The concept of Jesus

Two guys killing themselves slowly with drugs and alcohol. Two guys who are so cynical, they literally either drink their own piss out of a cup, or sit in a room which reeks of sweat and cum and used towels because their daily lives and a mixture of intense nihilism and just a general a belief that they, the world, and the universe are all meaningless and pointless, have made them this way. Two guys who lack any morals and are proud of that. Perfect examples of the power of Militant Atheism.

I'd just like to clarify that I've never drank my own piss out of a cup! It was my mate Dean's and it was in a pint glass so get your facts right soft lad! :rolleyes: I assume the cum and used towels comment was directed at Nate though?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two guys killing themselves slowly with drugs and alcohol. Two guys who are so cynical, they literally either drink their own piss out of a cup, or sit in a room which reeks of sweat and cum and used towels because their daily lives and a mixture of intense nihilism and just a general a belief that they, the world, and the universe are all meaningless and pointless, have made them this way. Two guys who lack any morals and are proud of that. Perfect examples of the power of Militant Atheism.

I'd just like to clarify that I've never drank my own piss out of a cup! It was my mate Dean's and it was in a pint glass so get your facts right soft lad! :rolleyes: I assume the cum and used towels comment was directed at Nate though?

Correct, the "cum and used towels comment" was directed at Nate who once described the odor of his room as being such, at least back when he had a roomate, because he didn't bother to clean it.

I don't have anything against atheists--people who simply don't believe in God and that's that. I do have a problem with Militant Atheists, the one who don't believe in God, mock and belittle those that do, or people's beliefs in general, and feel that because they don't believe in God, neither should anyone else. It's the same thing as Evangelical Christians.

Correct, the "cum and used towels comment" was directed at Nate who once described the odor of his room as being such, at least back when he had a roomate, because he didn't bother to clean it.

I don't have anything against atheists--people who simply don't believe in God and that's that. I do have a problem with Militant Atheists, the one who don't believe in God, mock and belittle those that do, or people's beliefs in general, and feel that because they don't believe in God, neither should anyone else. It's the same thing as Evangelical Christians.

Show me one quote of mine in this thread where I've mocked anybody's belief in god, faith, belittled them for it or denied the existence of Jesus. :shrugs:

Show me one quote of mine in this thread where I've mocked anybody's belief in god, faith, belittled them for it or denied the existence of Jesus. :shrugs:

In this thread perhaps you haven't, but do you deny mocking people's belief in God, mocking and attempting to belittle Christians and other Theists, and do you deny feeling that everyone should be an Atheist? Do you deny feeling that people who believe in God are dumb and/or "brainwashed"?

Edited by Indigo Miser

In this thread perhaps you haven't, but do you deny mocking people's belief in God, mocking and attempting to belittle Christians and other Theists, and do you deny feeling that everyone should be an Atheist? Do you deny feeling that people who believe in God are dumb?

I don't believe people who believe in god are dumb at all. I believe people who will deny cast iron evidence in favour of faith are thicker than Thicky McPigshit of the of the Clan McPigshit! I wish there were only one but there's fucking millions of the cunts! :rolleyes:

Edited by Dazey

In this thread perhaps you haven't, but do you deny mocking people's belief in God, mocking and attempting to belittle Christians and other Theists, and do you deny feeling that everyone should be an Atheist? Do you deny feeling that people who believe in God are dumb?

I don't believe people whom believe in god are dumb at all. I believe people who will deny cast iron evidence in favour of faith are thicker than Thicky McPigshit of the of the Clan McPigshit! I wish there were only one! :rolleyes:

There is no "ironclad evidence" to support the existence of God, but neither is there ironclad evidence to support the nonexistence of God. There is no "ironclad" proof on either side.

One thing Militant Atheists either purposely, or forgetfully, overlook is that having faith in a "God" does not mean:

-That you believe in any dogma or religious institution

-That you are a fundamentalist of any religion

-That you do not ascribe to any religion

-That you believe in miracles, and the like.

-That you don't believe in evolution, modern medicine, or science.

I'm someone who, if asked, would state without any doubt or hesitation that I believe in a "God." I like to read scientific articles and news; I've read tons of things in astronomy, quantum physics, and all of that stuff--it is fascinating. I believe in God but at the same time I also feel most likely our universe started with what's called the Big Bang. Before that is anyone's guess, but, I believe the ultimate cause, the singularity, the beginning of the beginning or "before the beginning" there was what most call "God". A force, an entity beyond imagination, even something as simple as a "will". Not an old man in the clouds, or a personal deity who listens to your prayers perhaps, not at all--Though perhaps something does "listen", who knows--but something that is mostly outside of man's understanding. I accept fully evolution and find evolution to be incredibly awesome and also fascinating. I accept things such as stem cell therapy and human cloning for organs, as both seem to me to be of benefit to society. I don't believe the United States is a "Christian nation" nor was it ever truly and was never intended to be.

I feel that we as a species have only been around for but a brief time in the history of this planet, and there is much about the universe itself that we still do not know, and will likely continue to not know for a long time. We don't even know everything there is to know about the Earth and Space--What lies in the deepest depths of the ocean and the like--Or what planets lies far beyond our star; I think that we've only scratched the surface with regard to questions of God and the universe and this and that. I think that we, as a species, are very arrogant. With every new discovery we think we've come so close to knowing all, but I think for all our discoveries, we've only touched upon the tip of the proverbial iceberg.

I simply dislike evangelists and militant believers of any religion or belief system--be it Theistic or Atheistic--, or people who try to push a whole diverse group of people into one label. All Atheists are NOT Militant Atheists; All Theists are not Christians nor Evangelical Christians. I don't like people who go door to door with Bibles. I don't like fundies slamming their beliefs in my face, or attempting to reduce the rights of others by attempting to outlaw abortion and gay marriage and stem cell research or those who deny the miracles of modern science and allow innocent children to die because their faith demands that they not be treated with medicine. By the same token, I don't like the idea that all people who believe in God, or believe in Jesus as some moral teacher, are lumped together with the most backward and ignorant and bigoted religious nuts and equally mocked and attacked and belittled by many of the members of the "New Atheist" segment of Atheism.

The fact is, Atheists and Theists CAN co-exist, and should. Extremists on both sides of the aisle are what is wrong with society. The extremists on the religious or theistic side simply have more numbers and thus impose their own twisted will on others, or attempt to--and their voice seems louder because there are more of them. But extremism is on both sides, and I feel that is what should be rooted out. I don't give a damn that you don't believe in God. That's your concern, that's your personal choice, not mine. I don't attack it, unless my belief in a higher power is attacked. Live and let live, for me, extends only to when I or what I believe in or love is attacked or mocked, or I'm lumped with religious bigots just because I happen to also believe that a supreme being exists.

The idea is simple. You believe what you want, I believe what I want. No mockery, no belittling, no bullshit.

As to Jesus: I am completely unsure of his divinity, but I do believe that at the VERY LEAST a figure named Jesus lived, taught for a few years, and was executed. I believe his teachings in the New Testament are a perfect moral guideline and that he is probably the most important figure in history as his teachings have helped shape the modern world--at the very least, the West--for both great amounts of good and great amounts of bad. I divorce Christ's words from those of the Old Testament and also from those of his supposed followers like "Paul of Tarsus", whom I believe distorted and twisted the message of Jesus. Hence my edition of the Bible is the one crafted by Thomas Jefferson.

Edited by Indigo Miser

I don't believe people whom believe in god are dumb at all. I believe people who will deny cast iron evidence in favour of faith are thicker than Thicky McPigshit of the of the Clan McPigshit! I wish there were only one! :rolleyes:

There is no "ironclad evidence" to support the existence of God, but neither is there ironclad evidence to support the nonexistence of God. There is no "ironclad" proof on either side.

I was referring specifically to people who make comment such as this.

If we were just 1 mile closerto the sun we would burn up or just 1 mile further away we would freeze.

Also the difference between extremists on both sides is vast! An extremist atheist group might run a poster campaign on the side of a bus. The extremist religious type would put a bomb on that bus. I can see a clear distinction there to be fair. :shrugs:

Edited by Dazey

If we were just 1 mile closerto the sun we would burn up or just 1 mile further away we would freeze.

What does that have to do with faith? question.gif The Bible doesn't say anything like that, it's just wrong science.

What does that have to do with faith? question.gif The Bible doesn't say anything like that, it's just wrong science.

Which is all I've been arguing about in this thread mostly. His justification being that the world was designed so perfectly by god that that was the case. For that reason he chose not to actually check that it was an imbecilic statement. It's a common argument used time and time again as justification for the existence of a god. Doesn't matter to them that it's utterly nonsensical. :shrugs:

Edited by Dazey

Guest Len B'stard

Champions drink piss, observe:

I don't mean to make everything about boxing but i think there's something to be said for letting the two sides slug it out, best man win and all that :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

Believing in a Creator isn't dumb to me. Honestly, it's not. I'm between Atheist and Deist. Where shit gets fucked for me is making that next leap. Deciding to believe in Christianity over Judaism. Islam over carious polytheist beliefs. NONE have evidence yet they all claim to be the sole truths. Call me a militant atheist but people who believe any of these are either raised into it, severely deluded by information overload of any particular religion, ignorant or in it for societal reasons basically. People accuse those of us who critique religion as if we're saying the basic concept of a creator is ridiculous. I don't think that. The creator of this particular universe would have to come from somewhere though. The argument we're in the matrix and there's a superior race controlling us isn't laughable. If you think it is, really think about it. I don't think that's the case though. It's an option but to believe it based on nothing but stories, people's sincere beliefs in it and faith is honestly silly and miss guided. Just like choosing Christianity over Islam, in my opinion.

It's funny that the best argument so far, though, for creationism is atheists are just angry, or angry at God. To me, raised in a household completely free of religious influence (not that my parents didn't have thoughts and were stupid, they just didn't enforce anything on me) I can't see why anyone would join a religion in my situation. It's all silly beliefs trying to solve questions we don't know the answer to. It's got nothing to do with anger, sadness, hate, trying to be contrarian, etc.

I always wondered about Noah and the Ark thing.I mean how did his children and their spouses repopulate this world without genes getting crossed somewhere?How were there no effed up,mutated or whatever else kind of people roaming around on Earth after the 40 days/40 nights flood,where everything/everybody was destroyed,but what was in the Ark?

Edited by SweetRose

I was raised in the church,we were always told to not question God's reasoning for the way things did,have or will happen,why I don't know.You just ain't suppose to question God.But that Noah thing just throws me for a loop.Unless say one of Noah's sons took another one of his son's wife and had kids that way that turned out ok.lol But then still who would that child reproduce with that didn't already have the family genes?It just come full circle again.

I mean that would be like my child getting with my brother's child.See what I mean.Their child would be effed up some way or another wouldn't they? :scared:

Or say my husband getting with my sister in law and they had a kid.It's just too confusing!!!!! :scared:

Edited by SweetRose