Bumblefoot's Tweet: "Drained of passion & desire, way too many nails in the coffin on this tour."

Tyler Drama

Nothing he said was specifically directed at the band though, he was talking about "the tour" from his own perspective and "the tour" is very non-specific. People who know Bumblefoot or even know that he has played in GNR would not immediately know what tour he is referring to.

People following Bumblefoot know he is touring with GN'R now...

About the other point, yes there may have very well been opportunities for him to leave beforehand, but the car accident was only last year and since then for the most part they have been touring and he hasn't had a chance to be properly treated. He has also spoken frankly about how this situation has had a negative impact on his character.

He probably could have left before or after the UCAP tour. It was his decision to continue.

The thing is though it doesn't seem like he is clear about touring activities before they are committed. I guess the first priority for him in downtime would be treatment. In any case, again it's just my observation, and we will see what happens in the short term.

Thanks for your discussion.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing he said was specifically directed at the band though, he was talking about "the tour" from his own perspective and "the tour" is very non-specific. People who know Bumblefoot or even know that he has played in GNR would not immediately know what tour he is referring to.

About the other point, yes there may have very well been opportunities for him to leave beforehand, but the car accident was only last year and since then for the most part they have been touring and he hasn't had a chance to be properly treated. He has also spoken frankly about how this situation has had a negative impact on his character.

He probably could have left before or after the UCAP tour. It was his decision to continue.

The thing is though it doesn't seem like he is clear about touring activities before they are committed.

He still had the opportunity to leave the band in-between recent tours knowing that at any time he could be dragged into another tour. He decided not to leave but rather hang around, risking another tour to come shortly, now he reaps what he sow.

My guess is that being around Ashba so long has driven him crazy. Can't blame him.

I know it must have been hard since Ashba fucked your girl, but you need to calm down son

:lol:

Everytime Ron post a tweet like this fans get carried away and take it as a sign he's gonna leave the band. So far nothing has happened, so maybe this is just a tweet and nothing more, you know? Let's just wait and see what happens instead of jumping to conclusions.

I think Ron chose to go on the Europe tour because he felt he could play the shows, but the time in between the US and Europe leg would have been too short to find someone else. I also think if he's leaving GNR, he doesn't want to make a commitment to the next 5 years of his life to something he might be physically unable to do.

Hang in there Ron, you're a beast. Axl, you need a guitarist whose energy balances yours (Slash, BH?). The last thing Gnr needs is another yes-man or guy Axl thinks he can walk all over. If John 5 joins this fucking band I'm done. Seriously wtf happened to this band.

I think this might be the last hurrah for Ron in Gnr.

Edited by Eu4ic

Uleh I think Ron has been having alot of mixed emotions, no doubt the pain is triggering not just physical but emotional discomfort for him. The main thing is hopefully he has time now to get the proper treatment he needs and of course rest. What happens in the long term, no doubt being part of GNR is a confident income but I really don't feel Ron is completely motivated by that and that if things got to a certain point for him he would pull the plug. I would have complete respect for him if he was to walk away from GNR to put his personal and family needs first. Anyway that is his choice and his decision to make. Either way he has alot to contribute, and hopefully in an environment where he is properly valued, like the analogy of a scientist working at mcdonalds someone bought up before.

Uleh I think Ron has been having alot of mixed emotions, no doubt the pain is triggering not just physical but emotional discomfort for him. The main thing is hopefully he has time now to get the proper treatment he needs and of course rest. What happens in the long term, no doubt being part of GNR is a confident income but I really don't feel Ron is completely motivated by that and that if things got to a certain point for him he would pull the plug. I would have complete respect for him if he was to walk away from GNR to put his personal and family needs first. Anyway that is his choice and his decision to make. Either way he has alot to contribute, and hopefully in an environment where he is properly valued, like the analogy of a scientist working at mcdonalds someone bought up before.

I agree with u 100%. Personally, I would rather see Ron in an environment where he is completely valued and treated as a human being. Not some kind of monkey who is commanded to perform on cue, and has no choice otherwise. Simple fact is Axl should have let him recover and seek the proper treatment before this tour. I think that's a great analogy. He really is like a scientist working at mcdonalds. He's wasting his talents in GNR. If they aren't going to record soon, he should either try and join another huge band or just continue on with his solo stuff. Whatever makes him happy. Being in Guns, is becoming increasingly obvious detrimental to his mental health first and foremost. Ishallah.

I agree with u 100%. Personally, I would rather see Ron in an environment where he is completely valued and treated as a human being. Not some kind of monkey who is commanded to perform on cue, and has no choice otherwise. Simple fact is Axl should have let him recover and seek the proper treatment before this tour. I think that's a great analogy. He really is like a scientist working at mcdonalds. He's wasting his talents in GNR. If they aren't going to record soon, he should either try and join another huge band or just continue on with his solo stuff. Whatever makes him happy. Being in Guns, is becoming increasingly obvious detrimental to his mental health first and foremost. Ishallah.

I'm sure they asked if Ron was going to be able to do the tour, and he said he could. I also think if Ron said he was going to sit out this tour, he might not have been able to come back to the band. This time, he's prob. ready to move on.

I don't think he's wasting his talents if he gets enough time off to work on his own projects. It's not like he stops working on songs when he's on the road, but it all depends if he's in the frame of mind to come up with something or just wait until he's in a studio.

He admitted that he carried on touring because the band wouldnt find a replacement in time, and didn't want Axl being sued for a cancelled tour. Now with tour wrapping/wrapped up and no other shows planned, focus is now on recording. Which I imagine Ron can manage whilst having treatment....we'll have to watch this space :-/

It seems to me that he's had enough of Axl for several reasons - he should definitely quit if it makes him happier.

Team Brazil should comment this tweet maybe with something like: "Only Ron knows what Ron's doing." :confused:

Edited by trqster

Bumblefoot:

Drained of passion & desire, way too many nails in the coffin on this tour. Need to get home & recharge my batteries. Love you all :)

Why is he drained of passion and desire? Is it possible that some of these "nails in the coffin" could involve conflicts with other band members? Or maybe this is all still about the pain he's suffering from the car accident :nervous:

IMO when Ron write cryptic tweets like this, its a bit irresponsible. He very well may be referring the constant pain he is in, and I understand first hand the pain he has. I had a neck fusion surgery and deal with back and neck pain daily. There is too much people can read into this tweet and only attracts negativity.

Hate his tweet all you want and honesty can be a double edged sword BUT it's still a virtue.

If the guy is unhappy, he should be able to tweet it without people getting their panties all twisted. It seems like all of the cards are stacked against him. Pain, playing second fiddle to a joke and never knowing what his future plans will be. The main joy of the job they all have is they don't play by the same rules everybody else plays by. You don't have to bottle anything if you don't want to.

If anyone inside the GNR "camp" doesn't want negative tension, they(mainly the boss Axl) should be more involved with his "bandmates." If the job is to be more like a 9 to 5 job, then they need someone to step in when their employees are stressed out.

If he decides to leave, there's a new scapegoat for any lack of activity. Blame the janitor when you shit on the floor.

"Too many nails in the coffin"

"TOO many nails..."

That doesn't sound like your basic burned out after a tour.

Ron deserves better than the environment Axl has provided him.

Axl should have postponed dates last year when Ron was having back problems. It's shitty that he didn't care about Ron's health.

Perhaps the band asked Bumblefoot if he was okay doing another tour and he said yes? Saying Axl doesn't care about his health is jumping to conclusions.

hopefully ron's potential departure and/or suicide doesn't delay the next album.

really dude? :confused:

I gotta say bad taste on the suicide remark but...... the rest of your post hits the nail on the head.

Almost every post in this thread has been another example of "Those who know don't talk, those who talk don't know".

Lot's of negativity towards the band as a whole too..

But that tweet sure is depressing. I'd be sad if he's actually done with GnR. Love him as a guitarist and as an on-stage presence.

No clue how important Bumble (or anybody else for that matter) is in terms of recording/not recording etc.

Though my guess is that there's actually just one person who's opinion and presence matters it comes to recording at this point.

So I guess we'll just have to do what GnR fans have mainly been doing for almost 20 years now.

Wait and see, with barely anything to go on...