How are these guys not huge?

Apollo

They're huge around here, but that's because they're from around here. They were on the Rockstar Chaos (or Mayhem, I'm not sure) tour last year or the year before that. Every time they come out with a single, the local rock station plays the shit out of it. I genuinely think they need lyrical help, but they're okay musically. The good stuff is really good, but the rest is mediocre. My drummer just got an internship with their producer, and he was telling an anecdote about how they basically locked him in a room with them for two years until they wrote an album of decent music haha. Seems exaggerated, but the concept remains. Talent, with a lack of real writing chops.

Because they play boring music that hasn't been popular for many years that other artists do/did a lot better.

I could say that the sky was blue, kittens are cute and ice cream tastes good and you would post a negative comment about it. At least you are consistent.

I saw them support slash & at download this year. I like the drummer, as there is not much a drummer can do to gain attention, but he does it pretty good.

I don't dig female singers in rock. Sorry.

I rarely like female rock singers as well. Or comedians.

But these guys tear it up. Listen to their version of Out Ta Get Me.

They are pretty diverse - some heavy songs all the way down to pop ballads.

Just a great all around band.

People are always saying "Where are the real rock bands today?"................well, here is one.

I dig 'em, but I don't know how huge you can be with hard rock anymore. Either way they're good, and they do not suck live from what I've heard.

I agree with this post. Hard rock seems losing fans, more and more. I don't know why however.

I dig 'em, but I don't know how huge you can be with hard rock anymore. Either way they're good, and they do not suck live from what I've heard.

I agree with this post. Hard rock seems losing fans, more and more. I don't know why however.

Meh, Things run in cycles and it will come back.....

People are always saying "Where are the real rock bands today?"................well, here is one.

tumblr_m48cdk5BNm1qert37.gif

Beyond the fact you are bashing them just because I like them, why dont you think they are a rock band? What would you call them?

Out Ta Get Me and Slave to the Grind are certainly considered hard rock songs. Several other of their songs are clearly rock.

So what would you call them? And if you don't consider them a rock band, though pretty much everybody else does, who are some good rock bands right now?

I'm not denying that they're a rock band, silly. I'm denying that they are a real (and by "real", I assume you mean "good") rock band. As for good rock bands right now - The Black Keys, Arcade Fire, Phoenix, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Killers, Queens of the Stone Age, Jack White and his bands... should I go on?

yeah there will be a band that will come along similar to what gnr did and bring hard rock back

yeah there will be a band that will come along similar to what gnr did and bring hard rock back

lol