oklahoma

tange

Listening back to some of the new tracks - which the magazine described as “like Led Zeppelin's Physical Graffiti remixed by Beck and Trent Reznor” - including the first airing of the tracks 'Catcher In The Rye', 'I.R.S', 'The Blues', 'T.W.A.T.' (short for 'There Was A Time') and the album's “almost grungy title track,” the most attention-grabbing track, though still only in instrumental form, was something called 'Oklahoma', which Axl said was inspired by one of his court dates with Erin. “I was sitting in my litigation with my ex-wife, and it was the day after the [Oklahoma] bombing,” Axl recalled. “It's just ironic that we're sitting there and this person is spewing all kinds of things and 168 people just got killed. And this person I'm sitting there with, she don't care. Obliterating me is their goal.”

anyone think this song has been renamed and its on CD somewhere?

Listening back to some of the new tracks - which the magazine described as “like Led Zeppelin's Physical Graffiti remixed by Beck and Trent Reznor” - including the first airing of the tracks 'Catcher In The Rye', 'I.R.S', 'The Blues', 'T.W.A.T.' (short for 'There Was A Time') and the album's “almost grungy title track,” the most attention-grabbing track, though still only in instrumental form, was something called 'Oklahoma', which Axl said was inspired by one of his court dates with Erin. “I was sitting in my litigation with my ex-wife, and it was the day after the [Oklahoma] bombing,” Axl recalled. “It's just ironic that we're sitting there and this person is spewing all kinds of things and 168 people just got killed. And this person I'm sitting there with, she don't care. Obliterating me is their goal.”

No. Oklahoma was renamed Berlin. It's not on Chinese Democracy.

I thought Rhiad was Oklahoma.

I thought Rhiad was Oklahoma.

Nope.

I wonder what the song sounds like. I'm sure he changed it from "Oklahoma" at the time so people weren't reading into it to do with McVeigh, and "Berlin" just conjures up Lou Reed's album to me.

I do think it's amusing that he thought the songs "too advanced" for GNR fans though. I think we can decide for ourselves if it's good or not.