Is This the Most Addictive Song on Earth or what?

Guest Len B'stard

Guest Len B'stard

second song is good first song sounds like generic punk to me :shrugs:

Piss off greaser, before i wring out your hair and use the oil for wank :lol:

On topic:

On topic:

a little off topic do you like the misfits or the ramones?

Guest Len B'stard

On topic:

Very much so although i don't think i can claim to be a Misfits fan because i've only ever heard their first album Static Age, from what i heard about the rest it don't sound very appealing. Adore The Ramones though, heard every album...many many many many times, thats kinda all i did as a kid...along with The Sex Pistols and The Beatles.

Excuse all the greaser crap btw, i used to get all that as a kid just being a fan of GnR, ravers up and metallers down, i fell squarely in the Metaller category, which is weird cuz i've always disliked metal.

Edited by sugaraylen

On topic:

Very much so although i don't think i can claim to be a Misfits fan because i've only ever heard their first album Static Age, from what i heard about the rest it don't sound very appealing. Adore The Ramones though, heard every album...many many many many times, thats kinda all i did as a kid...along with The Sex Pistols and The Beatles.

i was wondering the misfits and the ramones are the 2 punk bands i really like especially the ramones subterranean jungle and too tough to die are amazing albums, dont know if you listen to the genre or not but have you tried crust?

crust, whats crust? (btw sub jungle and too tough to die are mental, WARTHOOOOOOOOOGGGGGGGGG!!!!)

crust is a mixture of hardcore punk with some elements of metal, similar to crossover thrash. crust keeps the lyrics and vocal style similar to classic punk but adds some elements of classic "extreme" metal of the 80s like venom. im not a huge fan but something you might want to check out

Guest Len B'stard

I can't explain to you how wonderful it is to hear someone from abroad to rate that as a song, it's SOOO affirming? :):) For so much of my life i didn't think people could like that music that weren't from over here :):):)

I can't explain to you how wonderful it is to hear someone from abroad to rate that as a song, it's SOOO affirming? :):) For so much of my life i didn't think people could like that music that weren't from over here :):):)

First time I heard it was around 1979 - 1980,live, in a shitty little bar...can't remember who,but prob a Southern Ontario band.

Len we had all the U.K. stuff.

a) we had friends who would travel to the UK and come back with stacks of cool records.

b ) we had the coolest indy record store in town,had an import section.All the U.S.,UK,International shit was there. :)

Guest Len B'stard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP0wsET8__Y

SON THEY SHOOK, CUZ AIN'T NO SUCH THINGS AS HALFWAY CROOKS, SCARED TO DEATH, SCARED TO LOOK, SON THEY SHOOK

whoooooooooooooooooo...

@Zint:

it's still weird though man...like My Perfect Cousin...do you even have Subutteo over there? Just saying, it's a beautiful thing how so much culturally specific stuff is still identifiable over there. The most shocking thing to me was when you were like you know The Adverts...

What about Sham69 did you get them over there? :):)

I saw Richman jump off the stage in the middle of a song and tell a guy to turn his video camera off. He must've gotten better about people recording the shows in recent years. He likes people paying attention to the show, not documenting it, but I wish he did reform the original Modern Lovers.

I like Roadrunner, but this one's my favorite, second is Lesbian Bar.

John Cale said Modern Lovers took 3 days total.

The most shocking thing to me was when you were like you know The Adverts...

Speaking of which...REALLY want to see that Adverts doc you were telling me about!!

Know where I can find it?

(zint hoping it's not the links on his profile,that he hasn't had time to click on yet :tongue2: )

What about Sham69 did you get them over there? :):)

Massively!

True story.

I have a few Sham albums.My best friend recorded them to cassette.

He survived 12 hour shifts in a car factory listening to Sham on a walkman. B)

Guest Len B'stard

I'm tryna dig it out Zint but i can't find it no wheres...was really good though...and really weird cuz i mean...why The Adverts y'know? Especially for The Beeb. Fuck, i ain't complaining.

BTW, saw Hollie Cook (Pauls daughter) perform as opening act for the stone roses last weekend, was really cool, she did New Town by The Slits and dedicated it to her "musical mothers" Ari Up and Tessa.

I'm tryna dig it out Zint but i can't find it no wheres...was really good though...and really weird cuz i mean...why The Adverts y'know? Especially for The Beeb. Fuck, i ain't complaining.

BTW, saw Hollie Cook (Pauls daughter) perform as opening act for the stone roses last weekend, was really cool, she did New Town by The Slits and dedicated it to her "musical mothers" Ari Up and Tessa.

Nice!