Would you want the next album as it already was recorded or...

WhazUp

with additions from DJ, Bumble, and Frank?

I personally have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, if the music is finished there is no real need to overdub Bucket or Finck's solos simply just to add on a current member, but I can also imagine being a person in the band and wanting my work on at least some things on the album so I have something to show for my time in GNR.

I would like to see the songs left as is, but maybe a few completely new songs written by the new lineup featured on the album as well - that way we get the best of both worlds

Guest Broskirose

How is this even a thread?

Are you kidding me?

I speak for everyone with a brain when I say - GET ASHBA AWAY FROM ROBIN'S MUSIC!!!!

Lock this thread and ban the OP.

I got mixed feelings too. On one side, it's stupid to release an album played by a people that have left at least 4 or 5 years before the album release (being SUPER OPTIMISTIC :lol:) and on the other hand, it's not fair if the members actually helped write the song. So basically I say - if it's not written by Robin, Bucket or Brain, rerecord it. Otherwise, leave it as it is. But release material by the new band. I want an Ashba/Rose song.

It already has Ron's parts, which I enjoyed on CD. Ron added a lot of warmth and depth to songs without overdoing it (his lead work on The Blues and CD, licks and tapping on Shackler's, for example). However I would prefer it remain as is (i.e. the same people who played on CD). That said, I imagine that if DJ were to lay down parts for it, he's already done so.

I got mixed feelings too. On one side, it's stupid to release an album played by a people that have left at least 4 or 5 years before the album release (being SUPER OPTIMISTIC :lol:) and on the other hand, it's not fair if the members actually helped write the song. So basically I say - if it's not written by Robin, Bucket or Brain, rerecord it. Otherwise, leave it as it is. But release material by the new band. I want an Ashba/Rose song.

I agree with that proposal, I would say that would be what I would I want as well

Of course I would be glad any new material is released regardless

Guest Broskirose

Robin worked on this music from 1997 to 2008....Buckethead only worked on it for 4 years at best.

You want to replace some of Buckets parts with a competent player like Bumble? Fine.

You want to replace Robin's parts with a TERRIBLE player who has proven that he can't play anything by Robin properly after Robin invested a decade of his life to the album....FUCK OFF.

If a single note is raped by Ashba I will personally take a shit on the CD and throw it at Ashba.

Edited by Broskirose

Robin worked on this music from 1997 to 2008....Buckethead only worked on it for 4 years at best.

You want to replace some of Buckets parts with a competent player like Bumble? Fine.

You want to replace Robin's parts with a TERRIBLE player who has proven that he can't play anything by Robin properly after Robin invested a decade of his life to the album....FUCK OFF.

If a single note is raped by Ashba I will personally take a shit on the CD and throw it at Ashba.

Suck = suck man, let it go.

Robin worked on this music from 1997 to 2008....

Could you please provide a citation that shows Robin Finck worked on music through 2008? I happen to know that he "worked on this music" through 2006. Approx 90% of his "work" was completed in 2004. I'm not sure if you were misinformed or if you are deliberately intended to mislead people. If it's the latter of the two, why?

I personally have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, if the music is finished there is no real need to overdub Bucket or Finck's solos simply just to add on a current member, but I can also imagine being a person in the band and wanting my work on at least some things on the album so I have something to show for my time in GNR.

I would like to see the songs left as is, but maybe a few completely new songs written by the new lineup featured on the album as well - that way we get the best of both worlds

If the parts with Robin and Bucket were completed, I would prefer the album untouched by Bumble, Frank and especially Ashba. Ron adding some rhythm guitar here and there is fine but his solos were not great in my opinion.

Most of the reason I check this forum is to see any news or indication about their direction going forward. As much as I appreciate Ron, what I want from new music though is to hear the rest of the Robin/Brain/Buckethead material as it is.

I don't mind if Ron adds extra guitar parts and such but to be honest I listen to the earlier versions of the CD tracks more than the album versions just because for the most part, the additions or changes didn't add anything (the exception here is Ron's guitar on the title track but I still prefer Brain on drums).

So there will be mixed feelings if we end up hearing songs like "The General" or "Soul Monster", without Robin's guitar parts, or Frank replacing Brain's drumming and so on. If they're going to chop and change things I'd rather they just put out something new, and I'll be curious to hear it, but that's about it.

Only a small percent of the fanbase would even care if it's bucket/robin/fortus or bumble/ashba/fortus Why waste time on rerecording?. Probably sell about five million like Chinese Democracy that's if it's at the same music quality standard.

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

Dude you need to give it a rest and relax. Don't take that stuff too seriously. It will not do you good.

i want the next album already recorded as is without DJ, Bumble, and Frank

They should remove all of Robin's parts and beg Bucket to come back and redo all of the guitars on his own. ;)

Probably sell about five million like Chinese Democracy that's if it's at the same music quality standard.

Sorry but at this stage it might be lucky to sell three million. :shrugs: