Sneakers

Vincent Vega

What sort of sneakers do you guys like?

Personally I've come to like only Vans Authentics or Converse Chuck Taylor Sneakers....Big Nike sneakers are good for special occasions, like weddings, but they otherwise seem gaudy, too big. But I do wear them from time to time and occasionally I wear moccasin style sneakers.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

I like converse and plain vans. I used to go a bit wild with "runners' as we call them here. I'm too old now :(

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Grrr, Honks, I wanted to make the wedding comment damnit! :lol:

What was the name of the guy who is "famous" for the wedding sneakers? Metatron? What was his original user name?

Jack_The_Ripper.

I've got these:

51MDWifanPL.jpg

I dunno. Vans and Converse and shoes like these seem to be about looks only. If I'm buying a pair of sneakers then I want something that I can do more in other than just walk around the mall. People will say that athletic shoes don't look as good with jeans, but I say if you get ones in brown like the above they look great.

I love Converse. They have a nice low profile and they're not bulky, kinda like you're hardly wearing a shoe. Nothing I'd work in, but if I'm going anywhere I can beat a pair of 'em. Otherwise I just wear cheapo Walmart shoes that I can beat up and generally not care about.

I don't wear sneakers anymore. I only wear my boots - the same kind that Hank Moody wears in Californication.

i've been wanting a pair like that for ages.

link me to the kind you have or a similar pair online? now that you've mentioned them i'm dead set on buying a pair before heading back to school.

What sort of sneakers do you guys like?

Personally I've come to like only Vans Authentics or Converse Chuck Taylor Sneakers....Big Nike sneakers are good for special occasions, like weddings, but they otherwise seem gaudy, too big. But I do wear them from time to time and occasionally I wear moccasin style sneakers.

i wore some vans as a kid but generally once i was into my teens i stopped wearing sneakers altogether - frankly i really hate the fratboy type look, i'd rather wear something nicer (been rockin' the boat shoes and doc martens lately, but my standby for the past few years were my clarks).

having said that i got some new shoes for the gym which are nikes and they're pretty comfy. still would rather opt for a pair of nice shoes over them though.

I wear whatever's on sale. Right now I'm wearing a pair of beat-to-hell New Balance sneaks that I've had for over a year and which only cost me fifteen bucks. They're starting to look really awful now though so I guess it's time to look for a new pair.

Edited by FatFreddysCat

I believe New Balance is still made in the USA. I don't buy them for that reason, but it's nice that they are. I like that their shoes aren't too soft and mushy, and feel durable and well made. And they have always been super comfy.

Edited by KBear

I didn't know you were that douchey, Randy. :coolface:

I don't wear sneakers anymore. I only wear my boots - the same kind that Hank Moody wears in Californication.

link me to the kind you have or a similar pair online? now that you've mentioned them i'm dead set on buying a pair before heading back to school.

I'm on my phone, so I can't check easily, but I'll have a look tomorrow. I got mine on ebay two years ago and have been wearing (and loved) them ever since.

Aside from maybe getting another pair of those, I'm interested in getting a pair of boots similar to Axl's.

I have Adidas Stan Smith low tops like these but without the green:

adidas_velcro_1.jpg

And Penguin low tops that are sort of like these:

ZipCompassLowTopSneakerTaupeA.jpg

those penguins are great man.

i almost bought a pair of penguins at marshall's last month but unfortunately i'm a size 12, and either it's the most popular shoe size or it's the most uncommon shoe size because they never have any left! they were similar to those and i still need another pair to wear with casual/dressy shorts and shirts, as right now i just have the gym shoes and my boat shoes.

I've bought dress shoes before that were a bit too big because they looked cool.

too big i can do and have done before, but usually at those discount stores they'll have plenty of 8 - 10 or 11 sizes and maybe a couple 13s but rarely any 12s. so there's been a couple times where i just went for the extra size up. :lol:

i wore some vans as a kid but generally once i was into my teens i stopped wearing sneakers altogether - frankly i really hate the fratboy type look, i'd rather wear something nicer (been rockin' the boat shoes and doc martens lately, but my standby for the past few years were my clarks).

From my experiences in college, I'm pretty sure boat shoes scream "frat boy" :lol: Although I do love boat shoes, so there's nothing wrong with that :D

I'm on my phone, so I can't check easily, but I'll have a look tomorrow. I got mine on ebay two years ago and have been wearing (and loved) them ever since.

Aside from maybe getting another pair of those, I'm interested in getting a pair of boots similar to Axl's.

Only thing is, they make you look significantly older, or that you are about to go clubbing. I don't think you can really wear them casually and appear... serious?