What can you tell us about Buckethead?

Hey Marc,

Did you ever get to meet Buckethead? If not, what have you heard about him from those in the GNR circle? How close was Axl to him? I always thought that Axl felt very close to Buckethead after he said they went to Disney Land together.

Hey Marc,

Did you ever get to meet Buckethead? If not, what have you heard about him from those in the GNR circle? How close was Axl to him? I always thought that Axl felt very close to Buckethead after he said they went to Disney Land together.

I love Bucket. When Axl showed up at my house one day and showed me his demo CD, I didn't even know who he was and before I even heard it I said thats your guy. I did meet him, he was a nice guy. I bought him a little mask for he KFC toy while we were in RIO 2001. Axl really liked him and got along with him well.

Edited by recklessroad

Have you ever seen Buckethead without the mask?

Yes, you would never know that it was Bucket if you saw him. When we were in Rio, it was a 45 minute drive to the soundcheck and it was very hot in the van and he didn't take off the leather face mask that he had on. He kept it on for the sound check and the ride back in the van. However in Vegas 2001 after the gig, I saw him in the coffee shop eating with his family with no mask and there were fans everywhere and no one knew that it was him.

Edited by recklessroad
  • Like 1