Axl's vocal training/coaches

I remember reading a quote from the vocal coach who prepared Axl for the Appetite for Destruction recording sessions, saying that Axl had an amazing voice but that when she heard the Use Your Illusion albums the first time, she was devastated because of how much his voice had deteriorated/how his technique had changed in that short span of time.

Marc - how much did Axl's voice change through vocal training? Do you remember some of the coaches he worked with?

I bought some book about 10 years ago that had a forward written by Axl - it was written by a coach whose technique was more "airy, head voice", and she didn't place emphasis on vibrato. I'm guessing that's who Axl trained with before the first NewGNR tours. I'll see if I can find it on Amazon.

Edited by Freddie Mercury's Ghost

I remember reading a quote from the vocal coach who prepared Axl for the Appetite for Destruction recording sessions, saying that Axl had an amazing voice but that when she heard the Use Your Illusion albums the first time, she was devastated because of how much his voice had deteriorated/how his technique had changed in that short span of time.

Marc - how much did Axl's voice change through vocal training? Do you remember some of the coaches he worked with?

I bought some book about 10 years ago that had a forward written by Axl - it was written by a coach whose technique was more "airy, head voice", and she didn't place emphasis on vibrato. I'm guessing that's who Axl trained with before the first NewGNR tours. I'll see if I can find it on Amazon.

I don't know. The only one I remember was the lady I used to drive Axl to when the band got signed. It was near Santa Monica and Vine. I know latter he used to worm up before a gig using things he learned from coaches

I don't know. The only one I remember was the lady I used to drive Axl to when the band got signed. It was near Santa Monica and Vine. I know latter he used to worm up before a gig using things he learned from coaches

Was it Elizabeth Sabine? -

http://www.elizabethsabine.net/eshome.html

I bought her book "Strengthening Your Singing Voice" and it had the forward from Axl.

Here's a 1989 article about her work with Axl:

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20120299,00.html

Now Sabine, whose vocal coaching sometimes resembles primal-scream therapy, has attracted a notable roster of clients, both belters and speakers, rockers and actors. Guns n' Roses' serpentine frontman, Axl Rose, sought her aid to strengthen the high notes in his voice.