Marc: Thoughts on VR/Scott Weiland and Slash's supposed visit to Axl's home

Hi Marc

First off, I think this is absolutely amazing that you've decided to do this. Also I purchased Reckless Road on my iPhone some time back and it is a great read/listen.

I have three questions:

1. How did you perceive VR to be? Was Scott Weiland a great fit or simply someone whose name was famous enough to work with ex-GNR members? On some level, was this Slash and Duff's response to Axl continuing GNR w/out them?

2. In your opinion, what's VR's future?

3. What was the real story behind Slash's visit to Axl's home that one time? Do you think Slash really went there and said the negative things about VR that Axl/Beta claim?

Edited by hellobeatle

2. What was the real story behind Slash's visit to Axl's home that one time? Do you think Slash really went there and said the negative things about VR that Axl/Beta claim?

I know I'm not Marc, but Slash himself has said that he went to Axl's house that night.

In his autobiography he states that he wrote a note and gave it to Beta. (I'm guessing - he said he gave it to Axl's assistant)

Hi Marc

First off, I think this is absolutely amazing that you've decided to do this. Also I purchased Reckless Road on my iPhone some time back and it is a great read/listen.

I have three questions:

1. How did you perceive VR to be? Was Scott Weiland a great fit or simply someone whose name was famous enough to work with ex-GNR members? On some level, was this Slash and Duff's response to Axl continuing GNR w/out them?

3. What was the real story behind Slash's visit to Axl's home that one time? Do you think Slash really went there and said the negative things about VR that Axl/Beta claim?

I really liked the first VR record. Scott was a good fit for that music. Slash and Duff did some things on there own and felt it was time to start working together again. This had nothing to do with what Axl was doing. Slash went to Axl's house to try to work out a lawsuit. The note said lets work this out or something like that. Perla was the one who pushed Slash to try to get back with Axl. She wanted a reunion more then anyone. As far as Slash talking shit about the VR guys, I'm sure it was true. Why did he lie about it at first, because he would have broke his bridge in VR if he didn't. In this case I would have also lied. Who wouldn't have? He tried to patch things up with Axl and if Scott knew about it, VR would have been over. This was the reason Slash didn't get up on stage with Steven in 2007 20th year gig. Scott was putting too much presser not to do some kind of reunion.

Edited by recklessroad

Scott Weland has mentioned according to his perspective there was the possibility of a GNR reunion. Do you know anything about this? What is Scott talking about here?

When asked if an alternative to this heated situation between him and the rest of VELVET REVOLVER would that they all cool off, do their separate projects and then regroup and see how the land lies, Weiland replied, "I think they should get GUNS N' ROSES back together, to tell you the truth. I think that would be the greatest thing that they could do. I think the world would be very happy. If they could stop talking trash about Axl [Rose, GN'R singer] in the press. It almost happened. The pens were ready to sign. With the 'Greatest Hits', there was a possibility [of a reunion], but there was too much stuff being said. But it was a close call. I would love to see that happen, as a GUNS N' ROSES fan. I'd pay to see it."

Edited by WhazUp

Hi Marc

I have three questions:

I really liked the first VR record. Scott was a good fit for that music. Slash and Duff did some things on there own and felt it was time to start working together again. This had nothing to do with what Axl was doing. Slash went to Axl's house to try to work out a lawsuit. The note said lets work this out or something like that. Perla was the one who pushed Slash to try to get back with Axl. She wanted a reunion more then anyone. As far as Slash talking shit about the VR guys, I'm sure it was true. Why did he lie about it at first, because he would have broke his bridge in VR if he didn't. In this case I would have also lied. Who wouldn't have? He trid to patch things up with Axl and if Scott knew about it, VR would have been over. This was the reason Slash didn't get up on stage with Steven in 2007 20th year gig. Scott was putting too much presser not to do some kind of reunion.

Thanks Marc! I respect your openness!

Edited by recklessroad

Hi Marc

I have three questions:

I really liked the first VR record. Scott was a good fit for that music. Slash and Duff did some things on there own and felt it was time to start working together again. This had nothing to do with what Axl was doing. Slash went to Axl's house to try to work out a lawsuit. The note said lets work this out or something like that. Perla was the one who pushed Slash to try to get back with Axl. She wanted a reunion more then anyone. As far as Slash talking shit about the VR guys, I'm sure it was true. Why did he lie about it at first, because he would have broke his bridge in VR if he didn't. In this case I would have also lied. Who wouldn't have? He trid to patch things up with Axl and if Scott knew about it, VR would have been over. This was the reason Slash didn't get up on stage with Steven in 2007 20th year gig. Scott was putting too much presser not to do some kind of reunion.

So Slash did talk to Axl? Because the two stories don't gel, if he handed over the note to an assistant, why would he trash VR to that random person? It seems the type of thing said directly to Axl.

So Slash did talk to Axl? Because the two stories don't gel, if he handed over the note to an assistant, why would he trash VR to that random person? It seems the type of thing said directly to Axl.

Plus, didn't Axl comment on it in a lawsuit he filed? I doubt he would commit perjury just to mess with VR's heads.

Beta is not a random person.Babooshka may think of Beta as an "assistant," but she is obviously far more than that.

This isn't a debate section for members,please keep that in mind.

Beta is not a random person. If Slash wanted to try to convince Axl of anything, convincing Beta would be important as well. I've spoken to Beta about the incident with Slash and I do believe what she claimed. Babooshka may think of Beta as an "assistant," but she is obviously far more than that. I do believe that Slash would plead his case to Beta if he was eager to bury the hatchet with Axl.

I do not think Beta is a random assistant, that would be too kind, I just did not know that Slash handed the note to her. Not that it matters, it only makes Axl's allegations even more fanciful.

• Like 1