Classic Rock: GUNS N’ ROSES FOCUSING ON WRITING NEW MATERIAL

SMG

What I said stands about GNR recording. That is all.

I don't know what you said about "GNR recording", but I do know you claimed the "new" members in GNR are basically nothing but a backing band, which must mean that you are not aware some of them had writing credits on the last record, most of them added music to the last record, and that the rest weren't around during the recording of the last record, but that all of them are said to help create the next record, hence effectively making them anything but backing musicians. Unfortunately, this also adds more evidence to the case that you are not really informed on GN'R or decides to reject facts that contradict whatever bitter attack on Guns N' Roses you try to fumblingly piece together. All this taken into consideration, I bet whatever you said about "GNR recording" is probably also just a sloppy attempt at discrediting the band while disregarding facts.

Yes, I said: "They are basically touring musicians". That is a direct quote. Note I said basically, which would mean the majority of the new band have done nothing significant but toured. It is a fact that the majority of the new band have not had significant contributions to GNR apart from touring.

Frank - Minor involvement on CD, touring drummer. No Writing credits.

Richard - Played on CD and toured. No Writing credits.

DJ - No involvement on CD, Touring guitarist. No Writing credits.

BBF - Minor involvement on CD, touring guitarist. No Writing credits.

Stinson - Played on CD, toured. Minor writing credits on CD.

Pitman - Played on CD, toured, Minor writing credits on CD.

As I said, they are all basically touring musicians. Some have bits and pieces here and there but overall have been there mainly to tour.

If you are going to try and pick me up on every little word I say, you should do a better job of it. Otherwise, it's going to be a long day of me re-posting exactly what I said.

Anyway, what other post of mine would you like me to write again, so you don't misquote me any further?

These members did much more than you think on CD.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what you said about "GNR recording", but I do know you claimed the "new" members in GNR are basically nothing but a backing band, which must mean that you are not aware some of them had writing credits on the last record, most of them added music to the last record, and that the rest weren't around during the recording of the last record, but that all of them are said to help create the next record, hence effectively making them anything but backing musicians. Unfortunately, this also adds more evidence to the case that you are not really informed on GN'R or decides to reject facts that contradict whatever bitter attack on Guns N' Roses you try to fumblingly piece together. All this taken into consideration, I bet whatever you said about "GNR recording" is probably also just a sloppy attempt at discrediting the band while disregarding facts.

Yes, I said: "They are basically touring musicians". That is a direct quote. Note I said basically, which would mean the majority of the new band have done nothing significant but toured. It is a fact that the majority of the new band have not had significant contributions to GNR apart from touring.

As I said, they are all basically touring musicians. Some have bits and pieces here and there but overall have been there mainly to tour.

If you are going to try and pick me up on every little word I say, you should do a better job of it. Otherwise, it's going to be a long day of me re-posting exactly what I said.

Anyway, what other post of mine would you like me to write again, so you don't misquote me any further?

are you suggesting they actually wrote songs bud chose not to take credit for it?

Yes, I said: "They are basically touring musicians".

Which means you are not aware some of them had writing credits on the last record, most of them added music to the last record, and that the rest weren't around during the recording of the last record but that all of them are said to help create the next record, hence effectively making them anything but just touring musicians. In fact, all this means they are close to normal band musicians who both write, record and perform the music in a band.

I have deleted my comment as this is not the section for such a comment. I retract my statement.

Edited by chokes

:rofl-lol:

Bumble:

I think before I played on 'Chinese Democracy', it seemed very tight and more industrial when I listened to it. I felt like the album needed sleaze, and just more sloppy rock 'n' roll (laughs). I put on rhythm tracks that were more riffy; if you listen more towards the right speaker, you just hear this kind of brown toned Marshall rhythm track which just throws a lot of riffs in there and stuff. Things like that I put in there, and all the fretless stuff. I could go through every song, and tell you what I did. Let's see... "Chinese Democracy"; rhythm tracks, and all the fretless stuff in the verses I came up with... "Shackler's Revenge"; riffs during the verses, rhythms, and all kinds of bends and tapping melodies at the end of the last chorus, and the guitar solos. Live I sing the chorus and play the tapping solo at the same time... "Better"; rhythm tracks, and a little slide in this one empty spot, on the fretless. In the second verse, I added some kind of bluesy riffs under the vocals... "Street of Dreams"; rhythm stuff and riffs... "If the World"; little solo riffs during the verses, and the chorus and rhythm tracks, and a couple of little solo things going into the choruses and under the choruses... "There Was A Time"; rhythms in the choruses with a riffy little lift towards the end of each, rhythms throughout... "Catcher in the Rye"; I came up with little parts for the guitars and melodies throughout the verses, rhythm tracks, the solo, the end solos, going back and forth with Axl's vocals... "Scraped"; rhythm tracks, solo on the fretless guitar... "Riad N' the Bedouins"; the main solo in the middle of the song, and rhythm tracks throughout... "Sorry"; rhythm tracks, and at the end of each chorus there's a solo guitar going on, that's my soloing there... "I. R. S."; just rhythm, and sleazy stuff throughout, riffy stuff throughout the song... "Madagascar"; rhythms in the choruses, and just slight riffy shit to the rhythms every once in awhile, breaking out in the choruses... "This I Love"; just rhythms underneath it all... "Prostitute"; just rhythms throughout... Yeah. That I believe is everything. I think (laughs).

does this remind anyone of the boy who cried wolf? they've been saying this for quite a few years now and then another tour gets announced

dj and tommy are the boys crying wolf. with another guns n roses tour happening

If Axl says "jump like a bunny" to the band as a whole, and any of the members feel they have to do it for fear of being fired, that does not = a band.

But how does this relate to realities?

They are hired hands masquerading as a band.

They write songs for GN'R, they record songs for GN'R and they perform songs for GN'R...They are band members in GN'R.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Classic Rock, pretty unsurprisingly, have completely altered the context & reality of a run of the mill, non-ground-breaking interview. The 3 alluded to described an ambition, or perhaps intention & their hopes regarding that, not actual studio times besides individuals or groups within GN’R playing ideas back & forth in advance of actual official album schedules.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I see now it was an Ultimate Classic Rock article & not CR as the OP claims; that is different in terms of agenda, but nonetheless the authors are guilty of sensationalizing an interview that didn’t really entail an awful lot of revelations.

I see now it was an Ultimate Classic Rock article & not CR as the OP claims; that is different in terms of agenda, but nonetheless the authors are guilty of sensationalizing an interview that didn’t really entail an awful lot of revelations.

classic rock magazine is an unreliable source. as reliable as the national enquirer

Edited by finck6

The thing is that them saying "were writing new music" doesn't mean anything unless we know Axl is working on it with them. They can write all the music they want together, but until Axl works on them their nothing but instrumentals.

..and lyrics don't come easy to Axl these days. He should give Izzy a call ;)

My prediction, the next Axl record will sell less than China Dem..

If they keep Bucket and Robin on the album, I might buy it, otherwise its illegal download :D

if robin and bucket not on CD II....CD II sales take a nosedive

What's with the Robin love? The guy sucks.

The guy's alright. But that's all he is. Been in two different HUGE NAME rock bands for over 18 years and has ONE songwriting credit released. Good song but ONE song. That's like being a one-hit wonder.

robin's the lead guitar player on the latest guns n roses album of new guns n roses material. the album axl currently tours on around the world

saying robin sucks....is saying SOD, TIL, chinese democracy, TWAT, IRS, Madagascar, and Better sucks 2

Axl's already done the double album thing with Illusions. A triple album, releasing new stuff plus leftovers from CD mixed in, would be a really cool thing for Axl to do at this point. OUR REWARD, so to speak, for being loyal fans. Price it as a double album. Perfect!!! :thumbsup: That's what I'd like for Christmas from Axl!!! :)

The guy's alright. But that's all he is. Been in two different HUGE NAME rock bands for over 18 years and has ONE songwriting credit released. Good song but ONE song. That's like being a one-hit wonder.

one hit wonder?

robin's the lead guitar player on TIL, SOD, TWAT, Chinese Democracy, IRS, Madagascar, and Better

one hit wonder? more like a 7 EPIC hit-makin' genius