Will Axl eventually host a radio or podcast show?

dalsh327

He seems to continue listening to radio stations, never gets to hear songs he likes, and based on having fun as Tommy "Nightmare" Smith, seems like part of him always wanted to be a radio personality. You do see singers, musicians, etc hosting radio shows or podcasts, whether it's to share their music collection with the fans, have a syndicated show, or just like to bring friends in and interview them. I liked the Bob Dylan Theme Time, Steve Jones Jonesy's Jukebox, Nikki's Sixx Sense, and Dee Snider's House of Hair. David Lee Roth's 5 minutes on talk radio was kind of out there, but it was just something that never took off for most people.

An Axl radio or podcast show would prob. be pretty esoteric because he'd prob. play soundtrack music, but fascinating listening. It wouldn't have to be any more than an hour a week. I think Alec Baldwin's "Here's The Thing" is 20 minutes some weeks, it's just a straightforward interview, on a classical radio station.

But do any of you ever see a time or a place where he would want to do it?

Share his favorite songs with the fans, play a GNR song or two and talk about them on occasion? A place to share stories with the fans when he's not on the road? I know some people enjoy his storytelling, and can have anyone sit in with him to talk with.

There's shows I'd like to see him do, like sitting in with Joe Rogan because those two could get into some really, really weird conversations together, a little bit MMA, a little bit rock and roll, but that would be a good podcast.

He seems to continue listening to radio stations, never gets to hear songs he likes, and based on having fun as Tommy "Nightmare" Smith, seems like part of him always wanted to be a radio personality. You do see singers, musicians, etc hosting radio shows or podcasts, whether it's to share their music collection with the fans, have a syndicated show, or just like to bring friends in and interview them. I liked the Bob Dylan Theme Time, Steve Jones Jonesy's Jukebox, Nikki's Sixx Sense, and Dee Snider's House of Hair. David Lee Roth's 5 minutes on talk radio was kind of out there, but it was just something that never took off for most people.

An Axl radio or podcast show would prob. be pretty esoteric because he'd prob. play soundtrack music, but fascinating listening. It wouldn't have to be any more than an hour a week. I think Alec Baldwin's "Here's The Thing" is 20 minutes some weeks, it's just a straightforward interview, on a classical radio station.

But do any of you ever see a time or a place where he would want to do it?

Share his favorite songs with the fans, play a GNR song or two and talk about them on occasion? A place to share stories with the fans when he's not on the road? I know some people enjoy his storytelling, and can have anyone sit in with him to talk with.

i'd say the axl podcast thing is a no go

Guest Gunns

Tommy Nightmare Smith in GTA was awesome, an so was Axl on E Trunk, I hope he does another radio interview o something similiar again soon

Tommy Nightmare Smith in GTA was awesome, an so was Axl on E Trunk, I hope he does another radio interview o something similiar again soon

will there be another radio interview or something similar again soon? let me know. i'll make sure 2 re-arrange my summer schedule around it

I could see Slash hosting a radio show someday. He would play classic rock songs that we've all heard 1 million times and all the other radio stations play constantly.

I can't see Axl committing to something like this.

Didn't Eddie Trunk say Axl was in the studio with him for 3 hours straight?

I just think a podcast would be good because it would be on whenever he felt like doing it. It wouldn't have to be a weekly thing, or it would be one of those "limited engagement" things on satellite radio. Some of them pretape it, some of them do it live. Bob Dylan managed to do 100-plus shows and got a sizable check for it. Can't rule anything out, he hosted the Queen documentary years ago & the video game, for all we know he might have done voiceover work for commercials and we'd never know. He'd be awesome doing voices for an animated show or film.

Lots of women would listen because Axl's talking voice is sexy.

This thread makes me miss Bruce Dickinson's radio show. :( I heard so much new music through that show.

Bruce's radio show was A-1. I used to listen to it online. The man has great taste. He once played an entire set of Bon Scott era AC/DC on the great man's death anniversary.

As for Axl, if he ever settled down and had kids, I'd like to see something on the lines of Ozzy's reality show. It would be killer.

Edited by The Archer

This thread makes me miss Bruce Dickinson's radio show. :( I heard so much new music through that show.

Agreed!

The man is such a multi-talented bugger.

Indeed. He's quite a personality. I know more than I should about airplanes because of him.

Lots of women would listen because Axl's talking voice is sexy.

I used to listen to it online.

Me, too. I remember I submitted a lengthy letter to him and he read it on the air. I started crying. :lol: I use him saying my name as my ringtone. :wub:

But that letter was so embarrassing. I sounded like I was kissing his ass even though I meant it all.