Can someone explain what is eligible to be discussed from 1985

vaida

HALL OF FAME / ORIGINAL GN'R

FORMER GUNNERS (1985 - 2008)

Can someone explain what is eligible to be discussed from 1985 and posted in FORMER GUNNERS (1985 - 2008) as anything that is eligible should surly be posted in HALL OF FAME / ORIGINAL GN'R

Guest Gunns

I think the message that the mods were trying to get across to you in the last 5 threads you've made on this, is "Fuck Off".

Just trying to help out :)

You can spend some time reading the GUIDE TO THE DIFFERENT SECTIONS - it might help.

To answer your question though - if I wanted to make a thread about Matt Sorum's drumming whilst he was in GN'R, I would make it in the Hall of Fame section. The Hall of Fame section is for GN'R related discussion for the "old" band.

If I wanted to make a thread about his solo album, I'd put it in Former Gunners, because it doesn't relate to his time in GN'R. Does this now make sense?

You can spend some time reading the GUIDE TO THE DIFFERENT SECTIONS - it might help.

To answer your question though - if I wanted to make a thread about Matt Sorum's drumming whilst he was in GN'R, I would make it in the Hall of Fame section. The Hall of Fame section is for GN'R related discussion for the "old" band.

If I wanted to make a thread about his solo album, I'd put it in Former Gunners, because it doesn't relate to his time in GN'R. Does this now make sense?

Or to put it a little more succinctly. DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! :rolleyes:

I think the main question here is...

Why would you want to? :lol:

In the HALL OF FAME / ORIGINAL GN'R section they list: Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven. Maybe Axl should be on the list, along with Matt Sorum, Gilby Clarke, Dizzy Reed.

ORIGINAL GN'R: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Adler.

HALL OF FAME GN'R appears to include Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Adler, Matt Sorum, Gilby Clark, Dizzy Reed

I get the impression the HALL OF FAME GN'R relates to the success of the albums AFD and UYI & UYI II and the people who worked on them.

In the HALL OF FAME / ORIGINAL GN'R section they list: Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven. Maybe Axl should be on the list, along with Matt Sorum, Gilby Clarke, Dizzy Reed.

Why on earth would Axl have a separate category when he is the de facto leader of Guns N' Roses? Discussion and News is essentially a place to discuss Axl Rose. The subforums for Slash, Duff, et al. are basically to discuss their current projects - solo albums, books, whatever. Anything relevant to Axl's current projects would by default involve GN'R, so it makes no sense to have a forum for him.

As for the other names you mentioned -- we had a long discussion about who should be included in the Hall of Fame category and who should get their own subforums, and the decision as of now is final and we have no plans to change the layout. Subs and Zint and now highvoltage have all made this clear to you, and now I'm making it clear. Not trying to be rude but your questioning is getting a little odd - not sure why you can't just accept that Gilby and Matt et al are being combined into the Former Gunners section?

I get the impression the HALL OF FAME GN'R relates to the success of the albums AFD and UYI & UYI II and the people who worked on them.

Hall of Fame GN'R relates to the people who were what most people perceive to be the 'classic lineup' and the ones who are most popular and active - Slash, Duff, et al. FORMER GUNNERS is for anyone else (Matt, Gilby, Teddy Zigzag if you must).

I don't really understand why you're having a hard time 'getting it'? Does this clarify?

Why on earth would Axl have a separate category when he is the de facto leader of Guns N' Roses? Discussion and News is essentially a place to discuss Axl Rose. The subforums for Slash, Duff, et al. are basically to discuss their current projects - solo albums, books, whatever. Anything relevant to Axl's current projects would by default involve GN'R, so it makes no sense to have a forum for him.

As for the other names you mentioned -- we had a long discussion about who should be included in the Hall of Fame category and who should get their own subforums, and the decision as of now is final and we have no plans to change the layout. Subs and Zint and now highvoltage have all made this clear to you, and now I'm making it clear. Not trying to be rude but your questioning is getting a little odd - not sure why you can't just accept that Gilby and Matt et al are being combined into the Former Gunners section?

Hall of Fame GN'R relates to the people who were what most people perceive to be the 'classic lineup' and the ones who are most popular and active - Slash, Duff, et al. FORMER GUNNERS is for anyone else (Matt, Gilby, Teddy Zigzag if you must).

I don't really understand why you're having a hard time 'getting it'? Does this clarify?

It's a forum and these things are open for discussion.

Why on earth would Axl have a separate category when he is the de facto leader of Guns N' Roses?

If Axl had a section in the HALL OF FAME / ORIGINAL GN'R, people could discuss that era GN'R including Axl during that Era. It should stop people posting things about Axl and Adler or Axl and Slash in the current GN'R section of the forum.

By definition HALL OF FAME / ORIGINAL GN'R should include *all* members from that Era. That makes a lot of sense to me.

-

GUNS N ROSES - DISCUSSION & NEWS

shouldn't that be GUNS N ROSES - DISCUSSION & NEWS (2009 - Present)

Edited by vaida

It's a forum and these things are open for discussion.

It's open for discussion to the point that there's a separate thread already established for these kinds of questions ("ask a mod/admin" as well as the "forum restructure" feedback thread), and your question has been answered multiple times. It's open for discussion to the point that you can suggest it, but when you suggest the new forum be called "Ex Hired Hands" and continue to ask after having it explained to you, then it's no longer open for discussion. Subsy - the admin of the forum - saw your post, responded to it, and politely declined the idea. As a group, all of us spent time developing an outline for the restructure and we're pretty happy with the way it is. We won't be changing it. If you disagree with some of the changes, you're welcome to voice your opinion in the appropriate thread, but as far as I'm concerned your specific question about where to post stuff has been answered, and your proposal about a new subforum has been politely declined by the forum admin, so at this point I'm not really sure what you want?

If Axl had a section in the HALL OF FAME / ORIGINAL GN'R, people could discuss that era GN'R including Axl during that Era.

That's what this section is for.

The Band is for discussions related to Old GN'R. The individual bandmember sections - Slash, Duff, Steven, and Izzy - are for those bandmembers' projects since leaving GN'R.

Axl is still in GN'R, hence there is no reason for him to have a separate category. Anything Axl has done since the original band split is going to be related to GN'R, so it goes in Discussion and News. But Slash et al are no longer part of GN'R, hence their separate categories. However, anything involving Axl, Slash, et al while they were in the old lineup together would go in The Band.

Let me reiterate: any discussions about Axl during the 'Old' GN'R era would belong in 'The Band' forum. Of course, there's some common sense and leeway here - we're not gonna be super strict if someone posts a news article from 2012 about something Axl did in 1987 and move it to The Band per se - but this is kind of a general guide to follow.

It should stop people posting things about Axl and Adler or Axl and Slash in the current GN'R section of the forum.

It won't, because a lot of those topics are current, and a lot of posters don't care about making sure their posts are in the right place - they know D&N is the most popular area of the forum so they post stuff there in the hopes of more people replying.

Having said that, the forum users have been really cool and appreciative of the changes we've made and in my opinion everything's flowing quite nicely right now.

I don't think there should be separate sections for Duff, Steven and Izzy. There are only 8 pages of threads for Duff and Steven dating all the way back to 2003, and only 6 for Izzy. What I think would work best:

A > denotes a section with a >> being a subsection of the section above it

>Hall of Fame

>>The Band (AFD-TSI lineup discussion)

>>Slash (Slash solo project discussion)

>>Other Solo Projects (Izzy, Duff, Steven, Matt, Gilby, 1985 members solo discussion)

>Velvet Revolver

>Former Gunners (renamed to something that sets it apart from old members) (1998-present members solo discussion)

Guest Broskirose

I think there are enough threads that warrant an Anti Ashba section at this point.

It would take us one step closer in the battle to remove Ashba from GNR and save CD II from his clutches of inferiority, to have a major fan forum dedicate a section to such sentiments.

You can either be part of the problem or part of the solution MyGNR staff. You decide.

Edited by Broskirose

I don't think there should be separate sections for Duff, Steven and Izzy. There are only 8 pages of threads for Duff and Steven dating all the way back to 2003, and only 6 for Izzy. What I think would work best:

A > denotes a section with a >> being a subsection of the section above it

>Hall of Fame

>>The Band (AFD-TSI lineup discussion)

>>Slash (Slash solo project discussion)

>>Other Solo Projects (Izzy, Duff, Steven, Matt, Gilby, 1985 members solo discussion)

>Velvet Revolver

>Former Gunners (renamed to something that sets it apart from old members) (1998-present members solo discussion)

At the moment, under HALL OF FAME / ORIGINAL GN'R Subforums they list:

THE BAND - shouldn't that be Guns N'Roses ?

SLASH

DUFF

IZZY STEVEN

CANTER BANTER Q+A - not quite sure why he is here, but anyway..

They should include an AXL ROSE section here too, as he was in that band. This Band is different to the 2010 Band.

Taking onboard the above logic, GUNS N' ROSES - GENERAL Subforums should list:

AXL ROSE

BUMBLEFOOT

AD ASH

TOMMY STINTON

CHRIS PITTMAN

DIZZY REED

FRANK

As like Slash, Duff etc have solo career's / other bands. This would stop people talking about DJ ASH non GN'R work in the GN'R section. I also include AXL ROSE as he appeared on Sebastian Bach's record, and possibly others, and that work is non GN'R.

Do we really need such threads such as Luxury Robes by ASHBA Swag for Men and Women! Now available!. Best placed in a DJ ASH Sub Section

Edited by vaida

HALL OF FAME / ORIGINAL GN'R

FORMER GUNNERS (1985 - 2008)

Can someone explain what is eligible to be discussed from 1985 and posted in FORMER GUNNERS (1985 - 2008) as anything that is eligible should surly be posted in HALL OF FAME / ORIGINAL GN'R

This is the third thread you've started in a week when you've had two locked and politely explained the reasons why by both admins/owner and two mods; you've then gone on to open two more threads, one of which I specifically (and politely) requested you not to do. You've then been told by admin/mods and even our own members to post in the relevant "Forum restructure thread" in support and yet again, you decided not to? Interestingly enough, I've checked that "restructure" thread where we asked for members suggestions BEFORE me made changes -- That thread was active for over 6 weeks BEFORE those changes were made (and has now been active for over 2 months). We've had over +350 replies and guess what? not ONE SINGLE post from you? Getting how I'm starting to get a tad frustrated yet? no?

In any other previous ownership here (and indeed any respectable forum), not only would you not have been given the voice to continue to express those views but you would have formally warned more than once for doing so. To date, you've had no warnings/suspensions and I'm happy to extent ANOTHER friendly warning (and yes, in the forum rules it states mods not to "mock" forum members and I want to make it clear I'm not doing so) what I do though want to make clear to both you and others is: Whilst we continue to improve our service and forum to our community which includes our new flexible approach to moderating the forum, we will not be subjected to clear disregard from any member towards any members of the mod team - This is the last time I will issue another friendly warning, so any other threads of this nature by you will be deleted and not only will you be formally warned but we will take into account the then four friendly warnings previously issued.

On topic, I appreciate your comments (again!) but we have no plans to re-structure the forum after we gave all members the opportunity to voice their concerns before we made adjustments - we need to see if these sections work and give them around 6 months or so. After this period we will review and it may be the case we then look to make some 'tweaks'.

Thank you to others that made comments in this thread - I genuinely appreciate the feedback!

*Locked*