Anyone else think Motley Crue SUCK?

Towelie

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh. It's poppy hard rock and not serious at all, but what's so bad about that? Lots of room for different styles. I like maybe ten of their songs. No memorable riffs, solos, or hooks? Nah, not at all. These songs are catchy as hell.

And they did a great job with Helter Skelter:

IMO Kickstart My Heart is overrated.

Edited by KBear

Nikki Sixx sucks.

What he said about Michael Jackson just adds to it.

A certain Paris Jackson Tweeted Nikki: "Heyy quick question dude - and this is coming from a huge fan of motley crue - but why do u feel the need to hate on talented ppl?" - and he backpedaled REALLY fast.

They have a lot of great pop hard rock songs.

Their first album is fantastic. On With The Show is one of my favorite songs of all time.

Dr Feelgood, Don't Go Away Mad, Home Sweet Home.....great songs. And like all popular bands, you find some good songs if you look past the singles. All I Need, OWTS, Bitter Pill, If I Die....and the Corabi album is really good. Listen to Drift Away - great ballad.

Edited by Groghan

Nikki Sixx can go fuck himself for that shit about MJ. What about him? He wasn't a drug addict? He didn't fuck underage birds? Suck my cock asshole.

Responses like this always make me laugh. Your comments are probably more rude than what Nikki said. Is that how you really talk? How old are you?

Axl had two gfs file physical assault charges against him.......how come that doesn't bother you and rocketqueen1985?

What does a musicians personal life have to do with the music they produce? 1985 didn't you used to love motley crue? Now you hate them because Nikki shares the same opinion on MJ that the majority of the world does? That is just weird. You atop liking a band because of something ONE member said?

If you guys let the personal views and real life attitudes and personalities of rock stars determine if you like their music or not......there would be like 3 total bands you would listen to.

To me, Nikki always seemed like am arrogant douche, vince cannot sing live and also seems very arrogant, tommy lee is basically Sebastian Bach's twin brother. Mick seems cool. But I don't really care. I like songs, the personalities of band members has NO effect on how good or bad a song is.

Normal people wonder how come tmz, kardashians, Paris Hilton and the lot are so popular. I think we just discovered why.

Edited by Groghan

Nikki Sixx can go fuck himself for that shit about MJ. What about him? He wasn't a drug addict? He didn't fuck underage birds? Suck my cock asshole.

Responses like this always make me laugh. Your comments are probably more rude than what Nikki said. Is that how you really talk? How old are you?

Axl had two gfs file physical assault charges against him.......how come that doesn't bother you and rocketqueen1985?

What does a musicians personal life have to do with the music they produce? 1985 didn't you used to love motley crue? Now you hate them because Nikki shares the same opinion on MJ that the majority of the world does? That is just weird. You atop liking a band because of something ONE member said?

If you guys let the personal views and real life attitudes and personalities of rock stars determine if you like their music or not......there would be like 3 total bands you would listen to.

To me, Nikki always seemed like am arrogant douche, vince cannot sing live and also seems very arrogant, tommy lee is basically Sebastian Bach's twin brother. Mick seems cool. But I don't really care. I like songs, the personalities of band members has NO effect on how good or bad a song is.

Normal people wonder how come tmz, kardashians, Paris Hilton and the lot are so popular. I think we just discovered why.

What? What I said has absolutely nothing to do with your post.

None of their albums are worth a listen. The only proper context for their songs are when you're shitfaced in a strip bar. Vince Neil is a piece of shit and killed Razzle, who would have produced better music than Motley Crue could have. I imagine all of their concerts the same crowd you'd expect at a Nickleback concert +10 years.

I don't hate him because he thinks MJ is guilty, that's his right. I hate him because he's a 54 year old man who blocks his fans (including myself) on Twitter because we had the nerve to disagree with him on MJ being guilty or not. If MJ had blocked me for not sharing his opinion I'd been pissed at him too.

So before you start making assumptions about me get your facts straight. You as always have no idea what you're talking about.

GNR thought they were WONDERFUL when they opened for Motley and couldn't wait to go on the road with them. The feud seemed to turn into who the badder boy of rock and roll was, and they might as well have gone on Wrestlemania at the time. All trash talk for the media.

Recently, Tommy's rant about "nobody put me here but ME" on Facebook pissed a lot of fans off.

But it's good to see them getting along, and the decision to end Motley is mostly because they're at the age to have pulled it together,given as many people as possible a good show, and do enough stuff outside of Motley to keep themselves busy. Mick's in his 60s and the touring part of it can't be fun for him, and prob. hasn't been for a while. If Vince is just calling it a day because he's lost interest in it, fine, but he also knows anything else he does, isn't going to cover the bills the way Motley's shows will.

None of their albums are worth a listen. The only proper context for their songs are when you're shitfaced in a strip bar.

Well, there is something to be said for that, isn't there?

Nickleback? Nah, they are better than them. But along the same lines, it's true. I liked 8-10 songs off of Red, White, and Crue, but found the rest to be really unremarkable. Same thing with the two Skid Row albums (liked 2-3 songs), Faster Pussycat, etc. That scene produced some cool music, but most of it was uninspired and generic. GN'R was head and shoulders above all those bands. Way more consistent and interesting, and I think that's how they are viewed to this day.

Still, I don't quite get the intense hatred for the Crue's music on here. It's like some can barely admit they had more than one decent song. Guess it depends what you like. If you aren't into pop/rock at all then I get the hatred. But they executed it pretty well at their peak.

I voted "A little bit" because I've never been much of a fan. If one of their songs comes on I won't change the station or anything, but their music has just never done it for me. I also can't stand Vince's voice. Not a horrible band by any means. I'm seeing them in September (with KISS), so I'll see how that goes.

Nikki shares the same opinion on MJ that the majority of the world does?

Don't wanna derail the thread, but that is BS. The majority of the world do not believe MJ was a paedophile.

If someone is a fan of his, they're going to say he was innocent, but in Nikki's case, he forgot Michael had kids, and lost their dad at a young age. All you can do is hope there were no victims the way there was with Sandusky.

I have seen Motley Crue about 4 times and I love their songs, but Vince just can't sing anymore.

The band is still awesome. Mick for all his health problems can still play guitar like he was twenty. Tommy still rocks on the drums and Nikki is still Nikki.

I think because vince is a little overweight and older now, he can't seem to sing as fast as he did 25 years ago. All the older songs he seems to speed through or talk through and then he's forever holding the mic towards the crowd and you find your self singing the whole damn song. lol

The Saints of Los Angeles was good because it's slower and Vince can sing that without a problem, but playing Live Wire is awful because he can't sing fast anymore. It's just nuts.

I guess most fans don't mind because the Kiss/Motley Crue concert in Dallas is all but sold out and that includes the VIP tickets that are like $1300 to meet the band too. Crazy!

I've seen Kiss too and they can still rock it. I think they will make MC look shameful when they hit the stage because at 60+ Gene Simmons can still sing and so can Paul Stanley. They deliver what their fans expect of them all the time.

Nikki Sixx sucks.

Yep. He blocked me on Twitter when I told him I was a fan of both Motley and MJ. That's the day I stopped being a Motley fan.

Nikki Sixx sucks.

What did he say?

That Michael was a pedophile and a loser who deserved dying the way he did. He also interviwed and supported "doctor" Conrad Murray, the doc who's in jail for manslaughter on MJ.

Are you serious?... I now hate Nikki. What a fucking twat. Wow.

Nikki Sixx sucks.

Yep. He blocked me on Twitter when I told him I was a fan of both Motley and MJ. That's the day I stopped being a Motley fan.

Nikki Sixx sucks.

What did he say?

That Michael was a pedophile and a loser who deserved dying the way he did. He also interviwed and supported "doctor" Conrad Murray, the doc who's in jail for manslaughter on MJ.

Are you serious?... I now hate Nikki. What a fucking twat. Wow.

Burnnnnn your tickets.

I have seen Motley Crue about 4 times and I love their songs, but Vince just can't sing anymore.

The band is still awesome. Mick for all his health problems can still play guitar like he was twenty. Tommy still rocks on the drums and Nikki is still Nikki.

I think because vince is a little overweight and older now, he can't seem to sing as fast as he did 25 years ago. All the older songs he seems to speed through or talk through and then he's forever holding the mic towards the crowd and you find your self singing the whole damn song. lol

The Saints of Los Angeles was good because it's slower and Vince can sing that without a problem, but playing Live Wire is awful because he can't sing fast anymore. It's just nuts.

I guess most fans don't mind because the Kiss/Motley Crue concert in Dallas is all but sold out and that includes the VIP tickets that are like $1300 to meet the band too. Crazy!

I've seen Kiss too and they can still rock it. I think they will make MC look shameful when they hit the stage because at 60+ Gene Simmons can still sing and so can Paul Stanley. They deliver what their fans expect of them all the time.

If people are willing to pay 1300 to see both bands and get stuff signed, it's worth it for them and the band to put time aside for it.

Gene's heavy into the Wounded Warriors, and I know that Shannon's played messenger at times in relaying stuff to Gene through Twitter. Thought it was cool they found a veteran to roadie, but they went with a retired guy who basically kissed ass in his letter about being a big fan. But the gesture to offer him the job was cool. Paul's singing is debatable from what Eddie Trunk had said, and he's a big KISS fan. But it's cool to see they still want to keep performing at a time when they could be kicking back. Frehley's been busy, and we may see another reunion, because Ace and Gene supposedly patched thing up, while Gene's been going through his therapy.