Recklessroad

PITBOSS

Marc, did you hold anything back that could've been included in the book that you think back could've been added? Are you still in contact with any of the members of the band?

There were some things that I would have liked in the book but we ran out of space. There were also some things that I didn't want in the book. Maybe some day when we reprint I can fix that.

Marc

Marc are you going to be at the ceremony when Slash receives his star?

Yes I will be there to support him.

• Like 1

Marc, did you hold anything back that could've been included in the book that you think back could've been added? Are you still in contact with any of the members of the band?

There were some things that I would have liked in the book but we ran out of space. There were also some things that I didn't want in the book. Maybe some day when we reprint I can fix that.

Marc

Marc are you going to be at the ceremony when Slash receives his star?

Yes I will be there to support him.

details?

Nothing big, just some photos that I didn't want in or different crops of them and some that I wanted in that got cut out and a very small amount of the people interviewed said some things that were off the mark that should have been cut out. There were a few things that they cut out from my notes because they thought they didn't have a place to put it. One example is Paul Stanley got a hold of Slash in 1983 on the phone and interviewed Slash for a Job in Kiss. Just a few other small tid bits that got left out. I wanted to go to each show or event and say a few more words that came to mind, but ran out of time and I wished I had a chance to proof read the book.

Marc, I just bought the itunes version of this. really loved the videos. other than this are there any differences between this and the book?

The real book has 4 times more photos and has the text from the gigs and has a lot more gigs in it. The Vook one is just a cool app that a part of the book and has 17 video clips like VH1 style.

I can't imagine Slash in this video, or in a band where they were closer to his parents' age. How did Paul Stanley hear of Slash at the time?

Thats probably why he didn't get the job. Slash was 17 at the time and still in the 11th grade. Paul found out about Slash because of the owner of Hollywood Music store that knew Slash was a great guitar player and told someone that knew someone in Kiss.

Marc, could you tell us how many copies of your book have been printed and how many have been sold so far ?

100k were printed and about 35 to 40k have been sold. The problem is that it was put out by a first time publisher and a lot went wrong.

Edited by recklessroad

Marc, I just bought the itunes version of this. really loved the videos. other than this are there any differences between this and the book?

The real book has 4 times more photos and has the text from the gigs and has a lot more gigs in it. The Vook one is just a cool app that a part of the book and has 17 video clips like VH1 style.

I can't imagine Slash in this video, or in a band where they were closer to his parents' age. How did Paul Stanley hear of Slash at the time?

Thats probably why he didn't get the job. Slash was 17 at the time and still in the 11th grade. Paul found out about Slash because of the owner of Hollywood Music store that knew Slash was a great guitar player and told someone that knew someone in Kiss.

That's pretty cool to know. I'm a huge KISS fan too. So that means around 1983 both Eddie Van Halen and Slash were considered for KISS. Paul heard about Slash and Eddie approached Gene when things were going sour with Dave. Kind of a neat alternate history to think about.

That's pretty cool to know. I'm a huge KISS fan too. So that means around 1983 both Eddie Van Halen and Slash were considered for KISS. Paul heard about Slash and Eddie approached Gene when things were going sour with Dave. Kind of a neat alternate history to think about.

You can check me on this, but Ace left during "Creatures of the Night" in 82, Ed had been having problems with Dave during "Fair Warning" and "Diver Down" (the half covers/half originals was a bone of contention). But the Diver Down tour was huge, and Gene let the idea go.

Vinnie wound up finishing "Creatures" and got unmasked with them when "Lick it Up" came out, but the band had enough of him (they've explained why, he was ripping KISS fans off). By then Ed would've been working on "1984" and got along for the time being, and wound up with Mark St John for "Animalize", then Bruce Kulick. Mark had problems with the band and his hand, so it was a mutual agreement thing.

The funny thing is, when you take a look at the original "Creatures" cover, Ace is on it, and on the re-issue, Bruce is on it. Tommy Thayer was kind of on the sidelines during the Kulick era, but he was def. a part of it.

• 3 years later...

Paul Stanley called Slash to be a guitarist in Kiss or to do some other job like a guitar tech?

If it was for the guitarist position, then why did Slash say no? Kiss was such a big band that time, Slash has always been talented but in 1983 he was not in any big bands, so being in a big band like Kiss and the amount of exposure and fame and touring would be like a dream come true?

It was for Kiss but Paul didn't tell him it was because he didn't want people spreading rumors that Kiss was looking for a guitar player Slash didn't say no, he said I think i can pull it off. The questions that Paul asked him were how old are you, would you be able to tour, are you good enough to be able to record music in the studio?

• 3 weeks later...

No but would love nothing more than to fix all the typos and add in some of the people that I missed last time. Also my plan was to put out a hard cover coffee table book of only the best photos without all the text. There are also many photos that I wanted in the book that didn't make it and there were some that should not have been in the book.

You know me Marc, my vote is for more memorabilia!

I know, thats where all the fun is and was my plan in the first place when puting together my first draft. However I also think that the people that were there or in the band whould have somethings to say that adds to the story. After Reckless Road was out, I found Rob Gardner and we interviewed him. When we were puting together the book in 2007 I called Tracii Guns but he didn't return any of my calls. I did see Tracii at Canter's in 2010 and he apologized for not helping out in 2007 when I was calling him. The reason he didn't help is he thought it was just another cash grab until he saw the book. He said its a book that can't be judged because it documents what happened. He said if I ever go into print again, he would interview for it.

I don't think Izzy would ever help because of the fact it would take him back to his drug days which may be too much for him to deal with and could set him off the wagon. I know he was happy that I was puting out the book in 2007 but he thought it was only a scrap book. I tried to keep it clean when talking about drugs I would say something like Slash and Izzy had to stop for some supplies but then Slash interviewed for it and went to town about the drug use and so did Desi and Tom Z.

I would hope that Axl would help which would be so important to get some more of his words in there. I fucked that up by not really interviewing him the 3 times that he looked at the drafts back in 1994 when he was 100% behind the project. I always thought that when I get closer to geting the book out that he would do whatever was needed for it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...