The Stones are rehearsing for possible dates later this year

classicrawker

Got this from the Stones Yahoo group I belong to..........would love to see them one more time before they can't do it anymore especially if Bill and Mick T join them as guests

Speaking in London at a new exhibition of 50 years of pictures of the band,

the rocker said the boys had been rehearsing their huge back catalogue in

the States.

He added: “We had a good play in New York five days ago. We did 50 songs in

five days. It was brilliant.”

He also said: “What we do is live in hope and hopefully this week we’ll unfold

some plans.”

Former bassist Bill Wyman has also rehearsed with the band and Ronnie said:

“It’s like he’d never been away.”

Keith Richards admitted this week that the Stones have met up but would not

say when he would be performing live again with Ronnie, Mick Jagger and

drummer Charlie Watts.

But he did say: “We’re playing around with the idea and had a couple of

rehearsals. We’ve got together and it feels so good.”

They could always take up Michael Eavis’s offer to play at Glastonbury.

At the exhibition Sir Mick said: “It feels really good, if a little long in

the tooth – l’m just kidding. It’s quite surprising. It does seem a long

time but I’m really happy about it.”

Back in the day they would have grabbed the fittest groupies and gone straight

to The Grove hotel for a tear-up – but things are far more subdued these

days.

Mick added: “I’m going to take my daughters (Georgia and Elizabeth) out.”

Charlie did a fine job working the crowded room in his incredible tailored

suit.

Rolling Stones 50, A Photographic Exhibition, with free entry, opens at

London’s Somerset House, today. If you’re a fan, go.

The Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger has said that the band didn't agree to play The

Olympics opening ceremony because they weren't 'stage ready'.

Speaking to ITN – via Rolling Stone - in a video which you can see below, Jagger said: "I didn't think, to

be honest, we were quite stage ready. We haven't played in a long time

and we weren't really stage-ready, and it's a very big gig and it's very risk-taking. I didn't think the band themselves felt they were really

ready to do it at this point."

However, he added that the band do want to play some shows later this

year. "We hope we're going to do some gigs this year. We haven't

actually finalised them, but we hope we're going to do some gigs. We've

done rehearsing, hanging out together and all that discussing so you

know, we've been seeing each other quite a lot."

Keith Richards has also confirmed that The Rolling Stones are rehearsing together once again. The band celebrate the 50th

anniversary of their first ever gig today (July 12) and Richards has

said that they are now back playing together again after a lengthy

break.

Speaking to BBC News, Richards said of the band's current status: "There's things in the

works - I think it's definitely happening. But when? I can't say yet.

We're playing around with the idea and had a couple of rehearsals -

we've got together and it feels so good."

Richards was speaking as a new photography exhibition called The Rolling Stones: 50 opens at London's Somerset House. The free exhibition will be held from July 13-August 27 in the landmark venue's East Wing Galleries and will

coincide with the release of a book of the same time. The book will

feature 700 shots and words from the band on their history, and will hit UK bookshops today.

To read more about The Rolling Stones' 50th anniversary, pick up the next issue of NME, which includes a

celebration of the band's amazing career. It is on newsstands next

Wednesday (July 18) or available digitally.

get in!!!! thank fuck for that, i thought i'd never see em in my lifetime.

Seen em 25+ times over the years and they always put on a great show...tickets won't be cheap as I hear rumours they won't do a full blown tour but instead do an extended residency in some big cities like London, NYC and L.A. but your in for a treat if they do play and you can grab a ticket....especially if Bill Wyman plays with them and Mick T does a guest spot for a few songs..........

Edited by classicrawker

Twickenham back in 03(?) was one of the best gigs I've ever seen! Reckon Bill'll have a pocketful of lollipops for the kiddies in the front? ;) Seriously why wasn't he given more shit for being a fucking nonce?

Guest Len B'stard

I wanna see em in a club. I'm gonna hang about with a dumpload of cash when the tours announced and wait for some fuckin' 100 Club gig...they always happen, don't they? And they sneak em in right when you've blown your wad already on some O2 dates or something, the cheeky cunts.

Twickenham back in 03(?) was one of the best gigs I've ever seen! Reckon Bill'll have a pocketful of lollipops for the kiddies in the front? Seriously why wasn't he given more shit for being a fucking nonce?

A certain level of musical excellence excludes you from that sort of thing. Example, Jerry Lee Lewis. Or Jacko. Gary Glitter was too naff to cut it so he gets the full nonce monty but Bill Wyman? Come on maaannn, it's Bill Wyman. Oliver Reed too, he found his last wife coming off a school bus, in fact he openly admitted that he went hunting for a younger bird cuz you can train em up better :lol: God i love Ollie Reed, what a fuckin' champion :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

Twickenham back in 03(?) was one of the best gigs I've ever seen! Reckon Bill'll have a pocketful of lollipops for the kiddies in the front? ;) Seriously why wasn't he given more shit for being a fucking nonce?

Their rock stars mate and I am sure they all had their taste of an underage bird from time to time...does not seem to be an issue in the music community........... :shrugs:

Really hope they get it together one last time and that Mick T joins them for a few songs...Keef has said he is up for it but it is up to Mick Jagger and since Mick T played on a song on the deluxe Exile album it sounds like it is a possiblity.............would be a fucking killer 50th anniversary bash if those tow play with the band

Edited by classicrawker

Keef did give him a public thrashing when he quit but to Bill's credit he did not do any trash talking so he is still one of the family even if a bit estranged...really hope they get it together one last time and that Mick T joins them for a few songs...Keef has said he is up for it but it is up to Mick Jagger and since Mick T played on a song on the deluxe Exile album it sounds like it is a possiblity.............would be a fucking killer 50th anniversary bash if those tow play with the band

Yeah I was on about him kicking a 14 year old's back doors in mate. ;)

Keef did give him a public thrashing when he quit but to Bill's credit he did not do any trash talking so he is still one of the family even if a bit estranged...really hope they get it together one last time and that Mick T joins them for a few songs...Keef has said he is up for it but it is up to Mick Jagger and since Mick T played on a song on the deluxe Exile album it sounds like it is a possiblity.............would be a fucking killer 50th anniversary bash if those tow play with the band

Yeah I caught on after the fact changed my OP...there does not seem to be an age limit with Rock stars..........

Guest Len B'stard

Bill Wyman sort of looks like a lollipop man too, don't you think? I could just imagine him in one of them flourescent coats helping kiddies across the road (and into the back of his van on the other side :lol:)

I can't wait for the documentary. There's also a LOT of music videos that have never been released on DVD. They did "Video Rewind" about 30 years ago, but with the entire catalog under Universal, should be able to put something comprehensive out. They're still going to roll out their bootleg series.

It sounded like the doc's come together pretty quickly, and how they found material no one's ever seen before, when there's tons of bootlegged videos, have no idea what else could be out there.

When it comes out, we'll prob. hear what the Stones have planned, they'll prob. have a better idea of how the show is going to turn out.

Based on what they've said before, they'll prob. do some of the albums from beginning to end, and have Wyman & Taylor take part in those shows. Odds are likely they'll do a run at London's O2.

I think as much as they want to scale it down a bit, they're prob. going to try to take some of the ideas from U2 360 and do some stadium shows. I don't see them just doing theaters, and not make it into a spectacle.

Shepard Fairey's prob. going to be doing tour t-shirts and posters.

And with the Stones catalog being with Universal and still some repackaging projects still in the works (Sticky Fingers, Let It Bleed, Beggars Banquet, Goats Head Soup and Tattoo You were mentioned in the past), we'll prob. wind up hearing more "new" Stones songs.

Bill Wyman sort of looks like a lollipop man too, don't you think? I could just imagine him in one of them flourescent coats helping kiddies across the road (and into the back of his van on the other side :lol:)

If you ever read his biography he spends a good amount to time bragging about all the birds he shagged so I don't think his standards are that high............

Yeah I caught on after the fact changed my OP...there does not seem to be an age limit with Rock stars..........

Tell that to Thai immigration next time Gary Glitter needs a vacation. :P

Guest Len B'stard

If you ever read his biography he spends a good amount to time bragging about all the birds he shagged so I don't think his standards are that high............

In his defence too, all these birds The Beatles/Stones/Who etc shagged, i mean, early on in their career it was quite young kids coming to their gigs, especially The Beatles, i'm sure they weren't asking for I.D. before they impaled them indiscriminately.

Tell that to Thai immigration next time Gary Glitter needs a vacation

They should send him up your ends, save the taxpayers some money. Saturday Night in Stockport'll sort him right out...whether he likes it or not :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

They're still going to roll out their bootleg series.

Already happened mate...I have the first three, 73, 75 and 81 downloads which are sensational and they just announced the latest from Japan 1990..

http://www.stonesarchivestore.com/

They have also released several DVD gems including the 72 concert film "Ladies and Gentlemen", the 1978 concert film from Ft Worth which is fantastic and the latest is the 1981 Checkerboard Lounge show with Muddy Waters..

After year of us Stones fans waiting they are finally opening the vaults

Edited by classicrawker

They should send him up your ends, save the taxpayers some money. Saturday Night in Stockport'll sort him right out...whether he likes it or not :lol:

Got to catch em young round 'ere to be fair! Go much over 7 or 8 and you'll be pissing razor blades for weeks! :lol:

Tell that to Thai immigration next time Gary Glitter needs a vacation. :P

I saw a video of Jimmy Page hanging at a expat bar in Pattaya, fundraising event, pretty easy to figure out which bar it was). I know he was there for the orphans and whatnot, but some of you know why people really go "vacation" there. Perfect city for a reality show.