Will Whole Lotta Rosie be on the next record?

wasted

Wonder if they recorded it when they were doing the other covers for TSI? If not, wonder why they didn't...

I'd actually like to see members of AC/DC join GNR on stage and do it, or Axl at an AC/DC concert.

Still, no one sings it like Bon...

The current line-up up plays a mean Whole Lotta Rosie, but I don't want to see any covers on the next record unless it's a double album. We've had such little music from the band post-2001 and literally nothing from the current incarnation so I want them to worry more about originals than covers.

Wasn't it on the self titled EP?

Yes, "Live from the Jungle" or whatever it was called. I think it only got released in Japan. In any event, that was a live version (the most common version that floats around from the old band).

This is the type of thing where you can get creative and use technology to your advantage in terms of making different versions of albums/additional content available to the public for purchase without spending any money on packaging/distribution

-New album, $9.99 (14 new songs)

-New album, deluxe version, $12.99 (14 new songs + 8 new digital download bonus songs - release encompasses all 22 CD era songs), or $14.99 including digital downloads of CD era cover songs

-Box set, $49.99 (special casing, accompanying "book" with pictures, 14 new songs, 8 new bonus songs on disc, studio versions of "CD era" cover songs (Whole Lotta Rosie, Riff Raff, Dead Flowers, Sailing, etc.), re-packaged Chinese Democracy album with correct book/artwork, other items could be included)

Edited by shotgunblues1978

At this point, with one album in the last 10 years, Axl shouldn't use one spot on the upcomming album on a song the band has been covering for several years. Those 15 song openings are like Gold in the GnR world, as there might not be another album of material until 2020.

If we aren't going to get another album until say 5 years after CD....and then not another one until 5-6 years after that........would you really want one of those 15 songs to be a cover? One that we've heard live 2000 times already.

I'm not sure why the OP considers the Whole Lot of Rosie cover akin to Knockin' On Heaven's Door or Live and Let Die. In both of those songs GNR made it their own by incorporating their own sound into the mix. While I think GNR's cover is great, it sounds too similar to the AC/DC version. I don't hear anything really new like I do with KOHD or LALD.

If they're going to include a cover (which, like many commentators have already mentioned, is not preferable IMO), I'd prefer something that they really sounds different to the original. Sailing or Dead Flowers would be a better fit since Axl's vocals and the heavy guitars really makes those songs sound different than their respective originals.

Cheers,

Andrew

That's probably true if you throw a cover on CD might sound out of place. If not Rosie then they need to re-write Eye of the Tiger or come up with a big rocker.

Just think maybe the next record might not be as focused as CD. It could be the sound of freedom with songs from past and present, Bucket and Dj, covers, maybe an instrumental.