Did your life turn out as you planned it?

WillieC

That's a big resounding No, here, and I think pretty much nobody's life turns out as they planned it. The unpredictable happens. It happened to me. Now I'm in a completely different direction than I ever, I mean EVER would have guessed in a million years for myself, and things are much better than I thought they would be in the vast majority of respects.

No. and thank god it didn't go the way I wanted it.

I was going to school for Video and Film and lets be honest, there is no calling for that honestly.

In the 6 years I've been all over the plant where a lot of people I went to highschool with more then likly hasn't left the state of Michigan .

Not exactly as it has been a wild ride with some strange twists and turns but I finally got to where I want to be.....so in the end I would say yes...

To those of you who are not where you want to be in life it is never too late to change your lifes course if your willing to work hard and make sacrifices to get what you want........

Well, I decided when I was 16 turning 17 that I wanted to be a journalist. I worked my way up voluntarily for my local paper, and it's around a year later and I started working full time with that paper just last week.

I hadn't planned on a job opportunity becoming available with the paper - and was set to do a year's journalism course in the city - but I was always adamant that if one did come up I'd be first in line with an application. And I did apply and was offered the job.

In essence, I think that my life has turned out slightly better than I'd planned it.

Then again, I'm only 18. Plenty left to fail and succeed in.

Not at all, I had a total different view about how my life was going to be later in life, when I was young.

The career thing totally didn't happened for various reasons, had to let that one go. Had many obstacles and when possible fought my way out.

Just had to make a new plan for my life, no shame in that. That plan did happen by the way :thumbsup:

No. But I'm working on fixing it.

Yeah , same here . i do need to do a big effort to get back to my path.

I guess your life doesnt really works out as you plan it anyway , you just have to work with what it shows up in your way so...

Edited by love&hates

I'm at university studying towards where I want to be right now, and things seem to be progressing fine. I've got some useful things coming up and know someone who could potentially hook me up with some very handy experience. Whether I ultimately end up at the top of where I'd like to be I'm not sure, but I'm determined to fall into the line of work I want to somehow. Whether that's bottom of the ladder or climbing rung-by-rung to the peak is another matter.

There are things that happened in the last few years that looking back weren't the best for me and should have ended sooner, and others that I'd have liked to have taken more time over etc, but I'm young, nothing majorly terrible has happened in my life, and as far as I'm aware I'm in good health. Life is swell right now, and I'm pretty confident it's only up from here.

Some stuff worked out better than I could have ever imagine. Some stuff never, a few friends killed and injured, uncle dying, getting bummed out on promotion all that was a kick in the cunt, but i landed myself a great girlfriend. I'm either extremely happy or sad. Current mood is happy and has been for a while. 2010 was a shit year.

Edited by Axl_morris

I guess your life doesnt really works out as you plan it anyway , you just have to work with what it shows up in your way so...

Very good point. It's hard to plan things when there are so many other factors that you have no control over. Things just happen sometimes, and you may need to alter those plans. Then, try and make the best of it and hopefully get back on track.

My life is nothing like I had planned, but that's not a bad thing. There's no guarantee I would have been happier had things worked out how I thought they should...

I'm only 18 so it's probably too early to judge. Always just wanted to get a decent job and live comfortably. Never had very big hopes and dreams lol.

I'll be starting college in the fall and I'm going to be majoring in electrical engineering so I'm on the right track hopefully.

Guest Len B'stard

I wanted to be Sid Vicious when i was a little boy...i'm 29 years old and i work in an estate agents so you tell me, did it turn out like i wanted? :lol:

Life can't be planned because fortune plays a big part on it. We can have expectations and dreams and try to reach them but most times all we can do is to adapt to circumstances as best as possible.

Anyway, I'm working on it!