Perhaps we should use reverse psychology on Axl

Vincent Vega

All the years that we waited for CD, we wanted it and wanted it and begged, pleaded and demanded it's release. And how did Axl respond? It was delayed, and delayed, and delayed until we didn't really care, didn't really demand, didn't really beg or expect it to happen anymore. And it happened. Perhaps we have to play some sort of weird psychological game where, maybe if we act as if we don't care about any next album, or if we act apathetic to the idea of new material, or if we don't demand or beg or plead or desire it to happen...Maybe Axl will feel free to release it. He already felt back in '08 that we were being too demanding about the release of a next album; Perhaps if he feels we aren't demanding anything of him, he won't feel as much pressure; this will result in him being more secure and less perfectionist, which will result in less tinkering and more of a quick release.

Just a thought really.

No one's demanding GNR for new music. Hard to say if anyone in the band brings it up, I'm sure it comes up at some point with a "are we going in the studio after the tour"? and he prob. just says "soon, want to see what's going on with record labels".

All the years that we waited for CD, we wanted it and wanted it and begged, pleaded and demanded it's release. And how did Axl respond? It was delayed, and delayed, and delayed until we didn't really care, didn't really demand, didn't really beg or expect it to happen anymore. And it happened. Perhaps we have to play some sort of weird psychological game where, maybe if we act as if we don't care about any next album, or if we act apathetic to the idea of new material, or if we don't demand or beg or plead or desire it to happen...Maybe Axl will feel free to release it. He already felt back in '08 that we were being too demanding about the release of a next album; Perhaps if he feels we aren't demanding anything of him, he won't feel as much pressure; this will result in him being more secure and less perfectionist, which will result in less tinkering and more of a quick release.

Just a thought really.

Stop saying "we."

I think a lot less people care now than they used too.

Got to agree. The whole intrigue thing has gone.

Back in 2000 the whole idea of 100% Axl music without Slash Duff Izzy Adler/Sorum seemed to offer all sort of possibilities. The never ending stories of hiring and firing built up an image of whatever was going to be released was going to be something on the same level as Pink Floyd The Wall. An epic 2 disc story told through music, each track a no.1 hit on par with Nirvana's Teen Spirit. As well well know, what was release failed on many levels. Given bands member began to exit on Axl didn't help. The thing now is, I have no interest in hearing what Frank BF Dj can add to future studio material. I want to hear the unreleased Buckethed, Robin Finck, Brain work, but with BF and DJ mixed in, that would be criminal.

Edited by vaida

Dear Axl,

Please reunite with Slash and Steven Adler and join them in making the type of cliched, tired buttrock they want so desperately to make. Absolutely do not release any more of the Brain/Buckethead era GnR songs. Under no circumstances should you record new material with your current lineup. Thanks.

Your Friend/Fan, ShotgunBlues1978

Please reunite with Slash and Steven Adler and join them in making the type of cliched, tired buttrock they want so desperately to make.

Yeah, I REALLY don't want to see him record with those who helped make his career and give the world such beautiful songs. That would totally suck

Reverse psychology, normal psychology - whatever! Don't we all know Axl well enough by now to know that he will do whatever the fuck he wants, when he wants and with whomever he wants to do it with? I want new music as much as anyone but I also love the fact that he does things his way. He just refuses to compromise (whether it's ultimately in his best interest or not) and not many people on earth have the ability to truly live that way.

Just a thought really.

It's called if all the shows were empty, then something would change. Personally i still like going to the shows as i'm sure do many others.

Your post is a little sad, it's almost like you're praying to god, thinking he can hear you or knows what you think. You have issues.

I don't think Axl really needs to release a Album soon I mean he probably gets a lot of mone from the radio play of Guns :wow:. Anyway I mean I like everyone else here I guess would want a new album from Axl :shrugs:. But who knows what type of muisc will be on it :nervous:. Alos hopefully no DJ or else :drool:

Edited by Haters Gonna Hate

Pressure is a bitch but music bizna must be a whore, and I don't think she was born in the Biblical times (?) as the scriptures wrote in all of those dead languages (...) I was going to be that whore, don't you know that? hahahaha - wait, goin to wash the keyboard so it can suit any vocabulary of the well known all year round pseudo political masturbation & 'look at me, admire me' attitude...... I have been listening to rock for 20- 25 years out of the 32 I am, that's too fuckin much....

So few motherfuckers, if not many, it must have been so many!, they were not aware they were going to get fucked during their career, just like pretty much it has happened with every band, (hello?) its not down to individuals, its down to the industry itself, but get it too hypocritical, more than I could fuckin stand at times, when this had only to do with Axl, just like with everything else for years and years now, and so they had to go back and throw the ball of the well-known game " blame Axl". Because you see, if Axl cant stand it, then who could really?

so as we were informed by Matt, we must also be grateful that no one died, however, lets all just keep blaming Axl that at least someone was not drown in drugs or alcohol,,,, (lets see when Slash is going to get shitloads of drugs and whores, maybe he ll compose a song worth listening to since the only thing he had to say about cd was that it was good. While his fish and chips were great!)

Weird psychological games do not work with Sir Axl (as history & mags have shown). Those who did try 'reverse psychology' among many other, just to get a reaction by him or whatever was that they were lookin' for, were SIMPLY fuckin themselves, on reversed psychology mode, or whichever mode they were acting upon (or advised to do), and it is so lame and pathetic to see them doing this indirectly nowdays. I could not even watch then.....

Those fans who have grown up listening to this band and have a strong opinion, no matter who is their fav member and you need to really get this in your godddamn skull, cause I had the impression that they were a part of gnr but I remember Slash felt kinda different back int he VR era, as I was informed by him via Utube, so many fans back then have gone away and reject them overall, that's what has happened, (because you never know with the binza whore and her ideas really....) I can only express myself, I am somewhat amazed that I did not start spewing bullshit back to them, just like they used to do with Axl! I suppose I could not absorb the venom and regurgitate the pius, for what I could have done for my part, I had to leave Axl alone to deal with all that, and so now in 2012 I call myself a fan again, don't you know that?

He has integrity. The bizna whore, music industry, does not have. integrity. or balls. (But Slash didn't know that)

I am not quite sure for a few motherfuckers around who go on for years now, for so many fuckin years now, its unbelievable, pretending to themselves that they can also pretend to others that they act like they dont know him.

He is perfectionist, and you better listen to illusions if you didn't know that already, uhm read this again, but not to the point some used as their advantage to make it out to look like so it can work as a disadvantage towards Axl. Same ol, same ol..... -

They were back and forth accusing Axl that he hasnt changed at all while they keep saying the same bullshit for years now! LOL Does anyone remember really anymore? Axl apparently is such a complicated and difficult person to deal with, I bet you need gansta dogs with guns and shit, blowing n-bombs of da illest rhymes to each other, even deal with Axl who may as well sing lady alike ballads like don't cry and estranged but at the same time, he is so horrible! He is almost like a lady really, I mean who really composes shit songs like estranged?

They did enjoy pissing him off by acting that they don't even know him using the fact that they do know him but they went around sayin that they dont know him. (Never acted like that while close though, go closer and see what happens , what do I know, I am a Seymour song really according to Slash who is so cool and rnr, runnin around like a whore smilin' but when Slash was putting his head down and just playing, playing for hours, wouldn't care less, for gigs without stop then Axl was the big bad wolf, but we cannot cry tonight incase we haven't heard enough barkings already..... patience here, patience there, patience everywhere......... and if the ex-gnr members didnt help towards that, then it must have been Axl.

This MOFOS. is MY opinion. I do not represent bizna whore, just FYI.

" I m ducked the fuck down while I'm writin this rhyme cause I'm probably gonna get struck with lightnin this time............ "

Wow, it's like the drunk guy on the street corner logged in and decided to post.

Dear Axl,

Please reunite with Slash and Steven Adler and join them in making the type of cliched, tired buttrock they want so desperately to make. Absolutely do not release any more of the Brain/Buckethead era GnR songs. Under no circumstances should you record new material with your current lineup. Thanks.

What part of "not in this lifetime" don't you people understand?

Axl will NEVER reunite with Slash, Duff and Steven. It's just not going to happen.

I think the new band Axl has now is one of the best. Slash, Duff and Steven and even Matt have all gone their separate ways and have different bands, so that's that!

It's just stupid to continue to want something that's not ever ever going to happen!

God, be glad Axl is still touring with a band that's he finally happy with.

As for new music, yeah that would be awesome and it would prove to everyone that this is GNR now. Maybe one day it'll happen, but I don't think anyone is going to talk Axl into anything he doesn't want to do.

I know I wouldn't until I wanted to do it.

Dear Axl,

Axl will NEVER reunite with Slash, Duff and Steven. It's just not going to happen.

I think the new band Axl has now is one of the best. Slash, Duff and Steven and even Matt have all gone their separate ways and have different bands, so that's that!

It's just stupid to continue to want something that's not ever ever going to happen!

As for new music, yeah that would be awesome and it would prove to everyone that this is GNR now. Maybe one day it'll happen, but I don't think anyone is going to talk Axl into anything he doesn't want to do.

Do you hear a whooshing sound over your head? You missed the point of his post entirely. I mean, wow. Nice lecture though, i bet you practiced it.

Pressure is a bitch but music bizna must be a whore, and I don't think she was born in the Biblical times (?) as the scriptures wrote in all of those dead languages (...) I was going to be that whore, don't you know that? hahahaha - wait, goin to wash the keyboard so it can suit any vocabulary of the well known all year round pseudo political masturbation & 'look at me, admire me' attitude...... I have been listening to rock for 20- 25 years out of the 32 I am, that's too fuckin much....

So few motherfuckers, if not many, it must have been so many!, they were not aware they were going to get fucked during their career, just like pretty much it has happened with every band, (hello?) its not down to individuals, its down to the industry itself, but get it too hypocritical, more than I could fuckin stand at times, when this had only to do with Axl, just like with everything else for years and years now, and so they had to go back and throw the ball of the well-known game " blame Axl". Because you see, if Axl cant stand it, then who could really?

so as we were informed by Matt, we must also be grateful that no one died, however, lets all just keep blaming Axl that at least someone was not drown in drugs or alcohol,,,, (lets see when Slash is going to get shitloads of drugs and whores, maybe he ll compose a song worth listening to since the only thing he had to say about cd was that it was good. While his fish and chips were great!)

Weird psychological games do not work with Sir Axl (as history & mags have shown). Those who did try 'reverse psychology' among many other, just to get a reaction by him or whatever was that they were lookin' for, were SIMPLY fuckin themselves, on reversed psychology mode, or whichever mode they were acting upon (or advised to do), and it is so lame and pathetic to see them doing this indirectly nowdays. I could not even watch then.....

Those fans who have grown up listening to this band and have a strong opinion, no matter who is their fav member and you need to really get this in your godddamn skull, cause I had the impression that they were a part of gnr but I remember Slash felt kinda different back int he VR era, as I was informed by him via Utube, so many fans back then have gone away and reject them overall, that's what has happened, (because you never know with the binza whore and her ideas really....) I can only express myself, I am somewhat amazed that I did not start spewing bullshit back to them, just like they used to do with Axl! I suppose I could not absorb the venom and regurgitate the pius, for what I could have done for my part, I had to leave Axl alone to deal with all that, and so now in 2012 I call myself a fan again, don't you know that?

He has integrity. The bizna whore, music industry, does not have. integrity. or balls. (But Slash didn't know that)

I am not quite sure for a few motherfuckers around who go on for years now, for so many fuckin years now, its unbelievable, pretending to themselves that they can also pretend to others that they act like they dont know him.

He is perfectionist, and you better listen to illusions if you didn't know that already, uhm read this again, but not to the point some used as their advantage to make it out to look like so it can work as a disadvantage towards Axl. Same ol, same ol..... -

They were back and forth accusing Axl that he hasnt changed at all while they keep saying the same bullshit for years now! LOL Does anyone remember really anymore? Axl apparently is such a complicated and difficult person to deal with, I bet you need gansta dogs with guns and shit, blowing n-bombs of da illest rhymes to each other, even deal with Axl who may as well sing lady alike ballads like don't cry and estranged but at the same time, he is so horrible! He is almost like a lady really, I mean who really composes shit songs like estranged?

They did enjoy pissing him off by acting that they don't even know him using the fact that they do know him but they went around sayin that they dont know him. (Never acted like that while close though, go closer and see what happens , what do I know, I am a Seymour song really according to Slash who is so cool and rnr, runnin around like a whore smilin' but when Slash was putting his head down and just playing, playing for hours, wouldn't care less, for gigs without stop then Axl was the big bad wolf, but we cannot cry tonight incase we haven't heard enough barkings already..... patience here, patience there, patience everywhere......... and if the ex-gnr members didnt help towards that, then it must have been Axl.

" I m ducked the fuck down while I'm writin this rhyme cause I'm probably gonna get struck with lightnin this time............ "

Wow, it's like the drunk guy on the street corner logged in and decided to post.

So much time dedicated to a post almost no one will have the balls to even begin to read.

I thought it was Snoop's and Eminem's illegitamate chile.

Just a thought really.

Stop saying "we."

Agreed! Unless you have a mouse in your pocket or multiiple personalities.

I refuse to be part of your "WE", leave me out.

Dear Axl,

I think you missed the point of his post.

Dear Axl,

I think you missed the point of his post.

Right over the head of the clueless

Just a thought really.

really good thought. reverse psychology is mandatory