Jimmy Crespo & Rick Dufay

The Real McCoy

Saw them at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto '77..amazing!

Saw them again at a festival in Toronto '79..messed up but still cool as fuck! I had no major beefs with it,but then again,I'd been there since noon,so,judgement may have been impaired. :tongue2:

I have audio bootlegs of both shows.

Ted Nugent was on the bill as well at the '79 festival,almost stole the show.

Nazareth,Johhny Winter and a few others also on the bill.

The guy that hands down walked away owning that gig was Johnny..even the cops diverted their attention to the stage and watched him,blistering set!

But yeah,Aerosmith.. didn't see them again until '94...didn't have that Toxic Twin era vibe. :shrugs:

Toronto '79...with Joe or Jimmy?

Joe

Saw them at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto '77..amazing!

Saw them again at a festival in Toronto '79..messed up but still cool as fuck! I had no major beefs with it,but then again,I'd been there since noon,so,judgement may have been impaired. :tongue2:

I have audio bootlegs of both shows.

Ted Nugent was on the bill as well at the '79 festival,almost stole the show.

Nazareth,Johhny Winter and a few others also on the bill.

The guy that hands down walked away owning that gig was Johnny..even the cops diverted their attention to the stage and watched him,blistering set!

But yeah,Aerosmith.. didn't see them again until '94...didn't have that Toxic Twin era vibe. :shrugs:

Toronto '79...with Joe or Jimmy?

Joe

Must have been right before the infamous "spilled milk" show in Cleveland, then.

Before he got political Uncle Ted was amazing in the 70's...

Yeah for sure...I was really in to it up to and including Double Live Gonzo.After that,not so much.

The Tarzan rope,loin cloth phase was a bit facepalm..lol.

But that '79 show was killer,Ted was a monster live...an all out assault on the ear drums...physical pain.

Didn't see Ted again until the "guitar army" tour...yeah like Ted needed three other guitarists. :lol:

I know a guy whose band did some shows opening for the Amboy Dukes.He said Ted was insane.Told a story about Ted running in to the middle of a busy four lane highway and taking a dump right in the middle.

and Johnny Winter is one of the most underrated guitarists in rock history IMHO.....

Abso-fucking-lutely.

Johnny is fucking brilliant.

Honest to god...at this show,he had everyone's attention...everyone.

The drunks,the stoners,the cops,the ambulance attendants,the guys with drink trays...everyone.

He was that good.

Just astounding.

Every rock fan needs a copy of Johnny Winter And live...what a kick ass band

Indeed!

I am a hardcore Aerosmith fan but it was disappointing to see them go down hill from 75 to 79.....

Agreed.

I don't know,but the '77 Toronto show was pretty fucking amazing.

I find it hard to flaw that one.

Maybe it was an "on" night or something but holy fucking shit...it smoked!

Before he got political Uncle Ted was amazing in the 70's...

Yeah for sure...I was really in to it up to and including Double Live Gonzo.After that,not so much.

The Tarzan rope,loin cloth phase was a bit facepalm..lol.

But that '79 show was killer,Ted was a monster live...an all out assault on the ear drums...physical pain.

Didn't see Ted again until the "guitar army" tour...yeah like Ted needed three other guitarists. :lol:

I know a guy whose band did some shows opening for the Amboy Dukes.He said Ted was insane.Told a story about Ted running in to the middle of a busy four lane highway and taking a dump right in the middle.

and Johnny Winter is one of the most underrated guitarists in rock history IMHO.....

Abso-fucking-lutely.

Johnny is fucking brilliant.

Honest to god...at this show,he had everyone's attention...everyone.

The drunks,the stoners,the cops,the ambulance attendants,the guys with drink trays...everyone.

He was that good.

Just astounding.

Every rock fan needs a copy of Johnny Winter And live...what a kick ass band

Indeed!

I am a hardcore Aerosmith fan but it was disappointing to see them go down hill from 75 to 79.....

Agreed.

I don't know,but the '77 Toronto show was pretty fucking amazing.

I find it hard to flaw that one.

Maybe it was an "on" night or something but holy fucking shit...it smoked!

I guess I am comparing the shows I saw from 75-78 but even under the influence they were kick ass most nights......I am really looking forward to seeing them this Tuesday.....

rock3 rock3 rock3

night in the ruts is also underrated

One of my prized possessions is a RIAHP vinyl signed by Rick Dufay. He also wrote me a personalized note which I've also frames for safe keeping.

damn that is sweet, my dad has a brad whitford autographed 20 dollar bill lol my dad was going into a store to buy a pack of cigarettes and brad whitford came into the store my dad asked if he would sign the 20 and brad did, my dad said he was really a cool guy said he was on his way to steven tylers sunapee house to have a spaghetti dinner :lol:

• 2 weeks later...