Dizzy at HOF

curmudgeonrose

What did Billy Joe mean by what he said about Dizzy during the induction speech? He just said: "Keep up the good job" and gave him a thumbs up. Was he mocking Dizzy or what? No one laughed or clapped when he mentioned Dizzy. What's up with that?

Edited by curmudgeonrose

What did Billy Joe mean by what he said about Dizzy during the induction speech? He just said: "Keep up the good job" and gave him a thumbs up. Was he mocking Dizzy or what? No one laughed pr clapped when he mentioned Dizzy. What's up with that?

Deserved mocking

:D

What did Billy Joe mean by what he said about Dizzy during the induction speech? He just said: "Keep up the good job" and gave him a thumbs up. Was he mocking Dizzy or what? No one laughed or clapped when he mentioned Dizzy. What's up with that?

Billy Joe's just jealous Dizzy knows more than I-IV-V chord progressions and stock punk-lite guitar riffs.

What has he contributed to Gn'R anyway? I mean has he composed anything, even his solo spots are songs from othe people Ö_ö Silkworms? :D

He wrote all his keyboard and organ and piano parts on the UYIs but wasn't credited, in the same way Slash wrote the guitar melodies on Estranged but wasn't given credit.

He co-wrote Street of Dreams, There Was A Time and IRS.

While he didn't write anything for Illusions, he played several different instruments and sang.

Piano has been a major component of GNR's music for over twenty years and I don't understand why the band's original piano player is shit on so much, especially when he does a really good job.

If you don't like piano, maybe GNR isn't the band for you.

you were a piano prodigy at 5 years old right?

What has he contributed to Gn'R anyway? I mean has he composed anything, even his solo spots are songs from othe people Ö_ö Silkworms? :D

He has credits on CD.

The HOF had NOTHING to do with CD. Also most generic music fans don't really regard CD as "GNR". In the real world outside those forums GNR is Sweet Child, Paradise City, Welcome to the jungle, Don't Cry etc. So there is your answer.

Edited by izzydoezit

izzydoezit -

dizzy was inducted for his numerous contributions to use your illusion I and use your illusion II.

albums which featured dizzy playing several different instruments as well as contributing vocals.

Indeed Dizzy contributed to GNR and was HOF-worthy IMO, but it has nothing to do with CD songs.

It was a shot and it was good humor. He didn't contribute anything of significance to CD...noone really did. CD is 99.9% Axl's doing. I' never have been a Green Day/Billy Joe fan, but that little "good job" cracked me up. He basically said what everyone was thinking....which was "good job feller" to Dizzy. LOL

At the absolute worst I think he was just displaying a little of the ribbing/mocking bands have given their keyboardists since forever. Frankly- I really think he probably just didn't have much to say about a keyboardist that: (1) didn't play on AFD; and (2) wasn't in attendance- and was just trying to be brief and polite. Nothing to get all up-and-arms about IMHO- and I'm a big Dizzy guy. What ultimately matters (if anything matters from that night) was that Dizzy was recognized by the committee for his contributions (mostly UYI) to GN'R and that he was inducted. Period. End of story IMHO...

He has credits on CD.

The HOF had NOTHING to do with CD. Also most generic music fans don't really regard CD as "GNR". In the real world outside those forums GNR is Sweet Child, Paradise City, Welcome to the jungle, Don't Cry etc. So there is your answer.

The HOF has no bearing on what the mainstream like... Journey, REO Speedwagon, Styx, Boston, Meat Loaf, and Ted Nugent have never been in the running.

It was a shot at him, probably for not showing up. Then again, he praised Axl and Izzy, but took shots at Axl at the same time by calling him crazy.

Billy Joe likely had no clue dizzy was ever in the band.

It was a shot at him, probably for not showing up. Then again, he praised Axl and Izzy, but took shots at Axl at the same time by calling him crazy.

Billy Joe likely had no clue dizzy was ever in the band.

billy joe was trying to get a RISE out of dizzy

Edited by finck6

He co-wrote Street of Dreams, There Was A Time and IRS.

While he didn't write anything for Illusions, he played several different instruments and sang.

Piano has been a major component of GNR's music for over twenty years and I don't understand why the band's original piano player is shit on so much, especially when he does a really good job.

If you don't like piano, maybe GNR isn't the band for you.

this