WORKOUT PLAYLIST THREAD

Estranged Reality

Appetite

Master of Puppets

Ride the Lightning

Vulgar Display of Power

All you need to keep you angry and pumped. Although I really fuck myself on the treadmill miming my songs or playing air guitar or air drumming whilst I'm running lol.

EDIT: Add Dirt by AIC, Meantime by Helmet, Licensed to Ill, Raising Hell, The Real Thing by FNM, The MMLP, Core by STP, Badmotorfinger, The Great Southern Trendkill.

Edited by Johnny Drama

Just looked through my old one, and it is absolutely appalling.

I'd probably keep things like:

Fort Minor – “Remember the Name”

Kanye - Amazing

Eminem feat. Nate Dogg - Till I Collapse

Rammstein - Ich Will / Feuer Frei / Mann gegen Mann

Linkin Park - Faint

Iron Maiden - Different World

Metallica - I Disappear

Alter Bridge - Isolation / Metalingus

VR - Just Sixteen

Seether - Fine Again

Eye of the Tiger :lol:

I think it's weird how, for some people, music is essential to a workout.

i've read articles on how music is linked to better workouts. it's down to a science in the sense that they actually studied what BPM is most effective (i think it was around 160BPM produced best results in workouts).

i really can't do shit without music. it helps keep me focused and 'detached' from everything around me. i went to the gym once without my headphones and hearing the shitty pop music on the radio, hearing all the people around me grunting and heaving and moaning, it really took me out of my element.

i've read articles on how music is linked to better workouts. it's down to a science in the sense that they actually studied what BPM is most effective (i think it was around 160BPM produced best results in workouts).

i really can't do shit without music. it helps keep me focused and 'detached' from everything around me. i went to the gym once without my headphones and hearing the shitty pop music on the radio, hearing all the people around me grunting and heaving and moaning, it really took me out of my element.

Exactly. Especially when a song gets to like a proper heavy or fast part and like say you were dying before, when that part kicks on you wanna go twice as hard as you possibly ever could.

Guest Len B'stard

Yeah, thats what i meant. I mean, i know people who literally will forgo a workout cuz they ain't got music, what the fucks all that about? If you're gonna do something, you're gonna do it. And, i dunno, to me, there's just something a little patronising about the fact gyms are always blaring with music that some cunt thinks is conducive to exercise...why though? I mean i do understand the concept, don't get wrong, i just don't see why it's ESSENTIAL to certain folks.

I remember hearing Clint Eastwood say once that he like, never went to gyms cuz he can't stand the music there and when he does train he works out to like, sort of slow jazz stuff, i find that really cool.

Also, i think i've always equated working out to like, toughening up and part of that i think is like, a mental thing y'know, about self reliance if you like and, for me personally, the essentialness of music in that regard is kinda contrary to that concept. Y'know, i NEED music or else i can't bench, just fuckin get on with it, you cunt :lol: (not you personally, the universal you :lol:)

It's almost patronising, i'd like to think that i'm not that simple a creature...i like to think being the operative phrase :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

Hahaha! I was just going to say the Rocky sound track but funnily enough not Eye of the Tiger. Much more of a "Heart's on Fire and "No Easy Way Out" kinda fella myself. That said I did once run up the steps in Philly so I'm biased! :lol: Think I might have cum at that point! :lol:

I just joined a shitty gym today so I'm not looking like a fat sack of lard for m' jollies in a couple of months then I realised my iPod's oop north and I can't get it for a few weeks! :(

It's almost patronising, i'd like to think that i'm not that simple a creature...i like to think being the operative phrase :lol:

No, you're only three fifths of one according to Chloe! :lol:

Edited by Dazey

Here We Go

AC/DC - If you want Blood

Airbourne - Runnin' Wild

Alter Bridge - Metalingus

Black Label Society - Stillborn

Faith No More - From Out of Nowhere

Godsmack - Cryin' Like a Bitch

Megadeth - 44minutes

Motley Crue - Kickstart My Heart

Pearl Jam - Once

Saliva - Hunt You Down

Taking Dawn - This Is Madness

Van Halen - You Really Got Me

Vains of Jenna - No One's Gonna Do It For You

White Zombie - Thunder Kiss '65

Foxy Shazam - Unstoppable

Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out

Die Mannequin - Start It Up

Down - On March the Saints

Motorhead - The Game

Nine Inch Nails - Deep

Nine Inch Nails - We're In this Toghether

Trent Reznor & Karen'O - Immigrant Song

Europe - Last Look at Eden

Shinedown - Adrenaline

Alice in Chains - Again

I have over 100 songs in my playlist. Here are two of my favourites. Great for some heavy deadlifts or squats - if I'm in the right mood and listen to these right before or during the set, I feel like superman. Especially the first one. That song makes me want to climb Everest and conquer shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA_suck5MTg

Edited by Lithium

Nothing can possibly get you more pumped than Mouth For War.

Pac disagrees. There's nothing like listening to this on the bus on your way to the gym for leg day while the rain is pouring down. I've only pushed myself to the point of throwing up like twice in the gym, and both of the times I listened to this beforehand, like a baws.

Nothing can possibly get you more pumped than Mouth For War.

Pac disagrees. There's nothing like listening to this on the bus on your way to the gym for leg day while the rain is pouring down. I've only pushed myself to the point of throwing up like twice in the gym, and both of the times I listened to this beforehand, like a baws.

Yeah but I go on pure underrated anger and hate. Hit Em Up ftw.

• 3 months later...