Peter O'Toole retires from acting.

Georgy Zhukov

Guest Len B'stard

An amazing standout actor from a generation of amazing stand out actors. Gotta be fuckin' gettin' too tho so...don't mean to be a morbid cunt actors tend to fall of the perch soon after they quit, if they ever quit and the only reason they ever do is when they can't fuckin' remember their lines no more. Thats why Newman packed it in, couldn't fuckin' remember his lines, bless him.

Also, actors are very vain and egotistical, they generally tend to go on til they drop, they love all that shit, when they actively quit in their old age it's usually a sign that their faculties are failing him i hope the old boys alright. (actively quit? :lol:)

Goodbye Mr Chips, fuck me i ain't seen that in yonks.

Edited by sugaraylen

I remember his friend Patrick McGoohan retired from acting and died 9 years later. Richard Harris planned on retiring but I guess he couldn't pass up the paycheck Warner Brothers offered him for Harry Potter. You know how Old English actors get paid shit. Yes I am aware he was actually Irish.

His loss to Forrest Whitaker for Venus was bullshit. It was a great performance but all the guy had to do was watch footage of the real life Amin and just imitate him. Notice how he always goes up against stiff competition? He and Richard Burton always had that problem. But Venus was straight from his heart, he didn't copy anyone.

You ever read about Richard Harris talking shit about Tom Cruise? :lol:

Edited by Stannis Baratheon

Guest Len B'stard

No but i did hear about him talking shit about Oliver Reed :lol:

I never thought much of Cruise, nothing would make me happier than watching him get lamped by ol' Richard Harris. What did he say about him?

Hope he is in good health. A hell of an actor and man. The last of his kind. Played some of my favorite characters.

Highly recommend the following

Becket

Lawrence of Arabia

The Lion in Winter

Venus

Goodbye, Mr. Chips

My Favorite Year

Nice titles listed there.

Lion In Winter...class movie.

I do believe Lawrence of Arabia has received a full restoration and will be getting a blu-ray release later this year.

Will definitely be adding it to my collection.

Apparantly the occasion will be marked with a one night only showing on big screens.I would love to see that!

And yes..Peter...bravo to a brilliant career.

No but i did hear about him talking shit about Oliver Reed :lol:

I never thought much of Cruise, nothing would make me happier than watching him get lamped by ol' Richard Harris. What did he say about him?

This

Someone asked me once "What is the difference between Tom Cruise now and you when you were a major star?" I said there is a great difference. Look at a photograph of me from the old days and I'm going to one of my film premieres with a bottle of vodka in my hand. Tom Cruise has a bottle of Evian water. That's the difference - a bottle of Evian water.

and this

What I hate about our business today is the elitism. So-called stars ride in private jets and have bodyguards and dietitians and beauticians. Tom Cruise is a midget and he has eight bodyguards all 6 feet 10, which makes him even more diminutive. It's an absolute joke.

He also did not like Ian McKellen which gave Ian a good excuse not to replace him in Harry Potter. He talked shit about a ton of actors.

Anyway, story about Peter O'Toole. Back in the day he and Peter Finch would hang out and get drunk. They found themselves in this little pub in Ireland and they stayed there well after midnight and the bar owner told them they have to leave because they are closing. So they bought the bar.

Lawrence should be spectacular on Blu Ray. The cinematography is superior than all the digital crap these men have been using. Lion in Winter is one of my favorites. James Bond, Hannibal Lector, King Arthur, and one of Connecticut's finest, Katharine Hepburn. Greatest actress of all time and he shoved her to the background.

Edited by Stannis Baratheon