Pearl Jam superfan creates band's setlist for a night

WhazUp

I saw Pearl Jam twice back to back a few days ago and it was pure magic. 52 different songs, 58 songs in all, each and every one of my wishes came true. Both nights they played at least 2 and a half hours, they were firing on all cylinders.

Easily the greatest nights of my life.

Man I am so jealous! Glad you had a great time, I saw them back in 2009 in LA and it was hands down the best show I have ever seen

I saw them in 2007, 2009 and 2010 already, but these 2 shows last week topped everything, which I thought wasn't really possible. Fuck man, Oceans as the opener for show 2. Down, Indifference, It's ok Tag after Daughter, Immortality, Present Tense, In my Tree... And these are just the highlights off the top of my head...

Hell yeah man the It's Ok tag on Daughter is the best! Present Tense, Indifference, and Oceans are all great live tunes as well

When they did In My Tree did they do it with the original drum into or is it more like the other live performances where it starts with guitar?

If memory serves me right, Eddie started it with guitar.

They also played a kick ass version of State of Love and Trust on night 1 and a really really beautiful version of Pink Floyds' "Mother" on night 2, because the venue was so close to the Eastside Gallery, where parts of the Berlin Wall are still standing.

Very cool of Pearl Jam to let a longtime supporter do that, but they still had complete control of the setlist. It still wasn't "have it your way".

He got to pick the songs and they even played a song that is solely an acordian by re-working it on guitar. How could anything be closer to "have it your way"? This is the most "have it your way" I have ever seen!

EDIT:

I remember in 2005 when I saw Pearl Jam Eddie came out BEFORE the opener even started when next to no one was in the building and played a could acoustic numbers. The show was easily one of if not the best I've ever been too. The 2nd encore was almost as long as the set itself and Eddie was getting drunk saying "You Canadians make some good beer!" lol you could tell he was drunk at the end and he balanced a can of beer on his head for at least a whole song. What a fucking show, man. So good..

Edited by The_Universal_Sigh