Wouldn't everybody win if this happened?

Apollo

GnR fans are CRAVING anything new from this band. New material. Concert footage. Behind the scenese footage. Interviews. GnR fans - the ones who buy gnr albums, who go to GNR shows, who buy GnR merchandise......the people who put the money into GnR's pockets...........they are absolutely craving and jonesing for anything new from the band!

These crazy bastards are willing to pay $100 to a complete stranger, just for some footage of a rehearsal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I sound like a broken record.

But wouldn't it be awesome if this year Team Brazil and Axl decided to give something extra to the fans?

*DVD featuring the band, backstage footage, rehearsals, band history, etc.

*Concert DVD/CD

*Remix Album

*All of the remaining CD songs. Don't save them for a new album. 10 year old songs!!! Just release them on their own, and let the CURRENT band create their own new album together. Release the 20 best CD leftovers and shut the door on that chapter of GnR.

*Axl's autobiography

That is a $100 box set that:

1. Amazing "thank you" to the fans of the band

2. Boost to the entire rock music world

3. Band makes money

4. Helps shut up the Axl haters, GnR Critics, and "bitter ex-fans"

5. A step to help the band get past the bucket/finck/brain years and move on with a fresh start

Everybody wins.

(It is Axl's band to do whatever he wants. I'm not trying to be an e-expert or tell anybody how to do their jobs. I'm not full of entitlement. I'm just giving my opinion on what I would like to see my favorite band do).

It would of course be great, but lots of the unreleased material exists in various states of completion, the Axl biography is a myth, a DVD would take too much time to make if Axl was involved with his meticulous sense of perfection. But releasing the "finished" unreleased songs, a live DVD and a remix album (if it really exists), would be really, really cool.

As to the question you ask in the thread title, I am not convinced releasing all this material in bulk now is the wisest thing to do from a marketing perspective. It might be give more revenue and advertisement effect to release this material (unreleased songs, live DVD, remix album) more gradually to sustain interest in GN'R and prime markets for new future albums. It's still only been four years since CD.

I wouldn't expect any material from any past members, ie Bucket, finck ect.

However a tour DVD with bonus footage would go down a treat. I think something will come after the tour.

Remember we have the London o2 show coming out, its in HD.

GnR fans are CRAVING anything new from this band. New material. Concert footage. Behind the scenese footage. Interviews. GnR fans - the ones who buy gnr albums, who go to GNR shows, who buy GnR merchandise......the people who put the money into GnR's pockets...........they are absolutely craving and jonesing for anything new from the band!

These crazy bastards are willing to pay $100 to a complete stranger, just for some footage of a rehearsal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I sound like a broken record.

But wouldn't it be awesome if this year Team Brazil and Axl decided to give something extra to the fans?

*DVD featuring the band, backstage footage, rehearsals, band history, etc.

*Concert DVD/CD

*Remix Album

*All of the remaining CD songs. Don't save them for a new album. 10 year old songs!!! Just release them on their own, and let the CURRENT band create their own new album together. Release the 20 best CD leftovers and shut the door on that chapter of GnR.

*Axl's autobiography

That is a $100 box set that:

1. Amazing "thank you" to the fans of the band

2. Boost to the entire rock music world

3. Band makes money

4. Helps shut up the Axl haters, GnR Critics, and "bitter ex-fans"

5. A step to help the band get past the bucket/finck/brain years and move on with a fresh start

Everybody wins.

(It is Axl's band to do whatever he wants. I'm not trying to be an e-expert or tell anybody how to do their jobs. I'm not full of entitlement. I'm just giving my opinion on what I would like to see my favorite band do).

nice fantasy list. but axl does what axl does. is what it is. so i don't see axl makin' the fantasy come true anytime soon

Groghan,

If they release the rest of the Chinese material, how long until you start bitching for new music once again?

Why speak If you have nothing valid to contribute, your comment was meant to do nothing but get shit started.

I forgot about that delayed London show stream actually. Hopefully we do eventually see it and it doesn't turn into another Better video scenario; the band were on FIRE in the UK, plus you got the added bonus of Izzy up there for a couple of songs.

Groghan,

If they release the rest of the Chinese material, how long until you start bitching for new music once again?

Why speak If you have nothing valid to contribute, your comment was meant to do nothing but get shit started.

He has a point to an extent.

We've had 4 pro- shots in the last 8 months, with another on the way. We've had a new website, new merchandise and tours in America and Europe, including an 'up close and personal tour' for a more intimate gig. The band is VERY busy since last October, yet people always want more. If a new album was to drop tomorrow, people would start complaining why there is no further tour dates planned. There is ALWAYS something someone wants.

Groghan,

Probably a longer time period than it will take for you to start bitching about what other posters post.

But putting your Axl worshipping aside - I will answer your question.

I have been an Axl Rose die-hard fan for longer than you've been alive.

I was alive when the band put out 4 ablums in a 5 year period. It was my favorite musical period of my life. Was then, and still has up to today.

(Funny how it works. Because you carry a grudge against me on a music forum, me wishing my favorite band would put out new music is considered "bitching." Even in topics I make that have no insults in them - you still come in with insults. It's OK to talk about GnR without turning it into a fight, kid).

Currently, my favorite singer and band have put out ONE album in the last 12 years. To you, and a few other Axl Nutters, this shows Axl's gigantic amount of musical integrity. For me, a die-hard music fan, I love to hear new music from my favorite bands. You and I will never agree on this - so it's silly to even argue about it. I love to get new music from bands that I like - you guys see it as a sign of itegrity that Axl doesn't sell out and release music every few years. To each fan own, I suppose.

If Axl Rose released a box set that included two albums of CD songs, his remix album..........and the new band released an album of new material next year.......you would not ever again hear a word out of my mouth wanting new material.

It is soooo weird how a few of you guys view wanting new music from your favorite band as a negative thing.

If Axl doesn't release another album for 5-6 years after his next album........at his age in life, at my age in life........at that point, I'd probably just take my 9 GnR albums and retire from the forum.

You are happy with one album from Axl every 15 years.

I would LOVE to have gotten more music from Axl.

You think Axl has integrity for not releasing new music.

I would pay $100 for a new album.

Yet you are a Nutter and I'm a hater?

We've had 4 pro- shots in the last 8 months, with another on the way. We've had a new website, new merchandise and tours in America and Europe, including an 'up close and personal tour' for a more intimate gig. The band is VERY busy since last October, yet people always want more. If a new album was to drop tomorrow, people would start complaining why there is no further tour dates planned. There is ALWAYS something someone wants.

Serious questions -

Where can I get those pro-shots? Are they DVDs I can watch at home, or CDs I can listen to in my car? Let me thank you in advance, as I seriously didn't know those were available. Are they free or do I have to pay?

I've heard the website sucks. That it has a lot of issues. You have to pay to become a member? What does that website give me that I don't get on mygnrforum? Exclusive info.....access to chatting with the band.....unreleased music.....????

Tours in America/Eurpore......I saw them on this tour. It was an awesome show.

New merchandise.....I guess for the younger fans that is cool. I bought my son a t-shirt at the last show. But for the majority of fans, we don't get that excited about a new poster or t-shirt or bandana. And, all bands do this. Are we really praising Axl for "just" doing the average thing now that all bands are expected to do? Not being a wise-guy here, but we're praising GnR for touring and selling t-shirts. Has it really came to that?

Up Close And Personal......wasn't in my city, (Axl does small shows and is praised, Slash does small shows and it's because he can't sell tickets - funny how that works). But sure, we can praise Axl for doing more shows. Though again, this is what most bands do. BETTER that the band is touring than dissapearing from the public eye - most definitely. But again, this is what normal bands do.

Your last two statements I respectfully 99% disagree with.

At this point, do you really think that people are going to complain if Axl dropped a new album tomorrow and takes a break from the last 12 years of touring? At least on this forum, the majority of the debates about touring are how long they have been doing it. The majority of people would rather they STOPPED touring for a bit and worked on a new ablum. Seriously, have you ever read anybody (besides the normal 4-5 Axl haters) say "Boy, instead of putting out a new ablum I hope the band tours for three more years." So I think you are 100% wrong on that point.

If you took a poll of every GnR fan in the world and asked "Would you rather have 2 more years of touring or a new album" what do you think the results would look like? I'm guessing 90% to 10% for a new album.

"There is always something that somebody wants".........yes, you are correct in that if you have 5 million fans - not all 5 million are going to agree on everything. But in terms of GnR right now, excluding the "haters" or cupcakes or whatever you want to call them........you don't think that a box set released tomorrow featuring the items I mentioned, no touring for the next year, and a new album released next summer by the current band - tied to a new tour........you don't think that would flat-out end 90% of any complaining about Axl and the band?

Axl Nutters and Axl Haters are always going to whine and cry and complain - no matter what happens.

But in terms of the other 95% of Axl's fan base.......most of those people are intelligent and mature enough to view issues on a logical level.

And this is just my opinion, but I believe new music trumps all else. Tours, new posters, a band website, etc.

After years of dissapearing. After years and years and years of touring the one album. After releasing one album since starting the GnR name up again. I don't think it is "bitching" for fans to wish for new music.

It is called being a fan and loving music from your favorite band.

Releasing new music is a win-win for everybody!!!!!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=BUiS41aKAoo

There's another one as well I just can't find it at the minute, the band streamed these live for $5 (rio was broadcasted). At least it was something.

And yeah they are available on DVD unofficially.

edit,

http://www.youtube.c...1ac.7ZvMDA2kD80

Fernando, the bands manager was on the forum today saying he is in contact with his admin to see about ways they can better the official website.

Edited by Axl_morris