Welcome... to CANTER BANTER!

I don't think Axl had anything to do with the the LA. Guns stuff. He was only in that band for a short time and did different songs than those. Indiana Ain't My Kinda Town I thought was something made up on the spot or something they were working on in Nov 1985. So now I know it was an ols Rose/ Hollywood song. The rest is Just some older Rose demos. It cool that you found that stuff.

Sorry as I should have listened to LA Guns first as it definitely was not Axl singing.

I hear the intro to Killing Time

"Killing Time , take one" sounds like an English chap!

very surprised this did not ever get released becasue it kicks ass and everyone sounds great especially Axl!

I think it is very cool that you can determine this is from Nov 1985

Indiana sounds like it was recorderd with an audience in the single digits and they started a Mama Kin riff at the beginning, and like you said , kind of ad libbed and did this on the spot. Axl really puts some soul into it too really screaming. At the end of it he says the next song we will do is Heartbreak Hotel. WTF? sounds like no one is there! lol

Thanks Marc I think it is great we have you here to be the authority for us on all of these rare recordings.

I will see what else I can find this weekend!

Nov 22, 1985 Troubadour gig was there first sold out gig.

post-37284-0-60575200-1348889644_thumb.j

I don't think Axl had anything to do with the the LA. Guns stuff. He was only in that band for a short time and did different songs than those. Indiana Ain't My Kinda Town I thought was something made up on the spot or something they were working on in Nov 1985. So now I know it was an ols Rose/ Hollywood song. The rest is Just some older Rose demos. It cool that you found that stuff.

Sorry as I should have listened to LA Guns first as it definitely was not Axl singing.

I hear the intro to Killing Time

"Killing Time , take one" sounds like an English chap!

very surprised this did not ever get released becasue it kicks ass and everyone sounds great especially Axl!

I think it is very cool that you can determine this is from Nov 1985

Indiana sounds like it was recorderd with an audience in the single digits and they started a Mama Kin riff at the beginning, and like you said , kind of ad libbed and did this on the spot. Axl really puts some soul into it too really screaming. At the end of it he says the next song we will do is Heartbreak Hotel. WTF? sounds like no one is there! lol

Thanks Marc I think it is great we have you here to be the authority for us on all of these rare recordings.

I will see what else I can find this weekend!

Nov 22, 1985 Troubadour gig was there first sold out gig.

post-37284-0-60575200-1348889644_thumb.j

Thanks for my new background for my PC at work Marc!

Also to Marc. I'll be in LA in a couple of months and I'd fucking love to buy a signed copy of Reckless Road and say hi if possible? :)

Just let me know when you get here and I will meet you at Canter's Deli.

Marc

Dazey - your'e in for a treat ! Marc's an absolutely sensational Bloke and I cant thank him enough for my catch up with him at Canter's Deli. I still drool over my signed copy of RR and love wearing my Canter's Deli T-shirt :) Enjoy dude!

Oh, and Marc - Welcome to the Forum. We got Fun' n' Games... :)

Were you at Canter's back in January? I met Marc in January at Canter's and remember some Aussie's sitting at a booth beside me who were very anxious to talk to him about GNR hahaha. Would be a crazy coincidence.

• 2 months later...

Hi Marc. Can't remember if this was asked somewhere previously but do you like Chinese, what's your favourite song from i and what are your opinions on the current era and the Bucket/Brain/Finck era as live acts if you've seen them. What do you generally feel about GNR V2/.1.2 etc

Edited by Jordan Rose

I like chinese a lot the whole record is good but, If I were to only pick 4 songs they would be TWAT, Better,If the World and Chinese Democracy. I really liked Buckethead. I did see the 2001 line up two times and the 2006 line up 5 times. I have not seen the new line up live but I have seen some video from You Tube. I'm sure the current line up will come up with some good stuff that Axl will be able to work with. Every time you change the line up the music will be a little different but still great because Axl will always add his magic touch to it.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Marc, I just wanted to say for giving your time to this forum over the past few years. We've had several people who have been involved with GN'R (other than band members) at varying degrees of intimacy, all wanting to promote X, Y and Z and not offering anything in return. I can understand why they do it, but I'm grateful for your contributions, and I hope that you've taken as much pleasure in answering questions as members do in asking them. I hope that it's helped with book sales too. ;)

Would also like to say thanks for continuing to answer questions :) I don't post much but always check out Canter Banter at least once per week to see what else you've shared. Your interview podcast on Let There Be Talk was cool too! B-)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

First off what happened to the quote function here? If you hit quote or multi quote no quote appears. This was not like this years ago, so bad change.

That said, Marc said..

wait, you can't paste either??? Never mind.

Edited by axlskAmpf

• 1 month later...