Marc: Why does Axl hate Slash more than the others?

Axl still has the main weight on his shoulder for breaking up what could have become the next Rolling Stones.

And before people argue that Slash left etc......you know pretty well that the no-re-union is ONLY because of Axl, it's only his decision fucking up all what could have been or still could be! That includes not giving the armee of classic GN'R fans what they would like to have, hear and see. i just hope he frequently recognises that WE made him his lifestyle he has in the 1st place, doubt he does though - as that could be too much for his shoulders.

Not really, they both wanted different things and and something had to give between them. Slash did blame Axl verbally in the press and Axl kept quiet for a long time until it exploded . Also because of some misunderstandings, Axl was not aware of things that were told to Slash by the management so he also blames Slash for lying about some things. In the end Axl was hurt by a lot of the things that Slash said in the press. True or not it was still hurtful to Axl.

However Axl never got any real counseling for all that stuff and doesn't know how to deal with it and is just convinced that Slash is the bad man and can no longer see that there is a way to heal that. Its is true that Axl does hold the key to them talking again but is not able to see it. So its not his fault that he is unable to see that. Its just they way he is wired.

what is frustrating is that the five original members (Matt also) are alive, despite all of the drugs & alcohol abuse. So many rock legends have turned into tragedy... the "tragedy" of Gnr is not early deaths but that the band has exploded in full glory... maybe one day they will all understand the "chance" that they have to be alive and to be able (if they want) to play together again

Axl still has the main weight on his shoulder for breaking up what could have become the next Rolling Stones.

And before people argue that Slash left etc......you know pretty well that the no-re-union is ONLY because of Axl, it's only his decision fucking up all what could have been or still could be! That includes not giving the armee of classic GN'R fans what they would like to have, hear and see. i just hope he frequently recognises that WE made him his lifestyle he has in the 1st place, doubt he does though - as that could be too much for his shoulders.

Not really, they both wanted different things and and something had to give between them. Slash did blame Axl verbally in the press and Axl kept quiet for a long time until it exploded . Also because of some misunderstandings, Axl was not aware of things that were told to Slash by the management so he also blames Slash for lying about some things. In the end Axl was hurt by a lot of the things that Slash said in the press. True or not it was still hurtful to Axl.

However Axl never got any real counseling for all that stuff and doesn't know how to deal with it and is just convinced that Slash is the bad man and can no longer see that there is a way to heal that. Its is true that Axl does hold the key to them talking again but is not able to see it. So its not his fault that he is unable to see that. Its just they way he is wired.

Sorry but this is not only about the things Slash said to the media. For that matter Izzy, Duff, Adler, Sorum, Erin, Stephanie, and half the world have said bad things about Axl. Big part of the problem here is that Axl is incaplable to see his own mistakes. For exaple being 2 or more hours late for shows. He can´t expect Slash and other band members to congratulate him for that. Dizzy was brought into the band by Axl without consulting his band mates, same case with Paul Tobbias.

I understand Axl not liking Slash songs. But I also understand Slash and everyone else being feed up with Axl

Axl LOVED Slash. When you love someone so much and they disappoint you, the hate for them is equally big. Axl didn't love Izzy, Duff or Steven that way, his anger was temporary because they didn't disappoint him the way Slash did.

If Axl thinks Slash stole 15 years of his life that means he had all his eggs in Slash basket. Slash was HIS guitarist and Axl couldn't stand seeing him flirting with other artists and not wanting to stay and keep GNR alive. Apparently, Axl is that kind of person who is very jealous of friends and relationships he has and don't want to share them with anyone else. It is certainly a flaw but that's the way he is.

There may be many other things between them we don't know. Slash may play fool but he won't tell us either.

Axl never "loved" Slash. Axl said so himself. Something along lines of 'Slash should have left after AFD or never been in Guns in the 1st place'.

Axl's default mode is butthurt, though. I think there was a friendship when the band first started, but tinyrobot's idea that they were close by the time Izzy left is contrary to everything I've ever heard/read. I suspect it owes more to the fact that Slash was the one member he simply couldn't afford to lose without having to start everything from scratch. And the fact that he dared to be somewhat successful afterwards.

I usually wind up at a conclusion similiar to yours. But then there was that line Axl gave about Slash being on the ego ramp and out front/center stage. Honestly,I liked when Slash did that. Him an Axl shared alot of cool photos together out on the ego ramp.

Do you know if Axl read Slash book? That must have hurt him so badly. Slash book is very mean towards Axl.

What management told things to Slash? Team Brazil?

It is really sad he didn't get counseling as you say and I wonder what kind of people he has around, who don't help him cope with one of his biggest issues. Those ones who say they love him.. why don't they help the man?

Slash ended up regretting the things he said. Not like a public apology but I've seen him talking with regret in several TV interview he gave recently. How come Axl don't see that as a sign of peace?

It's a shame, but if you've ever been seriously hurt/betrayed/whatever by a close friend, getting back together to "do your thing" isn't a top priority, even if you have a burying of the hatchet.

The ship has sailed, boys, time to move on. Relationships get damaged to the point of no repair. I'm not even sure why people want a reunion that badly. It's nice in theory, but they're at such different points creatively that it wouldn't necessarily work out and how long would it be before each other's idiosyncrasies started tearing them apart again?

And if they can't/won't record or write anything new, what's left? A multi-gazillion dollar deal to rehash the past and play the hits, but potentially have it all fall apart for personal and creative differences again, leaving band members hurt and bashing one another in the press again? Pass.

• Like 1

My personal wish is that Axl can let go of that hate in first place. If he could just forgive and forget, it would heal his soul.

As for being friends with Slash again, I have no hopes but if he thinks he can fix that relationship, it will always be good. As for reunion and the rest of selfish fantasies some fans harbor, I say no- Unless Axl wants it and Slash too and Duff and the other ex-members. I love the band with all of its line-ups but I dont feel like they owe anything to us or that they have to do things to please the fans.

These men are all in their 50's. Did a lot of shows and created amazing music. I think its time for them to have peace in their lives.

• Like 1

Do you know if Axl read Slash book?

CA: You are about the only original GN'R member not to have written down your memories - did you read any of them or were you consulted about them writing about events that involved you?

AR: I read Slash's to have an idea what I might be facing then, but haven't read anyone else's. And no I haven't been consulted about anything with anyone.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/the-craziest-axl-rose-interview-ever/story-e6frfn09-1226593423630

• Like 1

What management told things to Slash? Team Brazil?

Doug Goldstein in the first place

Axl hates Slash more than the others because it was still guns n roses with Slash. He could replace everyone except for Slash, and Slash chooses to leave!

Axl probably felt he couldn't afford to lose Slash and when it actually happened it probably sent Axl into a bit of shock. He started to blame Slash for things that weren't even his fault. Years of placing blame on one person can make you resent that person.

I'm guessing psychologically this would be the reason for the hate.

The ultimate falling out between Steven and Axl was when Adler got Erin Everly high on heroin. Axl doesn't like that shit.

Seymour's drug use is documented. Maybe she was pissed as Axl one day and to take it out on him, got high with Slash and fucked him.

I can't think of any other betrayal that warrants such bitter uncompromising hatred other than a friend drugging and fucking you woman.

No basis in truth in this is anyway....just the only thing I could possibly think of.

Kinda echoes Del's story Without You in some small way.

Please refrain from using personal insults.

Also, we would prefer to keep this section of the forum free from disparaging and overtly judgmental posts relating to the band and it's former and present members. We are fortunate to have someone like Marc provide his personal insights, experiences, and opinions with the GNR fan base. We would appreciate it if posters could refrain from the petty squabbles that often choke up threads in other parts of the forum.

Thanks!