Official GNR website

Tabitha27

Okay I will probably get flamed for this but here goes.

I see a lot of people bitched about the offical GNR website when it came out.

I never signed up for it and won't.

I was looking at Bret Michael's website and he has everything on there from launching his own pet line merchandise through PetSmart to an app for Iphone and Android.

Would you rather GNR follow this way of doing their official website or is there another official band's website that is excellent and you wish GNR would do something like theirs?

Or do you like GNR's the way it is?

Here is the link to Bret's

http://www.bretmichaels.com/default.shtml

Edited by Tabitha27

maybe but I do like the stories he puts up such as the one he has meeting a brain cancer survivor. And he seems to do a lot with Diabetes. I am pretty sure Axl donates money to abused children organizations. Axl just does it privately.

Edited by Tabitha27

maybe but I do like the stories he puts up such as the one he has meeting a brain cancer survivor. And he seems to do a lot with Diabetes. I am pretty sure Axl donates money to abused children organizations. Axl just does it privately.

True and im sure he's not the only celebrity that does things like that privately.

I think Bret has been through a lot in his life and is a great person. He does a lot for the less fortunate.

True and im sure he's not the only celebrity that does things like that privately.

I think Bret has been through a lot in his life and is a great person. He does a lot for the less fortunate.

I just read too that Bret may be on All Star Celebrity Apprentice this fall. I liked him on there. He seems like a good guy.

I was looking at Bret Michael's website and he has everything on there from launching his own pet line merchandise through PetSmart to an app for Iphone and Android.

Would you rather GNR follow this way of doing their official website or is there another official band's website that is excellent and you wish GNR would do something like theirs?

http://www.bretmicha...m/default.shtml

I detest Bretty and always will,from his cornball 'Rock of Love' to his glued-on Bandanna and goofy cowboy hat.

This isn't a new development,he has always been a Royal shit of a CNUT.

take that crap elsewhere Tabitha.

We shall not speak of rock of love lol

In my mind it never existed

I dont care about pet merchandise or apps. What I'd like is more exclusive digital stuff cause all we have now is pictures. It wouldn't hurt if the site was more active either.

Yes, having it be more active would be nice. More band/fan interaction would be welcomed.

Edited by Tabitha27

NO!

Not because of the content, but how it is wrapped. That site was just horrible design all over. It was like a web time machine back to the 90s.

Content is king, there is no denying that. GNR site is lacking there, but if you go online and want to see GNR official website, and it looked like that, it wouldn't do the band any favors.

What GNR needs to do online is to delive the promises that are made.

- Online concerts

- Better video etc

- Chat with members of the bands

- Behind the scenes stuff

They are doing some of this on facebook, but very little. They need to hire a community manager who follows the bands and writes stories. Makes small videos from behind the scenes etc.

• Like 1

I bet Bret is a Class A dude, but his website is horrid. The new GN'R site looks perfect, but I wish they would announce something already. Getting really sick of the chinese theme in GN'R promotion.

never in a million years would i have imagined that bret michaels would have escaped the 80's with more legitimacy than axl rose. :(

Are you seriously mental? they make meds to treat delusionary thinking ;)

it would be nice if official gnr website streams live shows from 2001, 2002, and 2006

plays a new song like BITW you could listen 2 in a loop

announces the official 2012 release date of chinese democracy 2

if would be nice if official gnr website does this 4 fans

Bret Michael's website looks like it was made with freewebs.com. Also I could go my whole life without seeing another skull next to a gn'r logo. GN'R's merch is so cheesey you'd think it was a launch of a new Kraft product.

Guest Gunns

I won't be renewing my nightrain subscription.

Not only did Wade jump ship, he caught the first nightrain out of town! Pun intended.

It's almost a ghost town at the forum now if no interaction by 2013 it could be just me and 10 other members posting. I haven't seen a moderator for over a month and people are still asking who won the competition from months ago.

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

you know they could really kickstart that place if they got some band members posting and some exclusive content. or another idea make the forum free to increase the activity?

Some are very unhappy with the Ground Ctrl Moderators going AWOL and about the contest not being awarded. They need to turn the negatives around before opening up the forum

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

Wait a minute......people are always listing the "active website" as a positive thing in terms of what Axl is doing I'm 2012.....in the "this is an exciting time to be a fan" comments, the website is always a top highlight!!! Are they talking about a different website?

Wait a minute......people are always listing the "active website" as a positive thing in terms of what Axl is doing I'm 2012.....in the "this is an exciting time to be a fan" comments, the website is always a top highlight!!! Are they talking about a different website?

When I list the website as a positive I do it because it showcases the band to people on the Internet by presenting the band members, discography, music videos, tour info, et cetera, everything a band web site should do. I am not talking about the forum part of the web site.

Bands should be active in their official sites and posting on social media at least twice a month. Overall, they're doing okay in keeping fans up to date, but a subscription website should be giving members a lot more exclusive stuff, otherwise people bail on it pretty fast.