What's wrong with Riad?

TeeJay410

Guest Broskirose

I think its not played live because of the lawsuit

It's on the alphasetlist so that can't be the case. The band is ready to play it.

I even asked Bumblefoot if the lawsuit is the reason they don't play the song live and he said no, they can play it.

I think its not played live because of the lawsuit

It's on the alphasetlist so that can't be the case. The band is ready to play it.

I even asked Bumblefoot if the lawsuit is the reason they don't play the song live and he said no, they can play it.

Awesome hopefully they play it again B)

I've always described Riad as a "buzzsaw," and honestly this song, along with songs like Better, TWAT,etc. are kind of what I envisioned and hoped for back when I first started following the CD project and hearing descriptions like "Physical Graffiti remixed by Beck and Trent Reznor" from Rolling Stone.

I can understand why people may not like it, as it's kind of "herky jerky" in its structure, but to me it's good, energetic (and frenetic) hard rock song with a great groove to it. The drumming is tremendous, the guitars during the chorus sound just awesome. The double up, harmonized vocals during the chorus sound awesome to me. I disagree with the lyrics. While there are a couple of songs on the album with lyrics I don't particularly care for (If The World and This I Love, for example) but the lyrics here are pretty cool, they're kind of esoteric but I love the chorus, and the "I don't give a fuck about them cuz I am crazy," which to me is vintage Axl. Hardest rocking song on the album from start to finish

I get why some people may not like the "oh, oh, oh" wails but it's definitely a little nod/tribute to Immigrant Song, and to me it kind of fits the song

Yeah,I got the implications & personally I like the song.

Didn't Buckethead play on the outro?

yes

I love Bumble but his solo fucking sucks on this one, much preferred Bucket's that we heard on the 2008 leak.

I think that it's Buckets worst solo ever so I'm glad Ron changed it :P

My favorite song off the album. When we did that thing with the ratings I was the only one who gave it a 10.

I would change some things about it. I'd shorten the intro, slow down the verses and leave some more time between the verses and the choruses. My main problem with it is that it's too fast. In my opinion IRS should have been this fast and Riad should have been as fast (or as slow) as IRS is now. Both are still great songs though.

Always been one of my favorite songs from the album. Some of the guitar riffs have a groove that could have easily found a home alongside some of the Illusion rockers. Axl's vocals are great even if the "Ah" parts become a bit redundant. Bumblefoot's solo is pretty cool too. I never cared for the live recordings I heard from 2001/2002 but as soon as I heard the studio version I was sold.

To answer the q about the lawsuit (whether or not it's ongoing or what happened with it, I have no clue). But Axl sampled sounds in the beginning (the intro) from another artist and it went uncredited. Two of his works were blended. It's ridiculous to think that's why they don't play the song live though. You can sing whatever you want in a live setting without anyone's permission.

This is one of them: