GNR in Rybnik, Poland, 11 July

Guest Broskirose

AxjxgavCIAEWjCs.jpg

By Michal

Jarmo | HTGTH.com‏@htgth

Guitar solo @bumblefoot Glad to be here followed by some Chopin, don't cry, civil war #gnrpoland

I wonder if Jarmo means this?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl wasn't in a talking mood at the gig, apart from standard 'thank yous'. However, he did smile to the crowd and defined the audience as rowdy if I heard correctly - you can hear it in BBF's vid

I'd write a review of a show probably tomorrow if anyone's interested

Would like a review, thank you :thumbsup:

There were 4 supporting bands before GNR. The last one finished at 9.p.m. Stage was ready 9.40, then the waiting started. People were getting nervous, some swearing, yelling at Axl, throwing shit on stage (at least a couple plastic bottles). I saw Frank backstage maybe around 10.30, Jarmo and Del walking there as well, but there were no signs of others. There’s no point of complaining ‘cos at 11.20 lights went out, intro started, followed by the first chords of ChD and the crowd went apeshit. Suddenly fans started to jump and forgot about aching feet and backs. The first 4 songs were crazy, you had to jump in order not to be crushed by the hectic crowd. Sorry was the first song when I got a chance to breathe normally and finally hear Axl (unfortunately most of the time I heard fans singing every word, drowning Axl’s voice). That’s why it’s hard for me to assess his voice that night, I won’t do it and I really did read contradictory opinions on that from other people. I sang myself on a few occassions including the coda of RQ, ‘did you wear a black armband’ on CW and ending of PC. TIL was one of the highlights, with the amazing solo from Ashba. One of the songs which I would get rid of is definitely Tommy’s Motivation (I’d call it worthless screaming). Other jams and solo spots were great, the best one probably DJ’s Mi Amor, most of the fans would prefer Ballad of Death, though. Bumblefoot played some Chopin (a Polish composer, not French), which was cheered by the crowd. I was waiting for NT, my most favourite old song they play live, but unfortunately Axl didn’t let Ron develop his solo... Don’t Cry was great, Patience as well – Ashba makes this solo sound so good, KOHD with the singing part. Besides, the crowd was really great, there were parts of the crowd made by pogo dancers their own, people jumping, singing along almost all the time. The encore included only 2 songs: Patience and PC, the whole gig lasted 2h40min, exactly up to 2 a.m. Axl was smiling quite a lot, but didn’t talk almost at all, although he liked the gigantic flag (10 x 7 metres) taken out by the crowd which said: welcome back to poland (They played in Poland in 2006). Kat Benzova was making photos of this banner right in front of Frank’s drum kit. At least two bras were thrown on stage, one was hanging from DJ’s guitar neck and another was worn by Frank for a short time :) I was standing around 20-25 metres from the stage and it was a great experience. They played a solid set and entertained about 17 000 people. Axl defined the crowd as ‘rowdy’ so I guess he had a good time too.

Live And Let Die

You Could Be Mine

There were 4 supporting bands before GNR. The last one finished at 9.p.m. Stage was ready 9.40, then the waiting started. People were getting nervous, some swearing, yelling at Axl, throwing shit on stage (at least a couple plastic bottles). I saw Frank backstage maybe around 10.30, Jarmo and Del walking there as well, but there were no signs of others. There’s no point of complaining ‘cos at 11.20 lights went out, intro started, followed by the first chords of ChD and the crowd went apeshit. Suddenly fans started to jump and forgot about aching feet and backs. The first 4 songs were crazy, you had to jump in order not to be crushed by the hectic crowd. Sorry was the first song when I got a chance to breathe normally and finally hear Axl (unfortunately most of the time I heard fans singing every word, drowning Axl’s voice). That’s why it’s hard for me to assess his voice that night, I won’t do it and I really did read contradictory opinions on that from other people. I sang myself on a few occassions including the coda of RQ, ‘did you wear a black armband’ on CW and ending of PC. TIL was one of the highlights, with the amazing solo from Ashba. One of the songs which I would get rid of is definitely Tommy’s Motivation (I’d call it worthless screaming). Other jams and solo spots were great, the best one probably DJ’s Mi Amor, most of the fans would prefer Ballad of Death, though. Bumblefoot played some Chopin (a Polish composer, not French), which was cheered by the crowd. I was waiting for NT, my most favourite old song they play live, but unfortunately Axl didn’t let Ron develop his solo... Don’t Cry was great, Patience as well – Ashba makes this solo sound so good, KOHD with the singing part. Besides, the crowd was really great, there were parts of the crowd made by pogo dancers their own, people jumping, singing along almost all the time. The encore included only 2 songs: Patience and PC, the whole gig lasted 2h40min, exactly up to 2 a.m. Axl was smiling quite a lot, but didn’t talk almost at all, although he liked the gigantic flag (10 x 7 metres) taken out by the crowd which said: welcome back to poland (They played in Poland in 2006). Kat Benzova was making photos of this banner right in front of Frank’s drum kit. At least two bras were thrown on stage, one was hanging from DJ’s guitar neck and another was worn by Frank for a short time :) I was standing around 20-25 metres from the stage and it was a great experience. They played a solid set and entertained about 17 000 people. Axl defined the crowd as ‘rowdy’ so I guess he had a good time too.

Live And Let Die

You Could Be Mine

Thanks for the review :thumbsup:

Wow, he really started late this time. :shock: