Why don't we consider alcohol a drug in the USA?

arnold layne

Which leads to: If they can't remember details which are THIS important to the history of GN'R, can their detailed accounts of other events be relied upon when it comes to other things which happened around the same time or even earlier, especially given how messed up they were with drugs and alcohol throughout the band's history?

Not to only pick on Miser here, but it's such bullshit and I hear it everywhere in this country!

'Don't use machinery under the influence of drugs and alcohol.' etc.

Why do we separate alcohol from drugs just because it's legal? We have some fucked up viewpoints on drugs in this country. The fact that we separate alcohol from 'drug' classification because it's legal disgusts me. It's one of the worst drugs for you. Instead of beating around the bush, we should just say 'drugs'. <_<

I get the argument about legalising drugs from a societal point of view, as in just legalise it, tax it and bang up the fuckers who go mental on it. Problem is that most of the people shouting for it couldn't give a fuck about that, they just wanna get baked! :lol: To be fair that's no bad thing but it always makes me laugh, over here at least when you hear people trumpetting the cause for medical weed and you ask what's wrong with em and they're like "errrr, I just wanna get fucked up." Yeah, get a better spokesperson next time fellas! :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

stand up for weed by all means, it's a beautiful thing, in fact i just had a spliff an hour ago...just leave alcohol alone, alcohol is fine where it is too, it's not a drug, it's...lubricant. Cures all ailments y'know. I used to drink fairly daily for a handful of years not so long back and i tell you what, when you have a break you fall foul to all manner of ailments like flu's and coughs and you feel horrible, honest. It's like medicinal and that, like when you collapse or pass out they give you a brandy, it's part of human history is booze, they been drinking it since back in fuckin...well i don't know when but fuckin ages ago :lol: It's in the Bible and all sorts, don't make it out to be a bad thing :lol:

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

From a slightly different angle... I hate when people who drink lots complain about drug users completely ignoring that alcohol is a drug too. Pot kettle black.

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel

From a slightly different angle... I hate when people who drink lots complain about drug users completely ignoring that alcohol is a drug too. Pot kettle black.

Not to mention nicotine, sugar, salt, television...they are all extremely addicitive

Not to mention nicotine, sugar, salt, television...they are all extremely addicitive

lol, how can you say salt and television but not mention caffeine?

stand up for weed by all means, it's a beautiful thing, in fact i just had a spliff an hour ago...just leave alcohol alone, alcohol is fine where it is too, it's not a drug, it's...lubricant. Cures all ailments y'know. I used to drink fairly daily for a handful of years not so long back and i tell you what, when you have a break you fall foul to all manner of ailments like flu's and coughs and you feel horrible, honest. It's like medicinal and that, like when you collapse or pass out they give you a brandy, it's part of human history is booze, they been drinking it since back in fuckin...well i don't know when but fuckin ages ago :lol: It's in the Bible and all sorts, don't make it out to be a bad thing :lol:

From wikipedia:

Cultivation of opium poppies for food, anaesthesia, and ritual purposes dates back to at least the Neolithic Age (new stone age).
The Neolithic Age, Era, or Period, νέος (nèos, "new") and λίθος (lithos, "stone"): or New Stone era, was a period in the development of human technology, beginning about 10,200 cal. BCE according to the ASPRO chronology in some parts of the Middle East, and later in other parts of the world.

lol, how can you say salt and television but not mention caffeine?

Good point, forgot that one!