Bumblefoot's Tweet: "Drained of passion & desire, way too many nails in the coffin on this tour."

Tyler Drama

Guys it's been a long tour and there is only 1 show left. They all want to get home! Even Ashba posted something the other day about it. It could be something as simple of him not getting head after the show or something. BBF always tweets cryptic shit... However, with Ashba's "Boo" I'm sure they received some news from Team Brasil....

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using "nails in the coffin" kind of talk is quite obviously alluding to an END of something, a FINALITY to something.

I just wonder what it is that he is now going to be putting into the ground, dead.

---

People who want to read that as just going home tired after the tour are... wanting too much.

this bumble guy always seemed like a jolly good kind of chap, quite sad to see him burdened by physical pain like he is.

lets see what comes.

They've played 30 or so 3 hour shows in the past two months, and he's said that the rest of his life will be dictated by back pain. He is likely exhausted mentally and physically, and ready to get off the road (hence the "need to get home and recharge my batteries" part). People will read into it more deeply, though

So he "worked" 3 hrs a day 30 times in 2 months. Boo hoo! JFC get a grip.

bah, i've never really been a fan of Bumblefoot. he's a nice guy and all, but he's a pretty generic guitar plays and has absolutely zero stage presence, which is super important for a "greatest hits touring jukebox" brand like GNR. Also, Bumble is a HUGE complainer... he's constantly whining about something. I mean, everyone has problems in life, but not many sit around and complain about them all the time.

I wouldn't be upset if Bumble left the band... he's boring as hell anyhow, and I've come to the point now where I don't really expect anything from this silly brand anymore, except this stupid touring with essentially the same setlist for over a decade.

They've played 30 or so 3 hour shows in the past two months, and he's said that the rest of his life will be dictated by back pain. He is likely exhausted mentally and physically, and ready to get off the road (hence the "need to get home and recharge my batteries" part). People will read into it more deeply, though

Playing with pain is a part of life. You damn sure do it if your livelihood depends on it. Ask any pro wrestler about living with pain, or pro athletes, and THEY have no access to the best pain killers because they'd fail doping tests, BBF has no such restrictions on what he can take to make the pain go away. Phil Anselmo may have been an incoherent junkie near the end of the band, but he never ever missed a Pantera show despite the back pain. And props to Blumenthal, he hasn't missed any yet. Once his batteries recharge, he'll be ready to go again, although he'll probably tell management to book smaller tours at a time.

Edited by moreblack

At minimum it's not cool to do this to the people who are looking forward to seeing the remaining show(s).

Even if, realistically, 15 people out of 30,000 are there primarily as huge BBF fans wanting to hear the dude shred, that's a downer for those 15 people and they don't deserve that. He should know better.

That said, I hope he's alright under the circumstances as he's said it has affected his mood and personality. Of all the people in the world for something like this to happen to.

It'd be a shame for him to give up on the band as the tours have been great and the idea of new music sounds really promising, particularly with his involvement. This tour has by all looks and appearances been a success for everyone except a few clowns on the internet wanting to read a different list of songs on a website.

I hope the best for him, I feel he still has a lot to accomplish with the band if he gets the opportunity.

Edited by MarlaHooch

Take out the "Nails in the coffin" thing and he could just be happy the tour is over, he can get off the road, go home, back pain, etc...but nails in the coffin isn't a positive term and usually only used when someone has had enough of someone or something and are done with it. It could refer to touring but that's not normally how it's used.

Ron out Izzy in.

Izzy on Shackler's Revenge :takethat:

If bumblefoot left, I think Richard could take his parts. He's skilled enough for that, I'm sure.

I'm not sure he can play with a fretless guitar.

Yeahh.... that might be a problem :tongue2:

I don't really care much about this version of the band, but I do like how he has the balls to say what he wants to say. Nobody since the HoF band has done that.

Exactly - it's refreshing to see someone that isn't a blatant 'yes man'. Someone that knows they have the talent to move on and do other things and to barely look back. He knows Axl needs him more than he needs Axl I guess

Not suprising at all..

Bumble is a really creative guy and it must be so boring and stale being in GNR. Same music every year, same tour every year..

Bumble's losing his mind, DJ will be next

DJ has a mind?...

If DJ didn't have a mind, how else would he be able to create such a fly look for himself?

I don't really care much about this version of the band, but I do like how he has the balls to say what he wants to say. Nobody since the HoF band has done that.

Exactly - it's refreshing to see someone that isn't a blatant 'yes man'. Someone that knows they have the talent to move on and do other things and to barely look back. He knows Axl needs him more than he needs Axl I guess

Not suprising at all..

Bumble is a really creative guy and it must be so boring and stale being in GNR. Same music every year, same tour every year..

Bumble's losing his mind, DJ will be next

DJ has a mind?...

If DJ didn't have a mind, how else would he be able to create such a fly look for himself?

If DJ didn't have a mind, he wouldn't be in one of the biggest name bands on the planet, in a successful band with Nikki Sixx, having his own clothing and merch line, and most likely being more financially successful than 90% of the people who post here, WITHOUT playing well. :rolleyes:

bah, i've never really been a fan of Bumblefoot. he's a nice guy and all, but he's a pretty generic guitar plays and has absolutely zero stage presence, which is super important for a "greatest hits touring jukebox" brand like GNR. Also, Bumble is a HUGE complainer... he's constantly whining about something. I mean, everyone has problems in life, but not many sit around and complain about them all the time.

I wouldn't be upset if Bumble left the band... he's boring as hell anyhow, and I've come to the point now where I don't really expect anything from this silly brand anymore, except this stupid touring with essentially the same setlist for over a decade.

His problems are fairly unique, and his whining is rather justified I'd say. He's in a tough spot, stunt yourself creatively and risk your health but make lots of money being a rockstar, or get everything you had back but lose all the security that the guns job brings.

I wish that's all the time I had to work.

Sucks that he is in pain. But people need to relax on the how much of a struggle it is to be a rock star.

Travel the world, visit places the rest of us can only dream about, treated like kings, rock an audience for three hours.....and highly paid.

Oh my god, not this shit again! LMAO the haters do this EVERY TIME Bumble makes a tweet with ominous overtones lol. There are 100s of identical threads where the haters predict all sorts of nonsense and sneak in their snarky comments. But then... nothing happens and Bumble remains in the band, and they wait for the next tweet from Bumblefoot so they can spew their bs all over again.

Edited by Popcorn's Snare