't find it on youtube, but it was maaaybe 30 seconds. I swear it was the real deal because there was previously unseen live footage (Axl running along the front row of the crowd at a festival, not Rock Am Ring, he was in a white t-shirt and sunglasses, from 2006, is a moment that sticks out to me).

Shacklers is INSANE

Agree about the live videos.

Does anyone remember the supposed leaked clip of the better video? I can't find it on youtube, but it was maaaybe 30 seconds. I swear it was the real deal because there was previously unseen live footage (Axl running along the front row of the crowd at a festival, not Rock Am Ring, he was in a white t-shirt and sunglasses, from 2006, is a moment that sticks out to me).

probably its not this (this is a "thank you" from GnR; its even in their facebook page, after the 2010 tour, using unseen material from a documentary)

but imagine what they could done with this kind of footage!! <_<

if u can find the other video please post it, i cant remember it

Edited by AGS

We're at the point where a name director and animation studio could make a video for every song, and would look pretty damn good. Most of ChiDem would look killer as anime.

Too bad GNR didn't get Adam Jones of Tool, before there was a Tool, to make a video for "Coma" to show at the concerts while the band took a break..or decided to play live along to it, and then include it on "Welcome to the Videos". I don't know why bands don't do that.. make a 15-20 minute film just for the concerts while the band goes on break, esp if it's "An Evening With" type shows.

TWAT - columbian drug baron mansion with lots choppers n coke. Axl fight with supermodels then taking a speed ride for the solos.

Catcher - b/w around NYC, The Dakota building, the band playing near the statue of Liberty. Axl could be made up as Lennon, Chapman, Holden.