Unreleased music - and a lot of it

Apollo

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT ARE THE REALISTIC REASONS that Axl isn't releasing more music?

Universal has refused to promote and/or support any new GNR material that doesn't feature Slash and Duff, "at a minimum".

Seriously? That's unfortunate.

I was wondering where this music is too. I always thought it odd how Axl had commented before CD came out that he was working on songs for a 2nd and 3rd album before CD was even finished. Surely plenty of time has gone by for those songs to be fine tuned by now, even to Axl's standards. I don't think it's unreasonable for us to wonder after four years when the next album is coming out, especially since they've been playing the songs of CD for so long.

You hit the nail in the head.

If a band just said we love to tour, and we only are going to put out one album every 5-6 years, that would be one thing.

But Axl himself has talked about multiple albums from the CD sessions. How can you do a double album or trilogy if you space the album releases 6 years apart?

How do songs stay fresh if they are 10 years old?

I can't imagine being a band member and working on a song, only to be told it will be released in 15 years.

My only dissatisfaction with Axl is that he doesn't like to release music.

WHAT ARE THE REALISTIC REASONS that Axl isn't releasing more music?

Universal has refused to promote and/or support any new GNR material that doesn't feature Slash and Duff, "at a minimum".

Seriously? That's unfortunate.

I was wondering where this music is too. I always thought it odd how Axl had commented before CD came out that he was working on songs for a 2nd and 3rd album before CD was even finished. Surely plenty of time has gone by for those songs to be fine tuned by now, even to Axl's standards. I don't think it's unreasonable for us to wonder after four years when the next album is coming out, especially since they've been playing the songs of CD for so long.

You hit the nail in the head.

If a band just said we love to tour, and we only are going to put out one album every 5-6 years, that would be one thing.

But Axl himself has talked about multiple albums from the CD sessions. How can you do a double album or trilogy if you space the album releases 6 years apart?

How do songs stay fresh if they are 10 years old?

I can't imagine being a band member and working on a song, only to be told it will be released in 15 years.

My only dissatisfaction with Axl is that he doesn't like to release music.

this

I think Operation Mindcrime came out 10 years after the first? So it's not impossible. I just think they are very close to a finished record. Fortus saying finishing up the record plus all the other things, not least Axl talking of it as a double, that is finished depending on how you look at it. It's close...see you next century!!!

I think Operation Mindcrime came out 10 years after the first? So it's not impossible. I just think they are very close to a finished record. Fortus saying finishing up the record plus all the other things, not least Axl talking of it as a double, that is finished depending on how you look at it. It's close...see you next century!!!

axl didn't say guns n roses is finishing up the record or all the other things

Axl told fan at the Tel Aviv Nightclub that followup to CD will be out at Christmas...... Have to what and see if it happens. It would make a great Christmas present

Maybe he was kidding, but it's possible he was just sitting on the follow up for a while. Maybe he feels the band's doing the songs on autopilot or getting bored with it himself. They wanted to use this year to play places like Tel Aviv and India and the UCAP shows, now that the year's half over and most of the time's been on the road, the band's prob. more than ready to go right in the studio. Bumblefoot had said part of the problem is getting them together before a tour to work on new stuff because they live all over the country, but if they're doing it right after the tour? Prob. will have it finished this summer, esp. if Axl already knows what songs he wants the band to (re)work.

If Axl has enough material for 2 CDs, he'd be better off staggering them apart by just under a year. See how the first one does, let people become familiar with it. They could still do the other songs live, but just delay the release of it so people can digest the new one for a while.

Edited by dalsh327

Axl said he saw it as a double. To Del he said the material was finished but it depended how you look at it. But then Tommy said they might re-record it.

Axl said he saw it as a double. To Del he said the material was finished but it depended how you look at it. But then Tommy said they might re-record it.

axl said double. but axl didn't say anything about finishing up any recording in 2012

They aren't releasing it because Robin Finck is on it.

axl isn't releasing cd2 in 2012 because dj ashba and ron thal don't want robin finck and buckethead on it

They're okay with Bucket.

they're okay with dj and ron

Records don't make all that much these days, it's touring and merch. Folks will consistently go see Axl (casuals too as long as 5 classics are played) so why not hit them with new material and expose the music live and sell it without the executives, it's not like CD didn't do well considering the farcical release and awful promotion. It's axl, we know it's going to be interesting, the greater public recognize that too. Is the problem that the label is holding the key until he reforms an anachronism?

Records don't make all that much these days, it's touring and merch. Folks will consistently go see Axl (casuals too as long as 5 classics are played) so why not hit them with new material and expose the music live and sell it without the executives, it's not like CD didn't do well considering the farcical release and awful promotion. It's axl, we know it's going to be interesting, the greater public recognize that too. Is the problem that the label is holding the key until he reforms an anachronism?

for the record. axl plays more than 5 classics. in fact, the classics still dominate new songs axl plays live

Yes, I think people would still go and return if they only played Jungle, SCOM, PC, Estranged and November Rain around CD material and new material but I think maybe 7-8 from App/UYI - Nightrain, Civil War, RQ, KOHD and LaLD would balance the show better with the other half being 'modern' stuff, if he really wanted to evolve GNR that should have been the plan to steadily alter the set.

Yes, I think people would still go and return if they only played Jungle, SCOM, PC, Estranged and November Rain around CD material and new material but I think maybe 7-8 from App/UYI - Nightrain, Civil War, RQ, KOHD and LaLD would balance the show better with the other half being 'modern' stuff, if he really wanted to evolve GNR that should have been the plan to steadily alter the set.

axl already plays these songs live. axl has played these songs many times live with slash, duff, izzy, steven, gilby, and matt sorum

Why don't you think that is his plan? If he replaces 6-7 old songs for new songs each time the band releases a new record, half the show will consist of new songs after the next record and the majority will be new songs after the one after that.

axl is and always has been afraid of the public. he's very insecure and acts like a child when the concert doesn't work like he wanted to.

he will not take the risk of playing newer material and maybe getting boo'ed for it. he will please the crowd so he will end the day thinking he kicked ass, even knowing that there are 7 other guys onstage who would love to show the world they are great composers as well.

Total guess but going off previous band member comments (it took Axl a VERY long time to do vocals, working on instrumental 34) I'd guess less than half, maybe even one third or less, of those "songs" have vocals. Even less have complete vocals. For some reason Axl doesn't participate with the band in creating music. He brings in some songs and the band works on them, bust mostly the band is left to create without him. He just doesn't get the recording process and how to be in a band ever since he had the power to not need to "get" it. It's my opinion he will never touch up these remaining songs because he doesn't want to or he feels something is preventing him. Of course, NOTHING is preventing him from getting in the studio and finishing them. Definitely sucks from a fan perspective...

Also the argument of "they just released one four years ago" doesn't carry weight. Before CD these same people would be saying "this lengthy recording process is justified because we will get multiple albums and have a lot of songs from it". I actually remember people saying that he could just tour for years and years after he was done recording and just release a pre-recorded album every couple years. That was the trade off the fans felt. Now that only 14 songs came of it people are left feeling empty. Maybe that's hard to understand for people who came in late in the game.

All the unreleased songs n the world don't matter when they are never released. Axl had tgese sings years ago , so why are the chances if new music.? Well, think about all the delays w CD. What is the orobabity of a mental case, admitted by Axl, in scraped , and by his ok chap, Marc canter. If u think Axl doesn't have some kind of chemical embalace.... U, mi friend, are delusional as msl, and TWH don't play that shit.

Oh yea we can also have abattle o the bands, with money placed on the person who they think will win.