My official review of the Tel Aviv show

Projected

Thought I would open a news thread since I have a lot to tell and a lot of pics, so I don't want it to be lost in the TLV thread.

It would be also nice if other people share their experience.

OK, first thing's first - AMAZING rock show.

Any rock fan should go see these guys play. This was a fucking academy of rock shows. If anyone has doubts about seeing GnR live. Don't miss it. It's a very very good show. I was actually shocked at how good it was. I wasn't expecting a nice show. But this was fucking academic. Kudos to everyone involved.

I missed the first opener, Hayehudim, because I was stuck at work. But I've seen them like 5k times so meh. Ugly Kid Joe were great, but suffered from poor sound IMO. The crowd really liked them. Little did I know, UKJ are touring with an Israeli chick drummer. And she's smokin. Was very cool to find that out.

I was standing on the front line and moving a little back and front again throughout the show.

There was much speculation about Axl's vocal shape etc. Rest assured, he fucking nailed it. He did have little fuck ups, though, during SCOM and others. But all in all the guy fucking nailed it. I thought This I Love was going to be a disaster, because it's so high and I thought maybe Axl can't hold it. Axl punched me in the fucking face and hammered that shit home. Better and Shackler's were quite hard for him, but he got through them well, too, I think. Street of Dreams was his worst moment vocally and should be dropped from the set. Replace it with fucking TWAT for god's sake.

Many people in the crowd didn't knew a lot of the 'new' songs, so I spent many moments explaining etc. :lol: But people REALLY liked Sorry and TIL. And that's cool to see. Also CD opener kicked a lot of ass.

All the guys really did great. Richard's solo was a fucking hit. Ashba's Mi Amor thing also was very well received. And Ron playing the Israeli national anthem was a HUGE crowd pleaser, with the whole crowd singing the lyrics. One of the most moving moments of the show. Second one being Civil War, which obviously receives a very special meaning in Israel. The crowd sang the lyrics and Axl was very cool about it in general.

Richard was hysterical. He got A LOT of love from the crowd (at least where I was standing). Every time he got close the crowd cheered for him and he seemed very amused and even slightly shy. He was smiling and laughing a lot. Seems like a cool guy.

Ashba was dressed like a douche again :lol: but he kept his fuckups to a surprising minimum, although he did thrash Nightrain. But the crowd loved him and cheered his name a couple of times.

Something cool that happened to me. I was probably the only one in my are of the crowd who knew the new songs and the lyrics etc. While Axl was singing Shackler's I was singing the lyrics and rocking out on the front row. He noticed that and after finishing a sentence, pointed at me and nodded making a "That's it!" look. Haha, was awesome. DJ also noticed me several times singing new songs and made a couple of gestures towards me (nodding, pointing his guitar).

Paradise City was crazy. When the confetti hit, all the girls in the three front rows got pregnant. It was fucking bananas.

In conclusion - The show was fucking amazing. First, as a rock show - It was great. The guys are doing a great job putting out an awesome show, keeping the energy going. Axl is a fucking beast on stage. It's like he lives right there on that stage. As a rock show - This was truly something to learn from. Also, Axl sounded good and way better than I expected. Vocal highlights - YCBM, TIL, CD, Don't Cry, Estranged, Sorry.

My only disappointment was that there was no rant. There was a curfew to the show (which explains the short encore), so maybe they didn't want to waste time. But Axl barely spoke to the audience other than introducing the band, and just regular rock concert shit. Was waiting for him to say SOMETHING. It's fucking Israel, we are no short of discussion topics :lol:

Oh, and the humidity in TLV this time of year is over the roof. Axl was wearing a jacket and a hat the whole time and was sweating like a motherfucker. :lol:

Pics to follow.

In the meantime, UKJ's Israeli drummer:

tumblr_m6hz5kjQiC1qc4h4lo1_1280.jpg

Thought I would open a news thread since I have a lot to tell and a lot of pics, so I don't want it to be lost in the TLV thread.

OK, first thing's first - AMAZING rock show.

Any rock fan should go see these guys play. This was a fucking academy of rock shows. If anyone has doubts about seeing GnR live. Don't miss it. It's a very very good show. I was actually shocked at how good it was. I wasn't expecting a nice show. But this was fucking academic. Kudos to everyone involved.

I missed the first opener, Hayehudim, because I was stuck at work. But I've seen them like 5k times so meh. Ugly Kid Joe were great, but suffered from poor sound IMO. The crowd really liked them. Little did I know, UKJ are touring with an Israeli chick drummer. And she's smokin. Was very cool to find that out.

I was standing on the front line and moving a little back and front again throughout the show.

There was much speculation about Axl's vocal shape etc. Rest assured, he fucking nailed it. He did have little fuck ups, though, during SCOM and others. But all in all the guy fucking nailed it. I thought This I Love was going to be a disaster, because it's so high and I thought maybe Axl can't hold it. Axl punched me in the fucking face and hammered that shit home. Better and Shackler's were quite hard for him, but he got through them well, too, I think. Street of Dreams was his worst moment vocally and should be dropped from the set. Replace it with fucking TWAT for god's sake.

Many people in the crowd didn't knew a lot of the 'new' songs, so I spent many moments explaining etc. :lol: But people REALLY liked Sorry and TIL. And that's cool to see. Also CD opener kicked a lot of ass.

All the guys really did great. Richard's solo was a fucking hit. Ashba's Mi Amor thing also was very well received. And Ron playing the Israeli national anthem was a HUGE crowd pleaser, with the whole crowd singing the lyrics. One of the most moving moments of the show. Second one being Civil War, which obviously receives a very special meaning in Israel. The crowd sang the lyrics and Axl was very cool about it in general.

Richard was hysterical. He got A LOT of love from the crowd (at least where I was standing). Every time he got close the crowd cheered for him and he seemed very amused and even slightly shy. He was smiling and laughing a lot. Seems like a cool guy.

Ashba was dressed like a douche again :lol: but he kept his fuckups to a surprising minimum, although he did thrash Nightrain. But the crowd loved him and cheered his name a couple of times.

Something cool that happened to me. I was probably the only one in my are of the crowd who knew the new songs and the lyrics etc. While Axl was singing Shackler's I was singing the lyrics and rocking out on the front row. He noticed that and after finishing a sentence, pointed at me and nodded making a "That's it!" look. Haha, was awesome. DJ also noticed me several times singing new songs and made a couple of gestures towards me (nodding, pointing his guitar).

Paradise City was crazy. When the confetti hit, all the girls in the three front rows got pregnant. It was fucking bananas.

In conclusion - The show was fucking amazing. First, as a rock show - It was great. The guys are doing a great job putting out an awesome show, keeping the energy going. Axl is a fucking beast on stage. It's like he lives right there on that stage. As a rock show - This was truly something to learn from. Also, Axl sounded good and way better than I expected. Vocal highlights - YCBM, TIL, CD, Don't Cry, Estranged, Sorry.

My only disappointment was that there was no rant. There was a curfew to the show (which explains the short encore), so maybe they didn't want to waste time. But Axl barely spoke to the audience other than introducing the band, and just regular rock concert shit. Was waiting for him to say SOMETHING. It's fucking Israel, we are no short of discussion topics :lol:

Oh, and the humidity in TLV this time of year is over the roof. Axl was wearing a jacket and a hat the whole time and was sweating like a motherfucker. :lol:

Pics to follow.

i wrote the same review for robin, bucket, and brain shows for guns n roses 2001-2002 live concerts around the world and in america

Oh fuck, I have a lot more photos than I thought. I'll have to edit and sort them and that will only happen tomorrow. It's 2am here.

Sooo yeah... I'll keep you posted.

I've seen the clips. Last tour Axl's vocals were shit. This tour he started off very well, I think. But I still was blown away by how really good he got this time.

Another thing - Like an idiot I forgot my camera at home, because I rushed from work to walk the dog and straight to the show. So I had to photo with the fucking cell. Most pics are shit, but still worthwhile. Also made 4 videos of CD, Estranged, NR, Don't Cry. But the sound quality is terrible. If anybody still wants it, I'll upload them too.

not going to put a downer on your thread but a few days ago you gave a girl a hard time in the chat for her reaction to meeting Axl , and here we have a really excited and energetic review from you after you just seen a show. Just think about that one ;)

I'm glad you had a good time and glad you got to the front row. Any pics of Axl when he walked into the crowd?

Of course I was excited (like I said I would be). But I acted like a grown and sane human being. I was excited, and happy. But didn't lose my shit.

Anyway, this is not the topic for this. We can continue this discussion in another topic or the chat room. Let people post their reviews etc.

Oh, and Axl went into the crown in the exact fucking moment I put my phone down to enjoy the show. While I was getting it out he was a goner.

Edited by Projected

Cool review my friend. Glad you had fun, if there was one gig i wanted to do this summer, it was tel aviv, just work got in the way

you live in tel aviv? LOL

haha i wish mate,must get some sun then unlike shitty london,england

well. it cost me 2 much money 2 travel from america to tele aviv or london. but i can travel 2 boston or chicago

Cool review my friend. Glad you had fun, if there was one gig i wanted to do this summer, it was tel aviv, just work got in the way

you live in tel aviv? LOL

haha i wish mate,must get some sun then unlike shitty london,england

well. it cost me 2 much money 2 travel from america to tele aviv or london. but i can travel 2 boston or chicago

Only if they let you out of your institution.

OK, first thing's first - AMAZING rock show......

thumbsup.gif Great review and it's fantastic that you had a great time. Reading it, I just wish that I was there. Honestly, for some reason I always thought of you as an out and out hater and to see such a positive, honest review is heartwarming.

Can we not spam my thread please?

Thank you.

A bit off topic, but what makes your thread any more special than any other thread here?

Well, this is probably the only comprehensive review we'll get from this show, so it's pretty cool.

I'm not denying that at all. Every thread has an off topic post or two though, so I wouldn't expect this one to be any different.

Before I derail this thread any farther, I'll steer it back on topic and say congrats to the op. They do put on one hell of a show.