Do you think drugs impact people's lives negatively or favorably?

arnold layne

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Len B'stard

Now i ain't saying the brandy won the war.

Hitler was teetotal. Just sayin' ;) Also what about good old Dennis? :)

EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY, YES!!, THANK YOU!!!

So sink em all night lads ;)

I think it's entirely down to the person taking them.

I smoke weed regularly, study my Masters at uni full time (I got two HD's last semester), have an office job in IT (scaled back to 25 hours a week for Uni), help run this place and I'm working to get a band off the ground with a friend. It's a busy schedule.

I enjoy it, and manage to function just fine. That's not to say I haven't seen people negatively affected by weed - but generally those people have other issues (depression, for example) that lead to them abusing the drug instead of enjoying it sensibly.

Religion! Opiate of the masses! ;)

I've never touched that drug.

Filthy business I've heard! I've fucked a lot of things when high but never a choir boy!

I've heard that if you touch it, it will touch you back.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Religion! Opiate of the masses! ;)

I've never touched that drug.

Filthy business I've heard! I've fucked a lot of things when high but never a choir boy!

I've hear that if you touch it, it will touch you back.

It's when you're in court and it's pointing at a doll to show them where you touched it that you're in bother. :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opium_of_the_people

"Religion is the opium of the people" is one of the most frequently paraphrased statements of Karl Marx. It was translated from the German original, "Die Religion ... ist das Opium des Volkes" and is often referred to as "religion is the opiate of the masses." The quotation originates from the introduction of his 1843 work Contribution to Critique of Hegel's Philosophy of Right which was subsequently released one year later in Marx's own journal Deutsch-Französische Jahrbücher, a collaboration with Arnold Ruge. The phrase "This opium you feed your people" appeared in 1797 in Marquis de Sade's text L'Histoire de Juliette and Novalis's "[R]eligion acts merely as an opiate" around the same time. The full quote from Karl Marx is as follows: "Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people".

"Volkes" - would generally refer to people (see: http://www.dict.cc/german-english/Volk.html).