Did anyone else not realize there was a second singer on The Garden?

Flayer

I never found out about Alice Cooper's part on The Garden until I perused the "additional personnel" on the album notes, and I'd always thought the verses he sings were just Axl using another of his low voices. Anyone else make the same mistake?

People here will act like smartasses, but yeah, I believe in the demo they thought Axl sounded so much like Alice in parts of the song they figured why not go out and get Alice to sing on them. I think that's the story. So for you to think it was Axl doesn't seem so far-fetched.

it's pretty fucking hard not to notice ol' Vincent on the Garden.

you do know he doesnt even like his own mom to use the vincent furnier tag. He said recently that nobody would dare call Sir Elton 'Reggie'.

A.C. is a legend.

I never found out about Alice Cooper's part on The Garden until I perused the "additional personnel" on the album notes, and I'd always thought the verses he sings were just Axl using another of his low voices. Anyone else make the same mistake?

:rofl-lol: NO ofcourse not.

Alice Cooper's voice is easy to recognize!

Idiot.

:lol: I was born in the '90s and I knew that!

But I can see how the mistake can be made, in all honesty. It's not like the song is talked about a ton on these boards. Which is a real shame. It's one of my favorite tunes on the Illusions.

Slash solo is immense.

But I can see how the mistake can be made, in all honesty. It's not like the song is talked about a ton on these boards. Which is a real shame. It's one of my favorite tunes on the Illusions.

Slash solo is immense.

Probably my favorite Slash solo next to Estranged! The guitar work on the song is truly immense. And it's really atmospheric. One of the most underrated tunes in their catalog.

Goes to show I'm not an 80s kid.

Check out Under My Wheels by Alice, it has Axl singing in it.

And also check out Along Came A Spider, Slash is amazing on that one.

In fact I think I prefer solo Slash on other peoples projects.

When they just give him a song and tell him to just stick his Slash on it. Michael Jackson, Alice Cooper, dare I say it Axl Rose (estranged, NR)

The guy is a fucking monster, he'll take a good song and take it to a whole other level of brilliance.

Pu WOOOOOOoooooooooooow. Pu WOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooowwwwwwwwww. PU Diddlydiddlydiddlydiddlydiddlydiddly PUWaaarrrrooooooowwwwweeeew. Beautiful solos.

I may have been drinking tonight.

Edited by spunko12345

Slash solo is immense.

Probably my favorite Slash solo next to Estranged! The guitar work on the song is truly immense. And it's really atmospheric. One of the most underrated tunes in their catalog.

True. I'm glad they performed the song in 1993. The live version is killer.

Not being an Alice Cooper fan, I was always curious to know which parts he sing and which parts Axl sings since they sound so alike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7QTXXFD2A8 Around the 1:25ish mark, right?

He sings these parts.

Turned into my worst phobia

A crazy man's utopia

If you're lost no one can show ya

But it sure was glad to know ya

Only poor boys take a chance

On the garden's song and dance

Feel her flowers as they wrap around

But only smart boys do without

I wasn't really scared, lost my virginity there

To a gypsy with blond hair but now no one seems to care

Like a mouse inside a maze wandering round for daze